Thursday, August 06, 2015

Thoughts on Thursday

Here are just a few things going through my crazy mind today!  Enjoy!

1.  Wayne and I had an impromptu date night last night.  Alise stayed at my parent's house with her cousins that are in town visiting for a few days. I enjoyed a nice cosmo and read while he mowed the yard. We were in bed by 9:30. Not a late date night.

2.  What is the deal with people in Tennessee?  Why are they shooting people and trying to blow themselves up in movie theaters {We actually thought about going to the movies last night, but Wayne said the yard looked really bad and we're having friends over this weekend, so we stayed home}?  I guess I have no room to talk since the shooting in the theater in Lafayette, here in my home state {I'm about 4 hours away in case you're wondering}.  But still.  Get a grip, people!

3.  Since Alise wasn't home, I took Jack out to do his business and I had him on a leash because there's nothing more funny than me and Felicia trying to chase after a #@$% dog in the yard! So, anyway, he took off running in a direction that made me have to jerk my right foot and I thought I was about to die!  I hope to goodness I didn't just add another three weeks to my recovery time! But the good news is, I'M OFF THE CRUTCHES!!!  I feel like a new woman!

4.  I'm making Bacon Corn Dip and Spinach Artichoke Dip this weekend when our friends come over to hang out!

5.  I'm looking forward to our trip next week to New Orleans!  We're staying at the Ritz Carlton {that's where my seminar is} and I've got to make dinner reservations today. I'm thinking The Bourbon House for this visit. I can't wait to get all dressed up!  I'm thinking a red dress!

6.  Alise going through puberty is going to kill me.  Literally. 

7.  And what about all the stars divorcing?!  Ben & Jen, Gwyneth & her man, Blake & Miranda?  But the one that shocks me the most is Reba & Narvill!!  Who knew?

8.  And WHAT did I just tell y'all last week!?  Last night, I had the TV volume turned down low so I could just barely hear while I was reading and WHO DO YOU THINK SHOWED UP ON ET?!?  Mariah Carey!!  If you don't know what I'm talking about, click HERE.

That's all I've got today, Peeps!  Except for the fact that it's hotter here in Louisiana than the "hinges of hell" {I got that from Chrisley Knows Best} and I don't want to go to work, but somebody has got to pay all those back-to-school fees in about another week, so I guess that means I have to go!

Enjoy your Friday Eve!

11 comments:

  1. Ugh, school fees What am I, a bank? This senior year is going to kill me! Yeah, so my mom said since Reba hurt Narvill, maybe she has a shot and is going to Tweet him...only she isn't on Twitter! Lol! Dips, did you say dips and with the word bacon? I will join you even if the hinges are hot ;-) for those hot digits dips! Happy day!! girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, Andrea! As to what my parents use to say, "Money does not grow on trees at our house!" That's funny about your mom!

      Delete
  2. That dip sounds great! As for the bad stuff, like the shootings, it's just so awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy world! Can't go anywhere anymore without fear of being shot by some crazy!! But, maybe, just maybe it will wake this country up to dealing and helping those with mental illnesses. The dips sound so yummy. Praying your foot is no worse for the wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love impromptu date nights!! We had one last night too, at Chick Fil A - ha! Sometimes there's just not time to cook dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's delish, Katelyn! I posted the link to the recipe on one of my Friday Favorites posts this summer if you're interested.

      Delete
  6. I've never been to New Orleans but it's in my top ten of US cities I want to visit!!! Michael is a Packers fan and always looks at their schedule, and asks if I wanted to travel to a game where would I pick...well you can bet if New Orleans is on the schedule that would be my first pick! (It was last year...not that we actually went.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reba and Narvill! NOOOOOOO! I haven't heard that one yet. Oh, I love Reba. Did you ever watch her show Reba? That makes me sad, they have been married a long time and just had a grand baby. Geez! Red dress with Felicia will look stunning. I remember twisting my foot a few times in the darn boot too and thinking the same thing. Luckily, the healing was better than I thought and never did further damage. The though just about put me under though. Puberty, well I can certainly help you with that - went through it three times with the girls. I survived! You will too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you are in for a treat, the Ritz Carlton is awesome! And, the mention of that Bacon Dip makes me want some right now. Hope you didn't hurt your foot and that you will soon be good as new!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ritz Carlton? Wow, that will be awesome! And I'm with you....the news about Reba and Narvill broke my heart, I mean really broke my heart. (Like Reba and I are actual friends or something!)
    Puberty is definitely an adjustment, but nothing like when she gets her drivers license. We crossed that bridge in March, and man, I almost needed medication to get through it! Enjoy every second! Time goes waaaay too fast.

    ReplyDelete