Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Currently ~ August 2017

Hello to my Horton Family readers and the first Wednesday in August! This year is quickly passing by, my friends! For the August edition of Currently, we're sharing what we're currently snacking (on)anticipatingborrowingadmiring, and purchasing with Anne and her and co-host Shea of Shea Lennon. It's one of my favorite link ups of the month, so if you're a blogger, too, join us and link up! 
snacking (on)// There's no doubt about it. I've been on a cooking spree recently. Everything from homemade cinnamon rolls to Angel Pork Chops. But as far as snacks go, Cousin Mirya showed Alise how to make s'mores in the microwave while she was in Alabama visiting for the week and so, that's pretty much her staple go-to snack these last few days of summer. 

anticipating// I can. not. WAIT for Stephanie to get home! She's been gone the entire summer playing basketball in another country and I'm ready to see her get off that airplane and bake her a cake to celebrate her birthday! 

borrowing// My collection of rose bowls have been depleted through the years due to breakage by either the maid or my precious daughter. Later this month, I'm planning on borrowing some of my mother's rose bowls for a wedding shower that I'm hosting. My rose bowl collection began at my own bridal luncheon nearly twenty-three years ago at a local tea room and Wayne has kept my collection (somewhat) alive over the years by gifting me with them on special occasions. Stay tuned for how I plan to use them later this month. 

admiring// I'm crushing on crushed velvet this fall! A local boutique has begun getting in their fall shipments and I think I've bought just about every blouse they've had in the velvet style. Love, love, love  it! 
purchasing// This past weekend, I decided to try a new foundation and a new mascara so I bought both. I plan on doing a product review soon, so stay tuned! 

Happy Wednesday, Loves! Friday is almost here!!

17 comments:

  1. I love product reviews and can't wait to hear what you bought !!! Yay for your daughter coming home from overseas ! Is she on a professional team ??? Those crushed velvet tops are gorgeous :) Happy Wednesday Laura !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stephanie plays professionally.

      Delete
  2. Yay for Stephanie coming home!!! That's awesome. My kids love some microwave smores too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh pretty crushed velvet! Steph is going to be so happy to be home and I just know you'll have everything perfect for her and spoil her rotten! I need a new mascara, can't wait to hear about your new one! Happy Wednesday beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you are counting down the minutes till your girl is home :) How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh smores in the microwave! I haven't met a s'more I didn't like, so I may have to do this myself soon--who needs a campfire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Shea! I mean, who decided that National S'mores Day should be in August??

      Delete
  6. Those velvet tops are so cute. I don't know how it would look on me, but it just seems so fun and comfortable.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could pull off the crushed velvet, Lauren!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I know you are excited about your daughter coming home? When is her birthday? Is she a Leo like me? And, your cooking spree has my mouth watering just reading about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie's birthday is July 14th. I'm not a horoscope guru, so I'm not sure if that means she's a Leo or not! Ha! Sorry!

      Delete
  8. I totally had a sky blue crushed velvet top back in the day! I can't wait to see the menu you plan for the wedding shower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw!!! Thanks, Allie! I'm so nervous!

      Delete
  9. I saw your cinnamon rolls on snap and almost licked the screen of my phone...LOL YAY for Stephanie coming home soon!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be waiting for your mascara review!! I am on the hunt for a new brand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I probably don't need to know about s'mores in the microwave :) And I'm always looking for the best foundation and mascara, so very curious about what you got!

    ReplyDelete