Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday Favorites - It's Been A While

The second week of school is in the books (no pun intended) and this Mama is happy about that. I swear, the older Alise gets, the more she procrastinates and it drives me insane. Our morning routine is still struggling - thanks to make up and hair straighteners! - which have replaced breakfast. How we ever got out the door last year with all that came with cheerleading, I'll never understand, but I do believe we need to step up our morning routine game.

Having said all that, it's FRIDAY, Girls, and it's been a while since I've participated in Friday Favorites, so I'm playing along today and counting down the hours till five o'clock! Cheers to some favorites for this week!
SO excited to have this Girlie back from El Salvador! AND she came back bearing trophies for most rebounds and blocked shots in the league! #ProudMamaMoment Stephanie flew in on Tuesday afternoon and I picked her up from the airport with red velvet cake balls in my hand (per her request)! She said she is so excited to be back in a country that speaks English and understands what she's ordering at a restaurant. Ha! I am so glad to have my girls back together again! Mya, the cat? Not so much. 
Leigh Ann Tuohy hearted my comment on Twitter this week and made this mama's day! I just love her! I just know we could be the best of friends! Leigh Ann is the author of, The Blind Side. Maybe you've heard of it? 


I know the eclipse was what everyone was talking about on Monday. I really hadn't planned to watch it until some co-workers brought some "official" glasses into the office, so we all took turns sharing them. We didn't stay outside the entire time because it was too dang hot, but we went out twice at about a third of the way through the eclipse and then towards the end. I was just amazed the rest of the afternoon by God's creativeness. One of my co-workers snagged this pic and we all wondered if that's another planet in the picture.
Let's get the party started!!  I have been busy every night this week getting ready for a wedding shower this weekend at my house. I am SO excited about it, but I'm also feeling a little overwhelmed - which is SO unlike me. I think because so many decisions were made between me and the other hostess last minute and that's just not how I normally roll. So I called in reinforcements with my mom and she has been a HUGE help running errands and picking things up for me during the day since she is retired. Lucky her! I plan on doing a whole post about decor and food and all that jazz so stay tuned.
My blog friend Tanya recently shared about some cute blouses from Walmart. While I was in there this week, picking up things for the shower, I found the blouses AND some oh-so cute military vests that come in every color imaginable and less than $15! 

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the exact vest on Walmart's website, but this one is similar. I bought the olive and I love it! 

One last thing!  The Blended Blog Babes have just released their TBB Asks edition for September. Post and answer the questions on you blog and then be ready to link up your answers on Monday, September 4th! Join the blog hop and meet other bloggers by commenting about Back-to-School!
In case you missed my two posts earlier this week, you can still catch up! It was all about make up and maintenance this week and I absolutely loved reading all your comments and emails.  You Girlies truly make me laugh and put a smile on my face! I love y'all! 



Happy Friday, Loves! Enjoy your weekend! Make some late summer memories!

12 comments:

  1. I'm coming to help...oh how I wish!! Thank you for including TBB Q&A. It's so fun to get lots of our blogger favs involved. Happy Steph home and way to go hot basketball phenom!!!! Good Luck with all things partaaay, it's going to be GREAT, because my favorite lady, hostess with the mostess is in charge!!!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! I am exhausted! So that means, I really, really need your help! Com'on down and we'll share a bottle of wine and decorate!

      Delete
  2. STOOPPPP - I now gotta add a trip to Walmart. I am looking for that vest in brown for this year!!!
    How cool that she got the planet in that pic... space... how amazing is it.
    I know you are so happy your girl is home.
    I love when you have those touches with celebrities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was back at Walmart this morning after church and I didn't see the vest in brown, but I did see a pretty rust color! Perfect for fall!

      Delete
  3. That is so neat about Leigh Ann Tuohy liking your Twitter comment. I love The Blind Side and I follow her on Facebook...she seems so nice. The picture of the eclipse with that so-called planet is so weird and neat, I wonder if that really is a planet?!? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out! I'm so glad your girl is back home! Will she go back or is she stateside for good now? That is so cool about the twitter "like." You're famous now!! Have a great weekend - stay dry. Not sure if Harvey will reach y'all. We are hunkered down for lots of rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been thinking about y'all this weekend - in between shower stuff, of course! - and keeping up with y'all on IG! Stephanie is hoping to head out again in September or October. Too soon for this Mama!

      Delete
  5. Stephanie looks great and red velvet cake balls. Oh, my! I do love those! Alise looks so grown up this year. Time is marching on! Can't wait to see pictures of the shower. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your girlie is home safe and sound! I can't wait to see how the party turns out- it looked great so far on Instagram! Too funny about the Blind Side lady- When I worked at a Title I school, I apparently got a little too vocal on the soccer sidelines as a spectator, and my kids all said that I was "the white lady from The Blind Side!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha! Too funny, Allie! I get a little carried away when my girls are hooping!

      Delete
  7. That is so awesome! I can't even imagine a trip like that as a high school basketball player. I played and loved it. And was fairly good at it. We were pretty pumped just to go to state and compete. And I loved summer ball and the three on three tournaments. I don't know what I'd do with girls and getting out the door. I guess I could find out soon. Eek! With the boys, it's just get dressed and go. It's wonderful. I'll have to peruse the Walmart section next time I'm in there and these are great questions from TBB. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy your girl is back in this country. I know you are over the moon. That is AWESOME that Leigh Anne favorited your tweet. You go girl. Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete