Monday, April 06, 2015

The Countdown Has Begun!

I'm declaring Easter 2015 the year of the denim jacket!  Nearly every picture I saw on social media yesterday, someone was wearing a denim jacket!  Even Big Mama in San Antonio was sporting one with her maxi dress!  And y'all KNOW how hot it is in Texas!





For every sunny, spring day we have here in the sister state of Louisiana, we have two dreary, rainy, gray days and yesterday was no exception.  Saturday was beautiful with sunny skies and warm temps and then the rain came and I froze to death all day yesterday!  I could. not. get. warm. yesterday to save my life!!  After we got home from early service {8:15thankyouverymuch}, I ditched the dress and jacket and put on fleece leggins, a fleece pullover and red and white polka dotted socks!  But we had a wonderful day with church, Easter baskets - that Alise swears I did and I just don't have the heart right now to tell her that yes, Alise.  There is no such thing as the Easter Bunny.  Or Santa Clause.  I think all that may change though, when she reaches the oh-so awesome and delightful age of double digits next month - a great lunch of steaks, baked potatoes, salad, and Lemonade Pie with my parents.  It was a great day to celebrate Ressurection Sunday!

After my parents left, Wayne and I watched a few episodes of House of Cards on the big screen in the movie room. We're nearly finished with Season 3 and let me just say that it's not my favorite season.  It seems to be rather slooooooowwwwwww.  And Claire's hair!  Good grief!  Just when I wanted to take a pair of scissors to it, she ups and colors it for some gosh-awful reason and I'm too stunned to know if I still need the scissors.  Anyhoo.  Then I started feeling bad, so we went back down stairs.  Just as I had put on my pajamas and was about to crawl in bed and finish a novel that also seems to be in slow-mode, I got a second wind and Wayne and I started packing for Hawaii.  And packing we did!  I didn't even cut the tags or wash the new items I bought!  I'm just throwing it all in a suitcase and dealing with it when I get on Hawaii island time!  And yes!  I'm over packing!  Our bags are 85.7439% completely packed!

Speaking of hair, I had an appointment Saturday for color and I'm blonde again. Not just because of the trip, but because it's nearly summer (in Louisiana) and I like being a blonde the best.  However, I'm a little disappointed that the color isn't blonder, but I think it's because of the darker shade I was before.  I would ask Anna to go a few shades lighter before the cruise, but she's having foot surgery this week so I wouldn't dare.  It's fine for now, I guess.  Anna wanted to go all over blonde and I was too scared to do that just because I've always highlighted/lowlighted.  I certainly didn't want to look like a beach blonde for the cruise.  That's just me.  No offense to you lovely ladies that like your hair color that way.

Alise is on Easter Break this week - not Spring Break - so we're taking a much needed carefree attitude to how we normally roll.  That's the reason I'm not posting a menu this week!  I'm not sure what we'll be eating, but rest assured, we won't starve.

My blog posts will be more sporatic as we countdown the final days to Hawaii.  I still have lots to do to get ready! You can catch up with me on Instagram and Twitter!

Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures and it sounds like Easter was great! Brian and I got married in Hawaii, I'd love to go back! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Ginny! I would love to hear all about your wedding! I know that was awesome! I have a co-worker that got married in Maui and she's been able to tell me some things to do and places to go. If you've got any suggestions, I would love to hear them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You looked lovely on Easter, and your daughter's outfit was cute too! I was cold all day and finally gave up and put on sweats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are so good!!

    ReplyDelete