Tuesday, July 25, 2017

What We're Eating This Summer

Our summer menu has been a little different this year and Pinterest is all to blame. Would you believe that we've not had the first BLT this summer? That I haven't made a single stop at our local farmer's market for fresh produce? That we haven't even had a summer meal of home grown veggies, complete with cornbread? What is wrong with me?

While we may not have stuck by some of our summer favorites so far this season, we have enjoyed some outdoor grilling and  homemade ice cream raves.  I've also been blowing up Pinterest for new recipe ideas for meals during the week, and so today I thought I would share a few of our favorites that we've enjoyed recently (To save time, I'll just link to the recipes).

Crockpot Recipes

Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas// Okay, this may not be a "new" recipe for us, but we're loving it this summer and it's such a fun twist to Taco Tuesdays. It's easy and everyone loves it! You just can't go wrong with chicken fajitas!

Angel Porkchops// I've been wanting to try this recipe for a while, and, well? I finally got the chance! I bought the thicker, boneless pork chops instead of the breakfast chops and this recipe did not disappoint. This recipe is such a comfort food entree! I have never been disappointed by the Plain Chicken website!

Sheet Pan Recipies

Sheet Pan Flank Steak// This was such a hit for our Father's Day menu! We all loved it! The only complaint I have is to not season the broccoli. It was just a little too much for us, but other than that, we absolutely loved it!  I still have half a flank steak in the freezer to try this one again!

Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil// If ever there was a summer go to recipe, this is it! I can't begin to tell you how many times we've made this for friends this season - all we do is double the recipe. It is so easy and even though it's a baked on a cookie sheet, we serve it by the pool and it makes the perfect evening meal! 

Teriyaki Grilled Chicken & Veggie Bowls// This dish was a wonderful surprise for us. I never thought that it would be so tasty and flavorful. I was happy to add this recipe to our growing list of Asian/Chinese meals.

Desserts

Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits// I discovered this recipe a few years ago and Alise had been begging for me to make them this summer. So? What's a mom to do? I got her in the kitchen and let HER do the honors!  She loved making these simple and easy parfaits for a nice after dinner treat.

Lots of brownies// I have a favorite homemade recipe for brownies, but in my honest opinion, you can't beat the Duncan Hines Fudge Brownies in a box! I always have a box on hand. Be sure to make the "fudge like" brownies using TWO eggs instead of the "cake like" brownies using three eggs. Who would have ever thought that eggs could make that big of a difference?!

Breakfast

Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Sliders// These are the breakfast bomb dot com. One word: AH-MAZing!! 

So honestly. Other than tacos on Tuesday (#tacotuesday), and maybe some spaghetti thrown in the weekly menu somewhere, this is what we've been eating this summer! I plan to try and get to our local farmer's market soon, though. A hot skillet of corn bread is calling this Southern Girl's name!

Linking up with The Blended BlogTuesday Talk and Royally Waiting.

9 comments:

  1. Totally going to try those breakfast sliders! And that sheet pan flank steak is so good! I'm amazed at what can be made with flank steak- so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe, Allie, that I never bought flank steak until that recipe? Shame. on. me. Stephanie has already put her order in for the breakfast sliders when she comes home in a few weeks.

      Delete
    2. I just started cooking with it last summer, and it is so good. If you have an Instant Pot, the flank steak Mongolian Beef recipe is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Is it bad I went straight to the desserts ;) haha
    My husband is all about brownies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! A girl after my own heart! I love desserts, too! What can I say?

      Delete
  3. Duncan Hines Fudgy all the way! I'm getting my sheet pan out.....YUMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um yum. I just gained ten pounds reading all this deliciousness. Dammit! Just more motiviation to get back in the gym even though I want to stay outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great ideas - thanks for sharing them :) xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really have to start utilizing my slow cooker more. Love this roundup and thanks for linking up on TBB

    ReplyDelete