Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Hello August!

Our introduction to August had us in our pediatrician's office first thing Saturday morning {I just know our health insurance company is loving us these last few months!}.  Alise has been fighting a sinus infection since her time in Alabama and I blew it off last week thinking she was just pouring on the drama. Then her sinuses began bleeding at the end of the week and when she woke up Saturday morning, I knew I had to get her to the doctor for some meds. So by 10:00 that morning, we had been to see the doctor, gotten Chic-fil-a for breakfast, and had our three scripts, one being an antibiotic.  Talk about the Mom of the Year Award!!  But in true Baby Girl fashion, she stuck with me while we proceeded to go ALL OVER town looking for her new gym because they were having their open house {Note to self: when typing in an address in your car's navigation system, it is important to include the "N" or "S" if it is included in the address!}. We finally found the place and including signing my life away, I also had to sign over my next paycheck! Good grief!!  After that, we came home and watched a dozen or so episodes of Gilmore Girls, snuggled up together on the couch!

We had plans to go out to dinner to celebrate Wayne's birthday {two weeks late}, but he was tired after cutting firewood all day and since Alise was sick, we just decided to stay home and order a pizza.  My two SW geeks watched an episode of Star Wars while I read a book.  We did have an "intermission" to cut into the strawberry cake {with cream cheese icing} I got for Wayne!  It was so yummy!


After I made Alise go to bed early, Wayne and I watched the first three episodes of "Bloodline" at one of my friend's suggestion.  Has anyone else watched this series?  Right now, there is only one season and it's on Netflix.  I texted Jennifer on Sunday and told her that it was slow, but she said to stay with it, that it gets much better.  Apparently, everyone who is anyone is watching this right now, but I haven't read anything about it in Blog Land.

On Sunday, we took home made lasagna, garlic bread, and my special chocolate pie over to Chad and Jannah's.  Alise couldn't wait to get her hands on Baby Ryker.  He is the sweetest thing!


For supper, I made this roast recipe.  I refuse to make a roast any other way now because we love it so much!  I also made these scalloped potatoes. Yummy southern comfort food! You can find both of these recipes on my Horton Favorites board on Pinterest.

Last week, I finished this book by Chevy Stephens.  It was so so good that I couldn't put it down! I read it in two days!  If you like thrillers, then I highly suggest it!

And there's nothing like waiting until the final hours of the Nordstrom sale to make a purchase! Sheaffer over at Pinterest Told Me To posted a pic on Instagram over the weekend of the waterfall cardigan, so I decided to use a gift card I've been holding on to for dear life and get it.  The burgundy color was no longer available in my size, so I opted for the black instead. Up until Saturday, I had not bought anything from the sale because I just have a thing about buying fall clothes on the internet when it's 100 degrees outside.  And due to Felicia, I just haven't been in the shopping mood.  However, I've already warned Mr. Horton that I will be doing some damage in October when we're back in Dallas.

And just because I can, I'm thinking seriously about pulling out all my fall decor this week and getting my decorating mojo on! I've mentioned quite a few times that I'm over summer. Two peeps that I follow on IG posted pics this weekend of their fall decor, so I'm considering doing the same. I just have to be really, really nice to Wayne so that he'll bring all my things downstairs because there is no way that Felicia and I are going anywhere near those stairs!

Have a great week!

13 comments:

  1. I have seen good critic's reviews of Bloodline, but haven't heard much else about it. I'll have to give it a try. Right now we are watching Orange is the New Black. It's good, but also so raunchy that I feel guilty watching it. I also ordered that waterfall cardigan and really like it. It drapes nicely. I put away my fourth of july/summer decor and put out a few back-to-school things. It was good to change things up a little!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard everyone is watching Orange is the New Black, but Wayne refuses to watch it because of what we've heard about it. I'm trying to get through Parenthood now, so maybe I'll pick it up later. As for Bloodline, it is SO SLOOOOW! I'm so glad you ordered the cardigan, too! We can be Twinkies!!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of Bloodline, but will have to check it out when I finish up SOA! I get very excited for September 1st because that is when I feel I can get out the fall decor!! Have fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Bloodline on Netflix and didn't think anything of it, but I've actually read in a few bloggers' posts that it's good! I want to watch it eventually. That cake looks delicious...anything with cream cheese frosting is my jam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. anything at all with cream cheese frosting...bring it! I got that cardigan too...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your daughter is on the mend. Nasty infections like that can really bring one down. I'm with you about hauling fall decor out during the summer. That is why I laugh at Christms in July. Life goes by fast enough and I can't see rushing it any faster. I'm looking forward to seeing yours though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope baby girl is on the mend. I purchased quite a few things this year during the sale, lucky me my birthday fell during the sale. However, I am soooo over hearing about it. And, truth be told...I take what others say about clothing with a grain of salt as everyone's body is sooo different. And, I also don't want to walk into a room wearing the same thing everyone else is wearing and go "oh, the Nordy sale!" Gag!!! Hope Wayne had a very happy birthday!! We will miss stopping in Monroe :-( Move baby girl to Knoxville next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to miss seeing you, too! I so hope our paths get to cross again! Tell Katie we said Hello and good luck in TN!! I know you are so proud of her! I'm the same way about trying to look different in my style and clothes. I don't like looking the same, either. Happy Belated Birthday!!

      Delete
  7. I can't believe August is here! I was just making a note in my calendar to get out the fall decor in a couple weeks - enjoy your decorating - SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, perhaps I can think about some kind of decorating in the new house before too long. Sounds like in spite of Alise not feeling too well, you all had a fun weekend. My favorite series right now is Cedar Cove on the Hallmark channel. Great show! Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your daughter's feeling better! My son came down with a fever, then a sinus infection, and then hives during our vacation. We went to the walk in clinic two times, which I'm pretty sure is a vacation record for us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geez I hope you all feel better soon!! I cant wait to see how you style your waterfall cardigan! I did a last minute sale purchase too - pajamas! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a long week for you! I hope Alise feels better and happy birthday to Wayne!

    www.artadormed.com

    ReplyDelete