Friday, July 21, 2017

Friday Favorites: Keep Smiling

Let's SMILE, Sistas, because it's Fridaaaayyy! I've been waiting for this day all summer!!  As of 2:30 this afternoon, the Horton's are officially on vacation time!! So forgive me if this post is short and sweet! I'm sharing a few things that made me smile this week.

Keep Calm And Put A Smile On - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Great-Jokes-Funny-Pics/182221201794268

one.// Southern Living magazine recently published an article titled, 9 Things Every Southern Girl Has in Her Closet and I loved it! I mean, the author nailed it! Let's just say that I'm definitely a southern girl! How many of these items are in your closet?

two.// I follow one of my favorite authors, Beatriz Williams on IG and she posted a picture a few weeks ago from a book signing that nearly brought tears to my eyes made me smile. You may know the author of A Hundred Summers (my personal favorite), Along the Infinite Sea, and her latest novel, Cocoa Beach, which I'm currently reading. How sweet for her fifth grade teacher to show up at her book signing! 



three.// My blog friend, Tracy (who doesn't blog anymore, but we go waaaay back!), posted this last week on her IG and it made me cry smile.  I love this idea and had never heard of SSIRocks. I plan on asking Tracy more about it soon! That is, after she gets back from her THIRD beach trip this summer! Ahem! Make the picture below bigger and read all about it.


four.// Can't wait to pick this Girlie up on Sunday! She's been with family all week in Alabama and having a blast! I have missed her so much this week! 
So I'm going to end this Friday Favorites post with a HUGE smile on my face because life is good! I am so blessed with a wonderful family and things just can't get any better! 

8 comments:

  1. That would be pretty cool for one of your teachers to show up at something like that! Hope you and the family have an amazing vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that her teacher showed up to her book signing! I love the painted rocks. That is a HUGE thing around our town right now and when we were in Oregon last week my kids were finding them all over as well. It was pretty exciting. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the IG pic & the painted rocks.
    Painted rocks are actually becoming a big thing lately... I even got a kit for my grandsons to do painted rocks... but love how she took this to honor her friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Enjoy your summer break! Can't wait to read that Southern Living article- have you been to The Royal Standard in Baton Rouge? My mom and I just went today to the one by my house and got super cute letters for our front doors for just $5 and the way the store styled them is so cute! You should totally check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I can tell you're just in the best mood and ready for you vacation! Have the best time and enjoy every well earned minute. The rock thing is such a cool idea! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Weekend Laura :) Love looking at your posts ! The last sentence on your blog says it all :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea for vaca! That's really cool about the rocks...love those random acts/pay it forward kind of things. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy every sweet second precious friend!!!

    ReplyDelete