Monday, July 17, 2017

What's In My Shopping Cart?

Maybe I should clarify that this is in reference to my GROCERY shopping cart and not my Nordstrom's. Saving that shopping cart for another post! And I probably should say that all my dieting, paleo eating, gluten-free, and all the other good people out there that manage to stay on the "losing weight" wagon should probably just stop reading now.

But for the rest of us...here are a few things I bought this week!
{one.}
My family loves rotel dip. In case you've been missing out, it's just a block of Velveeta cheese and a can of rotel tomatoes. Melt the cheese and pour in the tomatoes. It's a southern delicacy and a go-to snack for Wayne and Alise. They eat a fair share of it especially during football season. I, on the other hand, can take it or leave it. There are so many better dips in Dip World to me. So I decided to try these fun, individual queso dips to cure their rotel craving.  I'm not sure if was cheaper to buy these or a can of rotel and a block of cheese! I don't think I want to know (Just a side note: every time I typed, hotel, my computer changed it to "hotel." See?  I purposely didn't correct it. Too funny!)!

{two.}
If the queso was for them (Oh, who am I kidding?  Of course I'm going to try it! It DOES say, "queso" on the package!!), then these are for me!
Club crackers are my favorite and I know this is a knock-off to the Ritz Bits, but I don't care. Do you prefer cheese or peanut butter between your crackers? Alise prefers cheese; Wayne likes peanut butter (insert eye roll). I can eat either one.

{three.}
I've mentioned these yummy bread sticks before. They are the best! And so cheap, too!  Just two dollah! 

{four.}
All you dieters listen up! This entree is by far one of the best meals in the freezer section. AND it's gluten-free!  I buy two or three of these a week and Alise and I eat them for lunch. It almost makes up for the fact that Smart Ones got rid of their Fiesta Chicken entree back in the early 2000's. Can  you tell I'm still bitter? Ha!

{five.}
Ok, I admit. I was hanging out in the gluten-free freezer section when I found this last purchase and decided to give it a try. But first, a few comments about the gluten-free food in the freezer section. It looks GOOOOOD, y'all!  But dang! It's expensive! I may or may not be looking into a few new gluten-free recipes.
This is a new brand for me. At least the front of the box looks yummy, right? And I'm a sucker for chocolate. AND...my favorite part of a muffin is the top, so how can I go wrong?  I'll have to let y'all know soon how they taste! I have to say though, that when I looked at the calorie count (because that's normally what I watch and look at on labels), I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the number 127! So exact! Ha!

Update: Please, for the LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT buy those muffin tops! I'd rather keep the one I have than EVAH put that crap in my mouth again! YUCK!

So those are a few yummy things in my grocery cart this week. If you're still with me, thanks so much for stopping by today and taking the time to read what this crazy Mama has to say. Or buy at the grocery store. 

11 comments:

  1. I a so glad I am not the only one who despises cardboard tops..I mean muffin tops...yuck!! We have been buying those PB bites and I divide them up in snack baggies for the boy's work lunches. Great post idea, Have a Marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael and I are starting a diet today, so this post was way too tempting for me! I think Lean Cuisine has quite a few delicious meals that I get for lunches. Also, my kids really like "Vita Tops" from the frozen health food section. They have a lot or protein, but are not gluten free. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we're rotel fans as well and queso too. If it's cheesy, we love it but I don't keep it around. It's way to tempting! We save that for eating at our favorite Mexican restaurant. It's always fun to see what other folks buy at the grocery store. Happy week dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA!!! Yup, the Mikey brand anything is AWFUL. GF is expensive, and don't let it fool you. It is NOT always healthier. We've learned through a lot of trial and error!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know about those muffin tops! YIKES
    I love anything Ritz crackers. They truly are made my magical elves ;)
    I can take either PB or cheese. It's all about the cracker to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We LOVE the Lean Cuisine Marketplace meals! The Vermont Macaroni and Cheese is delish, and Trip eats every one of their Asian dishes. Hope you had a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Lean Cuisine Marketplace meals are SO good! Will def have to check out the PB bites - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to know the muffin things are dense paper LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to have to find those Club crackers for my kids, they would LOVE them for snack! Great finds. I love Great Value frozen garlic bread as a quick side for dishes, but I will have to look for those bread sticks as well, I know my family would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stumbled onto your blog from the Tuesday talk and really enjoyed your shopping cart... I am also STARVING so everything looks ridiculously good, even those muffin tops that you say are god awful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those Club crackers. I buy both peanut butter and cheese, and they never last long in my house! Stopping by from Tuesday Talk. XOXO

    ReplyDelete