Thursday, August 03, 2017

Thursday Thoughts No. 5

So y'all are TOTALLY over due for a post about all the crazy thoughts going through this mama's head right now! And since I KNOW y'all are just waiting with bated breath, here we go!

First of all, I'm totally miffed. And Emily Post is rolling over in her grave right now! WHY DOES NO ONE SEND THANK YOU NOTES ANYMORE?? Seriously. Oh, my God, y'all! You don't know how much this gets under my skin. At least acknowledge my gift. Please. For the love of God. Send this mama a thank you note. 

I'm stressing just a little bit. I am hosting a wedding shower at the end of August with someone that I've never met. And right now, we're communicating via text and you just can't do that when you're planning the wedding shower of the year! At some point, I will pick up my phone and call the other, rather young hostess, and we'll become BFFs, but in the mean time...Y'all!  I can't even remember what food you SERVE at a freaking wedding shower! It's been so long for me. I even had to ask my mom, "Do they serve cake at a wedding shower?" For the first time in a pretty long darn time, I'm feeling clueless, which puts me in a state of craziness because I've never NOT known what to do and how to play the part of Hostess With The Mostess.  I"ve always been on top of my party game and right now, I'm feeling like a loser.

Speaking of weddings, a couple who are dear friends of ours are getting a divorce. After fourteen years, she's decided she doesn't want to be married anymore.  What the hell do you say to that? 

On Monday I had to go BACK to the doctor with a double ear infection. I also had no idea I was running fever. The result was two shots, antibiotics and more Zyrtec. If I don't kick this y'all, I gotta go to an ENT. I told the NP, "I'm 44 years old. I should not be having ear problems." Those two shots I got totally disrupted my sleep that night because the last time I looked at the clock, it was 3:15 AM and I had to get up at 6:00. Not a happy camper. 

I'm getting super excited about Stephanie coming home soon, though. She still does not have a definite date due to the championship game. Baby Girl has already sent me a rather lengthy list of food she wants when she gets back. Let's just say that I'll be busy in the kitchen for a while. Although she has had an amazing experience playing basketball in another country this summer, there have also been some disappointments and heartache for her personally. She's had to go through things that no kid should have to endure. Keeping her focused and motivated is hard sometimes, but she's gonna make it. 

My eye doctor has totally screwed up my eyes! I swear I could see better three months ago than I can now. A new doctor means a new brand of contacts and with two stigmatisms and being totally blind without them, well, you get the picture. But he's adjusted so much that I feel like i can't SEE! My near sitedness is for the birds and everything is so blurry. I go back to see him on Monday. 

Well, that's all I've got today, Peeps!  Sorry to sound so irritable, but I think the lack of sleep and meds have got me all in a hot mess!  I probably took the wrong medicine since I can't SEE!!

Have an AWESOME weekend! 

9 comments:

  1. Thought about you last night as I tossed and turned and couldn't sleep. No shots.....just the wrong coffee. Lawd! Bridal shower food: cake squares, butter mints, mixed nuts, and punch. AMEN on thank you notes or hell thank you text/email!!!! What's that tall beauty gonna do when she is stateside? Thinking of her! Our eyes are THE SAME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a bridal shower in forever! I'm thinking cakes are probably being replaced with mini cakes, cake balls, or super cute themed cookies. I know I went to one a few years back where they had the little cupcakes in a jar but who the hell has time for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope your ears and eyes get fixed soon! Are you hosting a brunch time shower? I made monte cristo sliders for a shower I hosted, and they were gobbled up in a second. I think hand held/bite size desserts are easier for guests to manage at a party. Petit fours are a thing in Texas. How exciting to have your baby home- hope everything goes well for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! I needed to read this. Sometimes you think the blogs you read, everyone and everything is so stinkin hunky dorey all the time!! It's nice to know that I am not the only one who could get on here and let the rivers flow. Although... I hate that your rivers are flowing. I will say a prayer your eyes and ears get fixed asap! Those are both two very important things that you need to work and work well. As for the shower, yes on cake! Have you been to Pinterest? I always forget about Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGHHH - dont tell me that - I'm getting my eyes checked in October & trying contacts for the first time & I'm scared they'll mess up my eyes.
    I'm amazed at how people dont send thank you cards anymore either. Sad really.
    Hit that Pinterest up for wedding shower ideas.
    Hope your ears are better. Have you tried any of that natural ear drops yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with Trista...I love reading about people who are keepin' it real. Grrrr...thank you notes are a must. How hard is it to write a short note or even an email is better than nothing! For the shower, I would say bite sized, hand held stuff is the best. Cake balls, mini cupcakes and decorated cookies seem to be really popular. Hope S has a great finish to her summer...I know she'll be glad to get home. I hate to hear about your eye and ear problems. The 40's ain't for the weak! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, now I know we are related cause I have these same peeves....what..give you a hundred dollar wedding girt and no thank you???? I send thank you's for giving mama a cookie, lol. I taught my boys to send them before they could write! My eyes neeeeed checked but I refused and my left ear..all jacked up so I get to make my ear Dr's day when I tell him he's a miracle worker, lol. I sure hope this weekend treats you right sista!!!!! Football is right around the corner!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let it all out girlfriend! That's what we all need to do from time to time. Love it! You know you just need to hit Pinterest and all your bridal shower problems will be answered. I think beautifully decorated sugar cookies are big right now (like Shelly already mentioned) and cupcakes are probably still pretty popular. I have no doubt you'll figure it out and throw the shindig of the year! Hope your ears and eyes get better quickly and you get a good nights sleep. That will make like much better. Lack of sleep is a stealer of joy! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, we all have to rant once in a while, so hopefully it made you feel better.

    Ugh on your ears and eyes. Goodness, so aggravating! Have you ever considered Lasix surgery? I had it about 18 years ago and it's one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I was pretty much blind without contacts or glasses and it gave me 20/20 vision.

    Hope things settle down for you very soon!

    ReplyDelete