Monday, March 04, 2019

Farm House Inspiration

Our house is not a farm house. And I'm okay with that. But incorporating some farm house touches never hurt anybody, right? Actually, it can be kinda fun coming up with new decorating ideas and finding new places throughout your home for existing timeless or sentimental pieces. My style is more along the lines of simple and classic because my main focus is making our house a home that my family feels loved in and cared for. I want our guests to feel welcomed and relaxed when they enter.

Having said that, I've identified a few areas in our home that I'm hoping to "refresh" this spring and today I thought I would share some of my favorite farm house inspiration 

Tobacco baskets are huge decorating favorites right now in case you didn't know. I'm so mad at myself for not snatching up one that I saw at Christmas time at Hobby Lobby. It was huge and had the word, "Gather" scripted in the middle of it. A few weeks ago, Wayne was with me at a local home furnishings store and when I picked one up to look at it, he said, "Do you know what those are?" When I said yes and that I wanted one, he said, "My grandmother had tons of those things when I was growing up." See, friends?  Everything always comes back in style. 

I have an area under our stairs that I'm wanting to re-design. I'm loving the tobacco baskets OR a paneled mirror with a wreath. Here are a few designs that I'm loving.
Get this look... #onepieceatime vintage milk cans wooden crate tobacco basket
11 50 Picturesque Farmhouse Furniture Decor Ideas
Triad of Narrow Whitewashed Mirrors Accented with Eucalyptus Wreath
So thanks to my blog friends, I decided to drink some of the tiered tray kool aid and I am SO glad that I did!  These girls were right!  These trays are so much fun decorating for the seasons. I'm hoping to debut my Easter tray decor in a few weeks, but in the meantime, check out my friend, Lisa's post, Tiered Tray 101. I am so proud of her for writing that post because I think she does such a great job decorating her - not one! - but TWO trays!  Love, love  her inspiration!
Farmhouse 3 tier stand decor
Our Tier trays are versatile. Put them together to make a higher size tray.
 
And if you love this St. Paddy's Day tiered tray, hop over to Andrea's blog to see her oh-so GREEN version of this Irish holiday!  My girl bleeds green for her Fighting Irish football team, Notre Dame, so it's no wonder that she would come up with cute decor for St. Patrick's! 

Our kitchen island is pretty large (I love it!  It's perfect for entertaining!) and I just love the big farm house lanterns for lighting. Unfortunately, Wayne doesn't think that new island lights are a priority right now. 
Stunning Kitchen Decoration Ideas With Rustic Farmhouse Style 17 decorate kitchen for xmas Christmas
35 Farmhouse Kitchen Remodel Ideas #Farmhouse #kitchen #remodel #KitchenRemodelCost
Floating shelves have grown on me and I'm actually planning to add them to a certain area of our home, but that's another post, Friends! I'll share soon enough!
Free plans and video tutorial to create these really awesome DIY floating shelves! They use pulleys and rope to give them a cool hanging look!
And one more design that I'm loving and have the perfect space for in my kitchen! Don't you just love this?! Our kitchen is red and these white letters would just pop.
Best Farmhouse Living Room Makeover Decor Ideas 07
Our summer plans include lots of painting! We're repainting the living room, kitchen, and hall bath. Fortunately for me, Wayne doesn't let me get too close to a paint brush. I helped him paint his bedroom once in college when he moved in with some roommates and he told me that I was an awful painter. So I guess I just get to supervise our upcoming projects instead. Ha! Either way, I'm looking forward to refreshing our home this spring and summer. 
Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

14 comments:

  1. Love all of these looks. I love my tiered trays. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the farmhouse inspiration! I have always loved the shabby chic kinda vibe! Those tiered trays have really become a labor of love haven't they? They are so fun and I love seeing how everyone is decorating theirs! I can hardly handle the one I have let alone two - Lisa is my hero!!!
    Love you sweet friend and I know that all who enter your home feel loved and cared for!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so much, Kellann! You know how to lift my spirits! And I agree that the tiered trays are a "labor of love'! Especially this "investment year," right Girlfriend?! Your tray always looks so great, too!

      Delete
  3. Woohoo! Yes, perfect Inspo and you have me ooohing and aahing over here! We have been pondering some floating shelves. I have a similar “Home” in my kitchen nook but I really like the white letters. Mr. H needs to rethink some lights, lol, with your big beautiful counters, new lights would be spectacular! Love ya, make it a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that style so much. That HOME with the wreath is ADORABLE!!!! I've not seen that before - I've got to pin that for a reminder.
    Loving the tier tray with the Starbucks cup on it for St. Patricks Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all!!! Go Notre Dame Fighting Irish!!! Hugs Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I jumped on that Tiered Tray bandwagon too and ordered myself one after saying I wouldn't. I talk about it tomorrow on my Prime Purchases post. I love all your inspirations and can't wait to see your "new home look." Happy week Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I"m glad you bought one, Lea! I think you're going to enjoy shopping for things to go with it to decorate. I know I have! Can't wait to see your version, too!

      Delete
  7. I am not allowed to paint or do any crafting projects in our backyard. Once we did the huge remodel a few years ago....I have to do it all down at Tony's warehouse and shop. WHATEVER. I love all your inspirations! Cant wait to see what you come up with !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those baskets are so cute - I don't think I've seen them before. And I definitely need to get a tiered tray - it would be perfect for my dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love adding touches of farmhouse chic to the house. The things you've picked are perfect, and I can't wait to see the tiered tray. I am still working on getting more "stuff" to add to the levels. Paint is such a great way to update, and I know your new choices will be a perfect way to freshen things up. Your home is so cozy already though! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that kitchen too! We have two tiered trays and I love decorating them for the seasons...Andrea's St. Patrick's Day tray is too cute!

    ReplyDelete