Monday, September 16, 2019

Falling In Love With Fall

Okay, today's that "special" time of year where I begin to complain about how I'm totally over summer and the heat. Bring on Fall! I mean seriously, I think September has been hotter here in Louisiana than August! But I'll try to not complain too much and just share a little fall inspiration instead. In FACT, I'll be sharing fall inspo all WEEK so be sure to check back here on Wednesday for the Style Six Linkup AND to see who my favorite pic of the week was! 

I'm in need of a black and white buffalo check runner to go under my fall door mat. I passed on the option of getting one last year at Hobby Lobby and I regret it terribly. I kept telling myself I would get one later, and I never did. I'm not always the best at getting things when I see them. Amazon and Walmart have great options for runners, and what's also nice is that you can use them during the Christmas holidays, too. Buffalo check is definitely still IN for Fall!
Fall Front Door Decorations That Are Affordable & Cute | The Everygirl
A few weeks ago, I was in TJ Maxx and found the most beautiful embroidered pillows. I mean seriously, they were gorgeous. But, you guessed it! I went back the next week and they were g-o-n-e. Last year, I invested in some buffalo plaid pillow covers from Amazon and this year I want to add some more fall color to the mix. 
Single Pillow Pumpkin | Pier 1
Speaking of adding color, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to fall decor. Give me all the oranges, reds, and yellows. But I know some of you are loving all the white, blue, and gray pumpkins. They certainly are very popular these days, and depending on the look and style of your home, they make gorgeous arrangements.  
Friday Favorites - White Pumpkins
Just look at this setting! Doesn't it look cozy and peaceful? Would love to sit out there with a good book and a glass of wine. Maybe a new setting would kick start my love for reading again. I've been in a slump all summer. It's also the perfect setting for a evening with girlfriends, don't you think?
Garden With Fire Pit
I am planning on make THIS wonderful charcuterie board very soon for an upcoming football get together with friends! So cute! I recently found a nice, wooden board to display it on at TJ Maxx. This will also be a perfect appetizer for our annual trick-or-treating plans with friends.

I've been in love with dough bowls since this spring and had plans to devote an entire post to them, but life got in the way. I think they're so beautiful when they're jazzed up with greenery, flowers, and candles. I think this arrangement below would look so good on my dining room table. 
a bread bowl with wicker balls, acorns, greenery and white blooms as a centerpiece
I couldn't end this post about Fall without sharing mine and Alise's favorite soup recipe. Y'all know Mr. Horton doesn't like soup, but Alise and I love Cheeseburger Paradise Soup for its heartiness and overall deliciousness. It's got all the things I love in a soup, potatoes, bacon, cheese. I normally split this recipe in half and we still have leftovers for school and work the next day. My favorite place to enjoy it is in front of a warm fire with a college football game on TV. 
Cheeseburger Paradise Soup
Whether you're enjoying nice, cooler temps and getting to see the leaves turn (which I just learned recently is a chemical change thanks to ninth grade physical science!), or, like me - breaking a sweat from my trek from the parking lot to the office! - I hope your Fall is off to a wonderful start! 
Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

15 comments:

  1. This was sooo Fall Fab! I make that Cheeseburger in paradise soup all the time. We love it. I want to eat it by that fire!!! I love those pillows. And yep, still loving the Buffalo Plaid, I’m even gonna do one of my Christmas tiered trays with touches of it. Hope your week gets off to a beautiful start my beautiful friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend you gave me all the Fall feels today!! I love this post! I have toyed with the idea of getting the buffalo plaid outdoor mat - I go back and forth. Not sure it will work at my house but I love the way it looks!
    That charcuterie board is adorable and I want to make it! I hope our place in Austin has a spot like that outdoor area so we can sit and chat!!!
    Have a super Monday!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fall decor and that soup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely ready for all the fall things!! I need to get a few new decor pieces for the house to really liven it up!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just know your Falls are so gorgeous where you are, Pretty Lady! Get your decor on!!

      Delete
  5. OH I need to try that Cheeseburger soup! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love the soup!

      Delete
  6. I'm "fall"ing in love with all of these ideas. That pumpkin charcuterie board is the cutest. I keep saying I'm going to order a buffalo plaid doormat too, but I don't like the sisal ones on top...they carry in the house. YUCK. Gotta' figure that one out. HA! I don't know why I worry about it, no one ever comes to our front door anyway...except my UPS and Amazon friends.đŸ˜‰Great post.
    XOXO
    www.coasttocoast2.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought of putting a runner under a welcome mat - that's genius!!!!
    That pumpkin food tray - SO SMART!!!!!!
    I feel like we are really getting the short end of the stick with Fall this year. We're in the 90's all week long here too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, it was 100 here in Louisiana today! Short end of the stick with Fall indeed!

      Delete
  8. I'm with you on Fall's arrival, it is soooo HOT and I'm soooo over it! And, we are big soup folks so thanks for sharing this recipe. I see this in our near future. Hugs to you sweet gal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely pinning that soup recipe. I'm with you on the hot temps. Every year I seem to forget that it stays hot here through October! I saw that pillow in TJM and loved it! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving all these fall loves! Those pillows are gorgeous and I am always on the hunt for a new soup recipe.

    ReplyDelete