Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Currently ~ September 2017

I'm linking up with Anne and her guest host Lowanda of Sunshine and Elephants for today's September edition of Currently. Today we're talking about what we're currently celebratingwatchingwelcomingpreparing, and photographing. My post is actually short and sweet today since I'm still trying to recover from the long Labor Day weekend. I think it's going to take me the rest of the week to get over three days! Ha!



celebrating// After much ado since being back in the country, we're FINALLY celebrating Stephanie's birthday this weekend. Her birthday was July 14th and I can't imagine being all alone on your birthday in a foreign country, so we're gonna try and make up for it this weekend. 

watching// The eclipse! Who knew that a bunch of accountants and CPAs could get that excited? My co-workers and I watched from the parking lot with those special goofy glasses, of course! I can remember the one from 1979 and someone telling me that it wouldn't happen again until I was forty years old. I remember thinking that forty sounded so old and I just couldn't imagine myself being that old. Whell! I feel blessed to have experienced some of God's awesome creativity twice in my lifetime.

welcoming// Our family in Alabama welcomed us with open arms this past weekend. They usually come to us on Labor Day weekend, but we decided to change it up this year and make the six and a half hour drive to visit them. As soon as we cross the Bama state line, Wayne starts talking differently! And of course we ate well and watched the Alabama football game Saturday night.  It sure is fun watching with family who cheer for the same team!

preparing// For a birthday party this weekend!! Steph likes home made birthday cakes, so I've got to pull her request off again this year! And also preparing my mama's heart for another overseas basketball gig. She received a contract this weekend while we were out of town and could possibly be gone for eight months. I am so anxious about her being so far away. More on that in another post.

photographing// Here are a few of my favorite pictures from this weekend. I hope Alise and Katie will always be as close as they are now. As for me and Mirya,we married into this crazy family over twenty years ago and the fun and laughter just keep on going and going. I am so blessed to have her in my life.

As for this Girlie, I couldn't go to Alabama and not see my best friend. I couldn't wait to tell Angie that we were coming! It's been three years since we've been "home," and that's entirely too long. We met for lunch at Bridge Street in Huntsville and talked our fool heads off nearly all afternoon. I miss her so much!
If it's ok with y'all, I think I'll take the rest of the week off from blogging. And thank you so much for your kind words, comments, and emails about my And Baby Makes Three post. Another chapter is coming next week. I promise! 

Oh!  And for you coffee and mug lovers out there, go to Stephanie's blog for all the deets. Would somebody just send me a Diet Coke? I don't have to have the mug! {smile!}

22 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun trip to Alabama! The accents get me every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, really, Allie! "Night" becomes "niiiiiiiight" and "Sprite" becomes "Spriiiiiite." (Insert eye roll!)

      Delete
  2. I loved watching the eclipse and we have already planned to roadtrip for the next one in 7 years! Looks like you had a great time in 'bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila! I really need to look at the path of the next eclipse and see if a roadtrip might be in our future, too. Sounds like SO much fun!

      Delete
  3. Yes to quality Bama time with friends and family!! You look GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eclipse was so cool. We are in Tennessee so we had 100% totality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I bet that was awesome!

      Delete
  5. 8 months??? I know your mommas heart is a little panicked on that one.
    What kind of homemade cake are you going to make?... & better question - who gets to lick the bowl :) the best part of homemade cakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! She's asked for a confetti cake. Not what I would have chosen, but it's her birthday! And yes! I am very sad and anxious about her leaving again and being so far away!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like such a fun visit! And yay for celebrating your daughter's birthday. I already thought birthdays were really fun, but then having a kid and getting to celebrate their birthday? The best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday (belated) Stephanie. Make that cake mama - you know I'll be watching LOL wait that sounds super creepy. Take the creepy away! LOL! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Stay posted on Snap!

      Delete
  8. We watched the eclipse as well. Amazing Mother Nature! Time with family is always fun. You had/have lots of birthday celebrations going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I've enjoyed every minute of it!

      Delete
  9. Birthday celebrations for everyone this month. I know you're glad she's home, but soon to be gone. She's following...no living her dreams and will always have you with her! Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must be so glad to have your girl home! My hubby and I had so much fun watching the eclipse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a nice time visiting family in Alabama - and were able to visit them this time around! :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. The eclipse was fun! So glad you get to celebrate your girl now! You have had a lot of fun things happening!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet home Alabama, Where the skies are so blue...I can't help but sing that when you talk about going home. NOOOO, Stephanie might be leaving again?!?! Well, have an awesome birthday celebration. Can't wait to see what kind of cake you make. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always so fun to visit family you don't often get to see. Sounds like you all had a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete