Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Is It October yet?

Don't throw your computer at me, but I'm over summer! 

I know, I know.

But it happens this time every year for me. The only difference is that Mother Nature is teasing me with these lower humidity and temps we've been having here in Louisiana over the weekend. So today I'm sharing some "fallish" thoughts I'm having these days. 
Pumpkins. Leaves. Cooler days. Give me, give me, give me! I mean, seriously. I'm over the heat. When you're sweating on a float in the middle of a pool at the end of July, while trying to finish the best novel you've read in a while, that means it's HAWT. I really want to carve a pumpkin. Right now. And I promise that I wouldn't even cuss all the leaves that fill up our yard every fall if I could just have some temps in the 50s or 60s.  
We seriously have a bird in our fireplace right now. Even though we have a "top" on our chimney, we always seem to manage a bird making that treacherous fall every summer. One year, it was a duck of all things. And, no! We don't dare open the fireplace because the last thing I need is a bird flying around my house. But I can't wait until that first fire of the season. It makes me smile just thinking about it! 
My fall go to outfit is a tunic or dress with leggings and boots. Period. I am so thankful that our new dress code policy at work still allows us to wear leggings, because I seriously don't know what I would do if it didn't. Four years ago, I bought these Sam Edelman boots in the copper and black and if I had to do the girl math, I'm sure the price point would calculate to something like $.000125. My favorite leggings are Hue.
I guess if I'm rushing Fall, I should probably take down the 4th of July decor around our front door, shouldn't I? Can't wait to breakout all my fall decor and let's not forget about Halloween! 
I mean, this just pretty much sums football season up, doesn't it? I start missing the season a minute after the national championship game is played. It may sound totally crazy, but I love when Wayne gets hyped up about his team. You can't be a Horton - whether in Louisiana OR Alabama! - and NOT love Alabama football! We live for Game Day Saturdays at our house!
And...just in time for football season, a huge pot of gumbo! This is probably the most requested dish at our at-home tailgate parties with friends. Nothing makes me happier than having our friends over in their favorite team's jersey or t-shirt and see them cheering! Even our LSWho friends! I think we've had every SEC team represented at some point throughout the years, with the exception of Texas A&M and Missouri. 

Now, if only October would hurry up and get here!

19 comments:

  1. Laura ! I'm feeling it too.... I am more than ready for fall ! Football, pumpkin spiced lattes, and crisp mornings :) Love love this post !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Love! Glad I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  2. I'm with ya sista! Bring me all things football and pumpkin! Our youngest broke his pinky toe yesterday, in a boot and scared of prognosis on his season. Eek, we find out tomorrow how long he'll be out. Finger crossed! I HEART YOU & FALL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for Baby Boy! His mama has just got to see him play!! Yes! Bring on football season!!

      Delete
  3. I hear ya girl. It is so dang HOT. Between all the flippin rain we had for the first few months (ruining any outdoor plans) and the heat and humidity now, I too am ready for fall. And those boots are such a great investment. I have all three colors!! Hubby hates them...they are so comfy I rarely take them off even while home and it drives him nuts. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! So it's hot in Hotlanta, too?!! Stay cool, Sista!!

      Delete
  4. I'm right there with you, sista! We had some of that cooler air blow our way yesterday, and it was wonderful. We were able to sit outside and watch tv without sweating. We are counting down the days til we can use that outdoor fireplace and watch some college football!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I keep saying it but you are going to love your outdoor area this fall! I really do believe we entertain more at our outdoor cooking area in the fall than summer!

      Delete
  5. No throwing the computer.. I'm high fiving you. I totally want fall to get here so badly now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to forgive you for trying to wish fall on us...LOL. It does most certainly have it's redeeming qualities, but I swear I think I could be happy if it was always summer. Happy Tuesday my fall loving friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Lisa! I guess that's why God made us all different. But I think our commonalities win out, don't you?!

      Delete
  7. I was just telling my husband I can't wait to make Chili!! Love fall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chiliiiiii! Totally forgot about chili! Thanks for the reminder, Erica! Do you have a favorite recipe?!

      Delete
  8. It's hot here too and I'm still enjoying it! But I am ready for football!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you, fall, bring it ON! But, these cooler temps and lower humidity is definitely better. I'm thinking about fall decor as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Make an extra bowl of gumbo for my boys- they'll be over in a few hours! I do miss soup season for sure. Is it sad that we went walking in 91 degree weather tonight and commented on it being nice because it was cooler? Agh! Can't wait to see what pumpkins you carve this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well we had a hell of a teaser of fall here last weekend with no humidity, and low 80s. It was nice but no I'm not ready and you can just cuss me all you want, Mrs. Horton. I'll be OK with fall after September 4th. (Yes, I day dream of football season, cute fall clothes, and all the good stuff we get into between September and the start of December....so hush up.) XOXOXO Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen! I'm ready to watch BAMA dominate this season! That gumbo looks amazing...would you be willing to share your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm getting ready for Fall too - yeah so I ordered some halloween decorations online this week.. ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's ready!

    ReplyDelete