Friday, March 13, 2015

Top Five On Friday

We made it, y'all!  The first five days of school after FOUR snow days and a week off for Spring Break!  Woohoo!  I have SUCH a feeling of accomplishment!! I'm linking up today with these blogs to celebrate the end of the week!






Thoughts for Thursday



{one.} Last week, I read this awesome post by Andrea at Tabler Party of Two. I can't tell you how much I needed to read that after the feelings of guilt and failure I had due to taking Alise to the neurologist last week.  You can read my post HERE. Honestly, I don't dwell on what people think about me.  Either you like me or you don't.  Having said that, I certainly don't go around thinking about the legacy I'll leave or what people will say about me once I've left this earth.  But what DID get me about Andrea's post was when she said, "...I'm suppose to pass the love of the Lord my God to my children..."  What a reminder!  Of course, my first thoughts were, Welp!  I've failed again!  But ya know what?  I am so determined to do a better job of this!  My goal this upcoming week is to some how, some way, by the Grace of God alone, pass on something to Alise this week!  I will do this!

{two.} I mentioned last week that I really needed a date night or a girls night out with my friends.  Well, guess what?!  I GOT BOTH!! We had a triple date last Friday night at one of our favorite restaurants.  There were a few moments of panic when Wayne and I got to P & A's house to pick them up and their babysitter had not arrived. Unfortunately, the babysitter had gotten the nights confused, but luckily, Wayne was able to find another sitter for them and we only ended up being fifteen minutes late for our reservation.



I had such a good time visiting with my friends and getting out of the house for a while.  The food was great!  We had everything from fried green tomatoes, to oysters, to shrimp and steak.


{three.}  I got up early, early on Saturday morning and started preparing a brunch for my crazy friends that ran in a 5K in freezing temps!  If you want to read more about it, you can click HERE.



{four.} I listen to XM radio while I'm in the car.  My favorite stations are the 80's {of course!}, the 90's, and The Highway - which is country music {I listen to a few other stations, too, but these are the three that I listen to the most}. On my way to work Monday, the DJ was telling the story of an NFL player who got his laptop mixed up with a high school principal's laptop in the airport security line.  He ended up finding her by googling her name and when their schedules conflicted, hopped on a plane and FLEW TO HER SCHOOL!!  And then ended up staying and visiting with the kids! You may be thinking, what has this got to do with anything?  My point: there is still some goodness in the world. And let's face it, the NFL needs all the good publicity it can get these days!! Check out the story HERE.

{five.} I'm kinda late to the contouring party, but it's all the makeup buzz right now!  Do you contour?  I do - to some extent - but I use three different products.  I'll share those in another post, but if you're like me, you're thinking that having it all in one compact would be kinda nice to have.  I made a run to Sephora on my lunch break this week specifically for the Two Faced contouring kit, but they didn't have it.  I use several Two Faced products and I like the brand, so that was my reason for choosing that one.  But once I got in the store, I saw this similar contouring palette, but I had never heard of the brand. Does anyone use this contouring kit by Anastasia?  I liked the "pinkier" shades it has.




And speaking of makeup, remember my big MASCARA DEBATE post?  Well, my trial size of They're Real has run out and it's time for a new one.  While I was in Sephora, I saw this mascara and I think it's going to be the next one I try. Does anyone use this mascara?  If so, let me know if you liked it or not.

That's all I've got today, Peeps!  Have a great weekend!  I'll be back on Monday with my menu and some great info about how to make THIS RECIPE! Oh my, it was SO good!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete