Monday, March 12, 2018

All About Skincare

Did anyone else watch that awful show, Nip Tuck, back in the early 2000's on HBO? I'm ashamed to admit that we did, thanks to our best friends that moved to Houston. The show is definitely not for the faint of heart and by telling you that it was on HBO should more than tell you exactly what kind of show it was. I say all of that, because for some crazy reason, it came to mind while I was writing this post. 

Are botox parties popular in your area? They are becoming quite the soiree here and I can see why! For about half the price, you can get an "injection" of your choice. This was QUITE the topic of conversation at a recent GNO and let's just say that we had some really great laughs and "discussion."

I'm not big on skincare. And I say that meaning that I no longer buy expensive products because I feel like I get great results with the drug store type products that I've always used. I do switch up from time to time and I have been known to still "splurge" on a face wash or mask, but for the most part, I'm a cheapo. My skin type is normal and I remove my make up every night, unless it's really late and I'm just ready to crash.

So anyway, here are some of the products I use:

Gentle Cleanser// I go back and forth between cleansers. Currently, I'm using Dove Beauty Bar to wash my face each night and remove my daily make up. I have this thing where I prefer bar soap for my face. Weird, I guess. I also really like Cetaphil Cleanser (which is what Alise's dermatologist recommended) and Neutrogena Daily Cleanser. 

Deep Cleaning Brush// Clarisonic is the most popular brand of cleaning brushes and I love mine. I use it every other night for a super clean feeling.

Night Cream// I just started using a night cream, y'all. Seriously. And I picked up Dermasil Oil Free Night Moisturizer literally at Family Dollar and the only reason I bought it was because I went in the store to get Scotch tape and didn't want to check out with just tape. So I ended up doing what the store WANTS you to do, and filled my arms with stuff I really didn't need because I just came in for freaking TAPE!

Eye Cream// I guess this is my current "splurge." I've been using Benefit's It's Potent eye cream for nearly a year and a little goes a long way. Although I don't normally have dark circles, when the insomnia kicks in, I can totally tell a difference with using this product. 

Exfoliation// St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I use it twice a day. 

Masks// Alise and I enjoy doing face masks together. About once a month, we have a Mama/Daughter sleepover night and we pile up in my bed with a big bowl of popcorn and watch a movie while our masks do their thing. I normally just buy the inexpensive face masks at Target or Ulta. I've never done a charcoal mask (I'm kinda scared because they say it hurts to pull off and skincare should NOT be painful, y'all!), but Alise said she did one at her friend's house one time and I have to admit, it did help with her blackheads. 

Moisturizer// If I struggle with any skincare product, it's moisturizer.  I just haven't found the "IT" brand for me. I've used them all and I'm currently using Ponds, because, you guessed it! I bought it at Family Dollar when I just needed tape!

Primer// I've mentioned Elf's primers before and for the price, you just can't pass them up. They have different ones, and I use the illuminating. After trying Elf and getting the same results as my previous $30 primer, I was sold. The best $6 bucks I've ever spent!

Hydrating Facial Mist// After I've applied all my makeup, I treat myself to a few mists of Mario Badescu's facial spray. Everyone I've told about this mist, loves it! Look for the smaller bottles to try around the check outs! 

Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

21 comments:

  1. I can't read the word Botox without thinking of the scene in Christmas with the Kranks when Tim Allen gets Botox before his vacation - hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, you are so right! Completely forgot about that! Too funny!

      Delete
  2. Yes, yes, I so watched Nip/Tuck and cried the last show, the Bromance with Dr's Troy (HOT) and McNamara got me but yes, you did have to have a stomach for it. You have such a beautiful face with great skin, Love seeing what you use. I have been using Boot's No7 serum and eye cream and love it. I hope YOU feel beautiful today sweet friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dr. Troy was SMOKIN HAWT!! I've thought about trying the No7 products, too. My hair dresser was telling me that's what she uses. Have a great Monday, Girlfriend!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. My husband and I watched Nip Tuck religiously. It got kind of too far out there at the end. Just another reason we are probably cousins or something - you shop at the Family Dollar. You know that's an NC company? However, I never go there because it's too far away LOL I go to Dollar General. And I buy regular every day low priced skin care. That's why we have purdy skin. We don't spend loads. Ponds is the true secret to good skin - I have always been told that! But I use Olay so I guess I am doomed LOL! Love ya beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are beautiful,Amanda, with your cheap skincare products! Leaves us more money to buy vodka!! Lol! 😂

      Delete
  4. Try First Aid Beauty's moisturizer. It's not crazy expensive, and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie! I'll have to give it a try!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! No, I never saw that...talk about cheap. We're too cheap to pay for HBO😉. Anyway, I've used a charcoal mask that you just wash off, not pull off. Katie and I like to do masks too. She got home Saturday night (YIPPEE) and last night yelled into my room to ask if I wanted to do a mask. I already had my regular nightly mask on🤭. Oh well, another night I'm sure. I have't heard of Botox parties. What a hoot! Does that mean everyone leaves with the same expression? LOL Happy Monday friend!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Big laugh about the Botox parties, Lisa! We don't pay for HBO anymore, either. Have fun with Katie this week!

      Delete
  7. Well, that was so interesting and I really wish that I had done a post on this as I'm all into skincare. I always enjoy your posts and sharing a bit in your life. Happy new week dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK - I'm gonna get some of that scrub if you use it twice a day.
    I'm such a basic girl with skin care - I dont even use moisturizer. May be why my skin looks like a 75 yr old

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, Nip/Tuck! I love that you have found some great drugstore options!

    ReplyDelete
  10. botox parties????!! I have never heard of it...sounds nuts! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard about the facial mist, but I've never tried one. I've never been one to spend a lot of money on skin care products - I think some of the drug store brands are just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my Ponds! I love your favorite skin care. Your routine is very similar to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew I could not participate in this month's posts because you would all laugh at me. My skincare regimen includes washing my face in the morning and evening and that's about it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:46 PM

    I genuinely value your work, Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:03 AM

    I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this site.
    Thank you, I will try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your web site?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous11:15 PM

    Very interesting subject, thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete