Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake

We had a brunch this morning to wish an employee farewell and I made this recipe. I found it on the internet years ago for another party at work (my employees and co-workers enjoy being Genny pigs) and it was a hit so now I get lots of requests for it. I hope you enjoy it, too.

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

1 box of Duncan Hines Bakery Style blueberry muffin mix
1/3 cup of sour cream
1 egg
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of blueberry preserves
1/2 cup of vanilla flavored icing

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 or 9 inch cake pan. Wash and drain blueberries. Stir together mix, sour cream, egg, and milk. Mixture will be thick. Spread 1/2 of mixture in cake pan. Combine the blueberry and preserves together in a small bowl.
Spread one half of blueberry mixture over the muffin layer. Repeat the layers once more. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Microwave icing for 15 seconds and drizzle over warm cake (Today I used cream cheese icing and it was delish). Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I am definitely going to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good. I had to come over to your blog and check out the pics. YUMMY!!! I may make this for the family on valentines day.Thanks again for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blueberries and coffee cake so definitely gonna give this a try!
    And I concur on the Ole Dutch...I literally cried when we were driving home that dreadful night and saw a flashing lights and smoke! I miss that place something awful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day!! That cake is awesome!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh.my.stars! That looks sooooo darn tasty! I think I may have to make that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks soooooo pretty! I am printing this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does look so good! So, were you good and only eat Special K, or did you succumb to temptation and indulge??? I would have succumbed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm...that looks delicious! I am supposed to bring snacks to Sunday School tomorrow, so that may be just what I take with me! :)

    PS-I found your blog through Leigh Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Laura! I was born in Baton Rouge and my husband lived there when he was little, too! (But we didn't know each other.) I also lived on a military base in Port Allen when I was little. And my dad went to New Orleans seminary. :)

    Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I love blueberries!

    ReplyDelete