Monday, August 07, 2017

TBB Asks...August Edition

Those Girlies over at The Blended Blog have done it again! They have decided to make the first Monday of every month a TBB Asks series. Yay! Each month is a new theme and for August, the prompts are all about summer! I'm so excited to be joining this awesome group of girls! So if you're a blogger, answer the prompts below and post your answers. Be sure to link back to TBB and leave some linky love by leaving a comment on another blogger's post. That's how we like to do it in Blog Land.



1.) Pool, lake or ocean?
My answer is pool because we love having friends over and entertaining at ours.

2. Camping, cottage, or hotel?
Hotel. Definitly hotel. The word, camping, is not in my vocabulary. 

3. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Chocolate chip ice cream in a cup.

4. PJs, night gown, T-shirt/shorts or birthday suit?
It varies. I wear PJs more in the winter time. I can't remember the last time I wore a gown. 

5. Fav summer beverage.
A frozen lemonade from Sonic.

6. Would you rather be hot or cold?
Cold. Period.

7. Sandals with heels or flats?
It depends on what I'm wearing. I wear both.

8. Shorts or skirts?
Love wearing dresses in the summer, so I would say skirts.

9. Sit in the sun or the shade?
Shade. I want to be cold, remember?

10. Water, tea, or soda?
Ugh....?! Really? It depends on if I'm still on the water wagon. As of today, I'd say, Diet Coke.

11. Favorite fruit or vegetable?
I'm a summer veggie girl! Give me Oak Grove tomatoes and sweet corn.

12. Sunrise or sunset?
I'm a morning person, but I would rather see a sunset. The most beautiful that I've ever seen was in Hawaii.

13. Bike ride or walk?
Walk.

14. Winery or brewery?
Winery. 

15. Garden or no garden?
Like a vegetable garden or a flower garden? I'm a fan of vegetable gardens. As long as I don't have to do anything to make those vegetables grow! Ha!

16. Big summer concert or music in the park?
Big summer concert. But not in Dallas. In August. Outside. Never again.

17. Fave cookout food.
Steaks and grilled asparagus.

18. Dine indoors or patio?
Patio.

19. Favorite summer destination?
Hawaii. Forever and always.

20. Big theme park or local carnival?
Big theme park.

21. Drinks blended or on the rocks?
Margarita. On the rocks. Forever and always.

22. Popsicle or freeze flavor of choice?
See answer to #21. I can drink 'em frozen, too.

23. Hot dog or hamburger?
Hamburger. Never been a hot dog kinda girl.

18 comments:

  1. LOVE this and funny thing Is I knew what most of your answers were going to be!!! Can you believe I have only been to a Sonic once but whaaaat, a frozen lemonade, I want one!! I'm most excited that we are having a pool, I'm a pool girl through and through and I adore YOU!!!! Happy Monday babe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You know me so well, Andrea! And you are definitely going to enjoy spending time in the pool and entertaining by it! Happy Monday, Beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Happy Monday Laura ! Loving this link up, and I like a nice pool too and I prefer a hotel over camping or a cottage. Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black thumb margarita drankin' Hawaii loving Horton Girl! Hey I saw that La was flooded - you guys are good though, right? Hope so! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm.....haven't seen any flooding around here? I wonder where you saw it? No, it's still hotter than the hinges of hell here! Unfortunately!

      Delete
  4. I completely forgot about cookie dough ice cream. Your mention of chocolate chip reminded me. And I'm pretty sure camping is not in my vocabulary either! Ha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookie Dough Ice Cream would be something that my husband likes and eats. If I'm really craving ice cream, I can eat it, too!

      Delete
  5. I wrote that I want to try a frozen lemonade from Sonic! Now I know I need to stop by and pick one up! LOL about the concerts- because Houston has such a big international airport, most bands wind up their tours in Houston in August/September, so we get super sweaty while we rock on! Hope you have a great week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! The concert that I was referring to above was a KISS concert in Dallas in August and it was an outside concert. It was a great one, but it was oh-so hot!

      Delete
  6. What is this Sonic place I keep hearing about??? Thanks for joining in the fun- love learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonic is a little fast food drive thru here in the South.

      Delete
  7. I'm all about the skirts & patio dining myself during summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for giving me the heads up on this link today. I so enjoy these type of link ups. It's always interesting to see what everyone answers. As they say, it's different strokes for different folks. Yes, no place quite like Hawaii, we've been twice and likely will not return. But, who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are in total agreement, and with strong opinions too, on #2, 4, and 6. :) Love all your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer my ice cream in a cup too! Between that and the Diet Coke, we need to get together and snack :)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be over for steaks and asparagus next time ;) You know those pictures of someone holding on to a rope being dragged behind wagon pulled by horses? Yeah, that's me with the whole water thing and the image that came to mind when you said water wagon. Hilarious! Happy Tuesday. Hope you get the contacts issue all figured out. Blurry vision is no good. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. We bloggers love our margaritas!! And wine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wear dresses all summer too because I hate being hot. And camping isn't in my vocabulary either!!!

    ReplyDelete