Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Taco Tuesday: Spicy Shrimp Tacos

It's Taco Tuesday, so I can't think of a better way to celebrate the day than with these delicious spicy shrimp tacos. 

And I have to apologize for not sharing this recipe with you sooner. It's been a little family favorite secret since Alise found the recipe last Spring on the internet. And to say that we didn't enjoy this secret all summer, would be an understatement! Alise's friends have been in and out and every time they come back, THIS is the recipe they ask for! We've even changed it up a little bit by grilling the shrimp and it's even yummier! Don't let the plethora of ingredients scare you. This recipe is SO easy! 
Here's what you need to make these yummy tacos:

Ingredients

flour tortillas
1 lb. of shrimp, fresh or frozen/thawed
1 t. paprika
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. black pepper
1 T. oil
1/4 c. ranch dressing
1 T. Sriracha
1 c. shredded/chopped cabbage
1 jalapeno pepper, diced 
1-2 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. honey
1 lime
1/8 t. salt
fresh chopped cilantro to taste

Sriracha Ranch Sauce - Stir together the ranch dressing and Sriracha. I usually double the sauce. 

Slaw Mixture - Stir the jalapeno pepper, apple cider, honey, lime, and salt together. Pour over the shredded cabbagge (I buy the slaw in the bag) and sprinkle with cilantro. I usually double the slaw because my family loves it so much. 

Season shrimp with the paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and then cook in oil until no longer pink. After the shrimp is done, cut into small pieces and layer on warm tortillas. Add the slaw and top with the sriracha ranch sauce. 

Wayne and Alise can't decide if it's the sauce or the slaw that make these tacos so good. You'll have to try them to see which one you think makes this recipe such a winner!
Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

17 comments:

  1. I don't like shrimp but these do look delicious! tacos are the best :)

    Hope that your week is off to a great start :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like shrimp, either. I usually eat something else while they enjoy the spicy tacos.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE slaw mixture on tacos!!! I also put it on my eggs! - which sounds weird - but I love that crunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Slaw on eggs? That's a first for me, Rebecca Jo!

      Delete
  3. Well I know what I'll be trying soon. YUMMM!!!
    XOXO
    www.coasttocoast2.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that sounds wonderful!! Pinning for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what y'all think!

      Delete
  6. The Shrimp tacos sound and looks like a great dinner idea. Thanks for the recipe. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These will be a huge hit in our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Can't wait to hear what your family thinks!

      Delete
  8. those tacos look amazing! Thank you for sharing. I've always been a big fan of Taco Tuesdays!

    https://colorandgrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband will LOVE these! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok, i seriously needed to look at this yesterday! I made a shrimp pasta for the first time. I know. I rarely ever bought shrimp when we lived in Georgia, especially to make a entree with. Just shrimp cocktail. Now that I'm in Florida I'm trying to up my fish game!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so sweet to make these shrimp tacos for your fam when you don't care for shrimp yourself. I am afraid I taught my girls to dislike the same things I disliked just because I didn't serve that stuff. Tomatoes, for example.

    Have pinned this recipe and have all the ingredients already! Yipppeee!!

    ReplyDelete