Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Things I Have Been Loving This Summer - Part 1

Like I said in my last post, we've a great summer! And it's gone by so quickly! Today I'm sharing round one of some of the things that I loved this summer. 


{We're having make-your-own pizza night with one of Alise's friends and I just burned the bacon because I was writing this post. 😠 Ugh!! The family isn't going to let me live this down! I'll hear about it all weekend. Now I need to wonder why the smoke alarm didn't go off?}


We discovered a new frozen pizza that we really, really like and I found it at a non-chain grocery store, but I think Walmart may have them, too. It's the California Pizza Kitchen brand and it's the Sicilian Recipe pizza. It kinda reminds me of a meat lovers, but the flavor is just fantastic.

I found out about Tom Brown's Body podcast by listening to the Big Boo podcast with Melanie Shankle and Sophie Hudson. I especially love crime/who dun it podcasts and this one was a FIVE star. I even told Wayne about it and he ended up finishing it before me. 


Speaking of media, we watched Cruel Summer as a family in July and we enjoyed it. It had been a long time since we've watched a series together. Alise normally likes the young adult shows, but they normally don't hold my attention and I give up. Needless to say, this one did and although I really didn't care for the ending - for reasons that I won't give away - it is definitely a series worth watching. 


Unfortunately we were very late getting our pool up and going this summer. Everything started out well and then we discovered water behind our liner so we knew we had a leak. Two weeks of waiting for the new liner to ship turned into nearly a month, and once we DID finally have it installed, then it decided to rain every weekend for about three weeks in a row! But I'm loving the new darker look of the pool.

Absolutely LOVED bringing out all the red, white, and blue this summer and flags just make me so happy! 


Lastly, I have been loving my Vitamin D. What, you say? Well, this spring I had my annual visit with my doctor and I told her how tired I was all the time and how I didn't have any energy. She did some blood work and prescribed me a weekly dose of 50,000 grams of Vitamin D. And I also take a daily Vitamin D and  - because I'm a doctor, too! - I decided to take a B-12 vitamin.  Y'all, I can't begin to tell you  how much better I feel! I go back in a few weeks to have my lab work done again and I can't wait to see just how low I really was and what the improvement numbers are. I haven't felt this good in a really, really long time.


Have a great week, Friends! Hoping to resume a more regular schedule after school starts next week!

Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

11 comments:

  1. I sure have missed your blog! I'm glad you're having a great summer. The pool looks fantastic, and maybe I need some Vitamin D too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! Trying to get my blogging mojo back! Miss you!

      Delete
  2. So happy for you that extra vitamins helped you feel better! I've been wondering what the perfect amount of vitamin D is; especially in winter when we don't get outside much. The pool looks great! We'll have to check out cruel summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally think you should talk to your doctor about Vitamin D and the amount you should take. I really do feel like a different person!

      Delete
  3. I was supposed to take prescription doses of Vit D but it just makes me so sick. I wish I could tak ethat - & B12 - but alas, I sit here in my pale, exhausted self instead - LOL
    Glad you enjoyed Cruel Summer - but yeah, that ending - I was like WHHHATTTTT. I heard there's a Season2 coming too - dont know how or if it will be a new story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that we started watching Cruel Summer because you recommended it! Oh, how I wish Vitamin D would work for you!

      Delete
  4. I added the frozen pizza to my grocery list. Frozen pizza Friday became a thing this summer and I think its going to stick around.

    I got diagnosed with low vitamin D at the end of high school and it makes such a difference! I hope your numbers are much better at your follow-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! Let me know how you like the pizza!

      Delete
  5. Love seeing you back in this space! I loved Cruel Summer, it was so good. I need to check out that podcast - you always recommend the best ones! Love ya friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally going to search for that pizza! We do pizza every Friday night and this one sounds too yummy to pass up! And I think I need to up my vit. D. I feel so tired so often. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally going in search of that pizza. We do pizza every Friday night and this one sounds too good to pass up. also, I think I need to up my vitamin D; I’m so tired so often. ☹️

    ReplyDelete