I've got SPRING FEVER!! Yep! Starting today at 3:01PM, we will be on Spring Break until March 5th. I say, "we" because I am especially looking forward to taking a break from cooking and the endless loads of laundry from a soon-to-be teenager! Why shouldn't this Mama get a break, too?! I'm also stepping away from Blog Land next week, so see ya back here in March!
Here are a few thoughts for the week!
- Happy National Margarita Day!! Some friends and I will be celebrating the start of Spring Break at a new Mexican restaurant after work with margs and queso! Can't wait!
- Will Jennifer Anniston ever find happiness? Maybe her and Brad Pitt will get back together!
- My middle schooler informed me last week that she's going to run track this Spring. I was surprised. Her daddy was ecstatic! He wants her to be in basketball shape and I just don't want her to pass out on the track! Some days she skips lunch and that concerns me. Lately she's been talking about "going on a diet" and for a mom that suffered from an eating disorder in high school, that bothers me, too.
- Twenty-seven years later, this fat a$$ has become addicted to Sour Punch Straws. I discovered them at a Bama basketball game with Alise and now I can't stop eating them!
- Wayne ordered me a new pair of teeny (tennis?) shoes this week. He has been on me for months to buy a new pair because my old ones literally have holes in them, but since I've put myself on a buying freeze, I've held off. I have no idea what they look like except that they are purple and from New Balance.
- I totally dropped the ball this weekend and forgot about a wedding that we were invited to for one of our old babysitters. And then I remembered that I haven't even gotten a wedding gift yet, and I felt even worse. I've got to get it together!
- I've totally lost my mind and have agreed to let Alise wear a two-piece semi-formal dress to an upcoming school dance. It BARELY shows her stomach (if at all, maybe if she raised her arms up high), but Wayne may divorce me.
- I have not seen Fergie's rendition of the national anthem from the NBA game this weekend, nor do I want to. I saw a clip of the players laughing and smirking, so I knew it must be bad. I'm sure it ranks right up there with Roseanne Barr's rendition at a baseball game years ago.
- I have made not one, but TWO batches of M&M Chocolate Chip cookies this week. Just because.
- The highlight of my week is Baby Girl being inducted into the Junior National Honor Society at her school. I am SO stinkin' proud of her y'all! The third nine weeks ended today and she has 100 averages in every class except two and she still has high A's in those as well. All that studying on top of practicing every single day and starting for her school's basketball team! I am so blessed! Now to start making plans for the ACT! But that's another blog post!
- We're headed to LSWHO this weekend for our Bama girls' last regular season BB game and then our family days of traveling to see our friends and favorite players hoop will be over - other than TV, of course! Hoping to catch up with some friends in Baton Rouge for lunch before the game! Roll Tide!