Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Style Six ~ 2019 Fashion Trends

Wow! I am totally overwhelmed with the response from our first link up party as the Style Six! Y'all are awesome! Thank you so much for linking up with us, your sweet comments and encouraging words last week! And guess what!?  We get to do it all again today, too! But first, I'm sharing a little fall trend inspo. 

I'm just going to go ahead and admit that not too many of New York Fashion Week's Fall shades are in my color wheel. All you warm toned friends have got the season made in my opinion. Us cool toned girls just need to stick with what we already know: mustard yellow and orange just ain't for us! I mean, how many shades of ORANGE does one fall palette need? I AM excited that the navies, dark greens, and maroons are making a comeback! What do you think about the colors of fall for 2019? Are you bold enough to try new colors or do you tend to stick to what you know you know?
I'm still loving the tie waisted paper bag pants! This style was a hit this Spring - and so much so that my friend Andrea and I decided to twin on this post! Now, I'm 5' 3" and short waisted, so sometimes this style doesn't work for me, but I still love the look. Give me a bow belt any day! I recently purchased some mustard colored tie waisted pants, but that's another post for later, so stay tuned.
Ulla Johnson at New York Fashion Week Fall 2019 - Details Runway Photos
I am on the search for a pair of snake skin booties. They were all the rage during the Nordstrom sale this summer so did you grab a pair? Honestly, the ones I saw from the N-sale looked too narrow and pointy for my fat foot, so I decided to try to find a pair locally. I'm really liking this pair from JC Penny's right now.
Anniversary Sale // Nordstrom // Nordstrom Sale // What to wear with Snakeskin Booties // How to style snakeskin // Fall 2019 Trends // Cute Booties for Fall // Comfortable and flattering booties // Notch booties with skinny ankle jeans #MyShopStyle #ShopStyle #LooksChallenge #nordstrom #anniversarysale #nsale #snakeskin #cutoutbooties #vincecamuto #anklebooties #Skinnyjeans #snakeskinbooties
Seriously, I don't think long cardis will ever go out of style. Our friend, Lisa, is the queen of cardis and long sweatshirts in our group! Peri-menopause has got me like clutch and so I like to wear cardigans for light jackets most of the time. And they are perfect for office settings, too, especially if yours is always freezing like mine is! 
75 fall outfits for inspiration you'll want to copy #fall #outfits
So if you know me, you know I simply could NOT end a fall fashion trends post without mentioning my favorite pattern: leopard. Fall, spring, the season doesn't matter to me because I wear this pattern year round and I'm constantly finding new ways to style the leopard pieces that I have.  I recently wore a sleeveless, yellow lace dress with a short leopard cardigan to work and it looked so good! I was so proud of myself because up until a few years ago, I would have just worn leopard with red or black. Not anymore!
Band Collar  Leopard Printed Outerwear
Have you transitioned your closet to fall? I actually started last week, but I have to do it in phases because the temps are still so warm here in Louisiana. I pulled out a few light blouses and dresses in Fall shades, as well as some light leggings. Phase two probably won't happen until the end of October. 

The girls and I have decided to share our favorite links each week and we're keeping it a secret from each other. It's going to be so much fun popping over to the other five stylers in our group to see who they picked as their favorites, too! My favorite link this week goes to Grace Liang of Color and Grace blog! Congrats, Grace, and thanks for sharing your back to school style for teachers! I am absolutely IN LOVE with your purple blazer and you had me as soon as I saw the leopard pants!  Be sure to stop by Grace's blog to see all her other options and teacher inspiration looks for fall!
And now it's your turn!

WELCOME TO OUR WEEKLY 
STYLE SIX FASHION LINK-UP

Our Party Rules Are Simple
~Please Only Link Posts related to Fashion, Beauty or Shopping
~Please Link No More than 3 Posts
~ Please visit other Linkers and Show them your love
~We’d LOVE it if you followed all our Blogs and Socials

Listed Clockwise from our GRAPHIC

Chrissy from Granola & Grace

Lisa from Coast to Coast

Andrea from Living in Cloud Nine

Shelly from The Queen In Between

Laura from The Horton Family

Kellyann from This Blonde’s Shopping Bag

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter
Laura
Laura

Hi there, I'm Laura, I'm the happiest wife, the loudest cheer mom, and the craziest girlfriend you'all ever have, I'm a Southern Belle living in a Southern world!

26 comments:

  1. YEEEESSS! You need every single one of these pieces and I think you’ll get a lot of good out of them! Swoon over the leopard and paper bag pants outfit! I knew that purple blazer would catch your purple lovin eye!! Have a wonderful Wednesday my sweet friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend you and I did it - picked the same post as our fave from last week!!! How fun! We clearly know what we like! Ha!!
    Love what you did here and you are so right - we need to wear colors we know work for us despite what the "IN" thing is!
    Have a great day friend - hugs!!!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so lucky to have a great friend with great taste!

      Delete
  3. Laura! I love how informative this post is...and you're right, how many shades of orange can you have? lol. I want to try the paperbag pants now and I always thing of you when I see leopard. Always. So fun that we both chose Grace for favorites! She did have some killer outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the paper bag pants would look SO good on you, Chrissy!

      Delete
  4. That's such a fun idea to feature one of the links from last week. Love this link party, even though I'm not the most fashion following person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I'm struggling! How did I let them talk me into this?

      Delete
  5. I am here for all the leopard and animal print!! YES! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Another leopard queen!

      Delete
  6. Aww, thank you SO much for featuring me this week! You just made my day! So sweet. :)

    https://colorandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am obsessed with cardigans. I have already ordered 2 this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm seriously considering a mustard colored cardi!

      Delete
  8. Give me ALLLL the cardi's - I will wear them from the first cool day to the last in spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm right there with you, Sista!

      Delete
  9. I freaking need that darling leopard jacket!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a similar Cabi leopard jacket and i love it! Maybe I'll get around to styling it!?

      Delete
  10. I am not an orange, yellow, or even red gal and much prefer greens, blues, and grays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those colors, too! At least they are making a comeback, right?

      Delete
  11. I'm happy to be the cardi queen of our bunch. 😘That leopard jacket at the end is perfect and you need one like that.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! You make cardigans look so good and comfy!

      Delete
  12. Yay! I think the fall pallet works for everyone. It just depends on your skin tone. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of these fall trends! That leopard blazer is so cute and I really need something snakeskin!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear you on the fat feet! I have wide feet too and it can be a bear trying to find cute on trend shoes that are comfortable too! The pair you found is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great booties...go get 'em, girl!! I would like to have a pair, too. Need to check out JCP. They always pleasantly surprise me with what they have and their great sales.

    Saw some darling long cardis that were a little like dusters at Banana Republic today. The sales gal said they were like Meghan Markle wears. Couldn't prove it by me, but they sure were cute.

    Leopard and snakeskin are truly everywhere. I am slowly catching on to the trend. Have some leopard pants on order and drooling over a dress at H&M and Kellyann's skirt. Oh, to be rich, or at least to win the lottery.

    ReplyDelete