Friday, September 12, 2014

Happy Friday!

We're going to see CHER!!  I'm so pumped!!  She's coming to Shreveport in November and so we're going.  Someone told me that her concert is very similar to the performances she did in Vegas a few years ago, so I am SO excited!!  I didn't even know anything about it until I saw it on Facebook as an advertisement.  Tickets went on sale last Friday and although ours aren't the best seats in the house, I can deal.  Especially with the big screens!!

I hate to jinx anything, but this Mama is loving 4th grade!!  Oh, we still have to study, but not nearly like we had to last year!  Last year nearly killed me!  It's the middle of the first nine weeks and Alise has strong A's in every subject.  Even reading seems to be going well so far!

I mentioned last week that I got Alise's Big Sis a gift card to one of our local boutiques that carries all the latest homecoming fashion.  Well, she sent Alise (and me) the sweetest card this week to thank us.  I love how she encourages Alise. The younger girls need that so much!

Art lessons resumed this week and I wanted to show you Baby Girl's latest masterpiece.  She started working on it this summer, but finished it Tuesday night.  I absolutely LOVE this picture!!
I haven't decided where I am going to hang it yet, but I do want to get it framed.

And speaking of cheer...Alise told me yesterday on the way home that the cheer coach got on to her during practice and said, "If you're not going to try harder, I'm going to move you from the front row!"  Alise said she was really mean about it.  Now, first of all, this caught me on a good day.  Normally, I would be slamming on the brakes and doing a 180 back to the school.  Nobody puts Baby in a corner.  However....I actually laughed!  Yes, laughed!  Me!!  I was shocked, too, that a Coach would say that to a PeeWee squad cheerleader.  I could understand JV or Varsity, but not the younger ones.  But I'm learning.  I'm learning that if this is something Alise really wants to do, then she's gonna hafta put her big girl panties on and do it!  She's going to hafta deal with the sweat and the hot and being outside and putting her game face on even if she doesn't feel like it.  Alise told me that the Coach told her that because she had to do so many different positions within a 5 count.  Whatever.  Alise said, "And Mama, I wanted to tell her...."  And that's when we had to have a lesson on respect.  On the way home.  In the car.

Happy Friday!  We have a very low key weekend full of football (of course!), hair cuts, grocery shopping, movies, and a date night!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the tough cheer coach! lol Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete