Monday, August 30, 2021

The Wind and Waves Know His Name

Thank you so much for your encouragement from my last post. It meant so much to know that I wasn't alone in my feelings and thoughts. The good news is that today begins a new week with new opportunities.

Kathie Lee Gifford posted this on her IG grid this morning and it reminded me of how worshiping truly helps with worry and anxiety. It certainly changed my heart last week! While I was listening to worship music, I heard the lyrics, "Even the wind and waves know His name." Little did I know just how much those words would mean a few days later with Hurricane Ida.


I woke up this morning, feeling very blessed that a rotten tree had not fallen through the middle of our house. We've had an appointment to get it cut for several weeks, but lo and behold, it still stands. Ida shifted more toward the east, so we only got some rain and a little wind. However, the lower half of our state was not as fortunate. We tracked the hurricane on our phones throughout the day yesterday, and when I was woken up at 1AM, and checked the path again, I was reminded of those lyrics. Everyone who lives in the coastal states knows how unpredictable hurricanes can be and they don't always follow the path of science. I think that's because the wind and the waves know His name. They certainly know His voice (Matt 8:26). I had such a peace this weekend with the anticipation of what was to come. 


Please continue to pray for the southern part of our state. 



Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

No comments:

Post a Comment