Okay I'll be honest. This is not a picture of my mama's pecan pie. I had every intention of making her pie, though, this weekend and sharing all the wonderful steps and pictures like the profs do, but what can I say? The weekend got away from me and well? Her pecan pie got thrown to the curb. Sorry, Mom!
However....
Because so many of you have asked for the recipe, I thought I would post it here for y'all and as a future reference for myself. Ya know? So I won't have to text my mom and say, "Send me a screen shot of your pecan pie recipe when you get a chance." Here goes:
Mama's Easy Pecan Pie
3 eggs
1 cup white Karo syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. of vanilla
1 T. butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1 9 inch pie shell
Combine all ingredients and beat with mixer until well blended. Pour into uncooked pie shell.Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until the filling no longer shakes.
At this point, you may be like what the what? No worries! My mama's got you covered! Here's her own person story she texted me and I'm reposting here because it may be helpful.
Who the heck wants a "shaky" pecan pie? Not me! Take Mama's word for it! I promise it's delish!


Do you say pee-can or peh-con? LOL This is my favorite pie but I never make it because its so dang bad for me. But good - it is good for the soul! xo
ReplyDeleteWe usually have it at Thanksgiving! And I say peh-con. What say you?
DeleteI used to have an easy recipe for pecan pie like this but it called for a cup of chocolate chips too; talk about super sweet! It was so yummy though... I love me some pecan pie.
ReplyDeleteI've only had chococolate chip pecan pie once and it was absolutely delicious! I've lost my recipe! Would love to get yours!
DeleteOh how we love us some Pecan Pie in this house. I think that recipe is super similar to the one I use. YUM!!!!
ReplyDeleteI need to save this.. I've never tried a pecan pie.. & its the hubs top favorite of pies.
ReplyDeleteOh, please try it and let me know what you think! It's Wayne's fav, too!
DeleteThis is identical to my mamas recipe....so so good!!!
ReplyDeleteWe have awesome Mama's!! Xoxo
DeleteOH! I love pecan pie and an easy recipe sounds like it can only be a good one! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious!!!
ReplyDeletePoor Keith....he loves him some pecan pie and I have to say it is one I just don't care for so I never make it. My mom is always in charge of bringing it at Thanksgiving! haha
ReplyDelete