Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Movies We Saw This Summer

We were on a movie kick this summer! Although we didn't see every blockbuster, we spent more time as a family in the movie theater this summer than we ever have. Much of that has to do with the fact that Alise is older and has totally gotten away from the animation (Thank goodness!) and kid movies. She's more into story lines and so she happily crashed mine and Wayne's movie dates. Of course we didn't mind! Today I thought I would share some of the movies we've seen this summer.

Wonder Woman// My absolute favorite summer move this year! I have to admit, I'm a WW snob. I grew up watching the television series in the 70's and 80's and Linda Carter will always be my favorite.  However, I was pleasantly surprised by the acting of Gal Gadot. I'm also not a comic fan, so I was a little skeptical about seeing it and although the ending got a little far fetched for me, I loved how it lead you into the upcoming Justice League movie.

The Mummy// As I've said in a previous post, do not waste your time with this one. Even Alise said about three quarters into the movie, "Mama, this is so stupid!" We blamed it on daddy because it was his pick.

Rough Night// I saw this movie with my girlfriends and it was funny, but not overly hilarious. Most of the funny parts were in the previews. I think I was expecting it to be more along the lines of Bad Moms. I know that sounds absolutely horrible, but as this stage of my life, that's just the movie I identified with more.

Transformers// Wayne and Alise actually saw this one. I am not a Transformers fan. They didn't care for it too much.

Despicable Me 3// Everyone is shocked when I tell them that I didn't care for this one. I know right?? I mean, the movie soundtrack is awesome, but I enjoyed the first and second movies better. Still, I say that it's a summer must-see.

Snatched// I took Stephanie and Alise to see this before Stephanie left to go over seas. We loved it. Goldie Hawn is still so funny!

Book of Henry// Alise had been wanting to see this movie ever since we saw the previews, but it was rated PG-13, and although I have "ventured out" a little in monitoring what she watches, I just wasn't sure this was the movie for her. When she wasn't able to go to basketball camp with her teammates, I decided to cheer her up and she and I had a mama/daughter date night. I must say that I thought this was one of the cleanest PG-13 movies I've seen in a while! It was a sad movie, though, with a good ending. 

Atomic Blonde// Wayne loves Charlize Theron, so this was a no brainer that we would see this. Think a female version of Jason Bourne. Loved the twist at the end, too. AND!  Another killer soundtrack!

Spiderman// Definitely not my favorite Spiderman movie. I know the audience was probably intended for the younger crowd, but the role of Peter was just too quirky to me. I guess I like a more "serious" Spiderman.  What can I say?

Still On The List// Of all the summer movie hits, we STILL have not seen Dunkirk. I'm thinking of taking Alise with me to see The Glass Castle. I read the book a few years ago for book club and it was good and I'm thinking she might like it.

What movies have you seen this summer?

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when the kids start to enjoy the same movies we do? I'm also an old Linda Carter fan, and loved the new WW too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is nice, Tanya! I was so disappointed that Linda Carter didn't at least have a cameo appearance in the new movie. :(

      Delete
  2. I haven't beem to the movies in ages! I want to see the new Molly Shannon movie Fun Mom Dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard about the new Molly Shannon movie! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  3. Ok, sold on atomic blonde! I have been wondering about that one, every time we see the trailer, Mr. Nine says we should see it and I'll tell him now we can a recommendation from Laura! Wonder woman was my favorite too. I was bummed all summer because we just really did not see that many great movies but this one redeemed it for me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so disappointed in my movie watching... we totally missed out on EVERYTHING!!! Except Beauty & the Beast ;) haha... 3 x's... but no Marvel movies. I'm shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on Despicable Me 1 and 2, they are some of my favorites. I have not seen 3 but am excited to see it when it comes out. I cannot wait to see Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You my friend are a movie buff...me, not so much! But we have so many other fun things in common. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. This summer I have went to see.... Haha I never go to the movies!!! Isn't that bad? I can tell you that my bestie and I have a date planned for the new Reese Witherspoon movies coming out this fall (there are two of them I think) and Bad Moms 2 (The Christmas one) at the holidays. The kids went to see Cars 3, Despicable Me (whatever number it is), and The Nut Job 2 - which they LOVED. The sitter and my mom took them. I work they play...one day maybe we'll switch roles LOL! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete