Monday, July 24, 2017

10 Things I Can't Live Without

The title of this post just says it all. My life would be nothing without these ten things. Ok. Maybe I exaggerate, but still. It would be pretty darn close to nothing. Ok. The top two are my world and the rest is just fluff. Except the sleep part. Enjoy!




1. God
My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11. God gave me that verse while I was studying for the CPA exam those first few years that Wayne and I were married. I was a newlywed, but I felt so discouraged and unhappy with my career at the time. So I would say, in my twenties, God was a God with a plan. In my thirties, I had a baby and for the first time, I felt like I had no control over my life, so He showed me how to let go and let Him have control of my life. Now, in my 40's, I have to say I'm still trying to figure it out, but I seriously can't imagine my life without my Lord and Savior. 


2. Family
My loves. I am so blessed, y'all. Truly, I am. My husband loves me unconditionally and he works so hard to provide for our family. He would give someone the shirt off his back if they needed it. I love and trust him with everything that's in me and I am so thankful for a wonderful marriage for twenty-two years. My mini-me is just that! My mini-me. She's a great kid but somehow was blessed with a sassy mouth.  I have no idea where that came from! Alise is beautiful, smart, upbeat, and I can't wait to see all the things God has planned for her. Stephanie will forever be my second chance and she is a constant reminder of God's grace and forgiveness. Our relationship is a struggle sometimes, but I wouldn't change a thing and I am so thankful that God blessed our family with her.


3. Sleep
The older I get, the grouchier I am with no sleep. My kids know this. Lack of sleep is probably my number uno dislike with peri-menopause and because of that, I thank God for ambien (although I don't take it every night). I take a nap every Sunday afternoon and that's a fact. This Mama needs her sleep!


4. Diet Coke
My favorite drink of choice. As hard as I try to stay on the water wagon, I always come back to it. Some people would say that it's the caffeine that keeps me coming back, but I don't think so.  I drink caffeine-free Diet Coke at home. Let's just say that I keep Sonic in business with their large Diet Cokes with extra ice! 

5. Friends
Where would we be without our friends, right?! They lift us up and make us better people. I've been very fortunate in my life to have always had an inner circle of girlfriends that I love and cherish. Friends that have been there for me when I needed them most. I believe that God places people in our lives for a reason and/or a season and we need to hold those friendships close and treasure them in our hearts. 

6. Glasses/Contacts
I'm blind y'all. Seriously. So I cannot live without my glasses or contacts. I'm kinda getting a little aggravated because I changed eye doctors three months ago, and we're still playing around with my contacts! I have yet to have a "real" pair - running on temporaries. Also, I was told for the first time in my life that I have cataracts and floaters. They are not an issue right now, though, thank goodness!


7. Books
I'm a bookworm. What can I say (and it kills my soul that neither of my daughters' share in my joy of reading)!? Whether it's a hard back from the library or an e-book on my Kindle, there is always a book near me.  


8. Lipstick 
My go to pick me up. I'm a "cool" girl, so my go to colors are in the pink and red palettes. I have a few shades that I would consider neutrals, but sometimes those shades make me look washed out, so I'm very picky about those. I think I'll be wearing red lipstick when I'm in my 80's!


9. Cellphone
What would we do without our cellphones? I'll just go ahead and admit that I'm addicted. Not as much as my kids, of course, but addicted none the less. I use it for everything - camera, calendar, reminders, alarm, and the list goes on. And yes,! I have been known to turn around and go back to the house if I've forgotten it!


10. Tacos
Seriously! What does a girl have to do to get a taco around here? Why, just declare every Tuesday as "Taco Tuesday" and that helps a lot! My earliest memory of eating tacos is with my dad while my mom was in the hospital having my little brother.  Gosh, I can't believe I can even remember that far back! Anyway, there use to be a mom and pop taco dive across from the college here in town and that's where daddy took me after one of HIS visits to the hospital (remember, kids weren't allowed in patient rooms back in those days!). He had picked me up from my aunt's and we had tacos for lunch. I guess maybe that's when I became a Taco Girl! 

So that's my top ten. Maybe not all in the exact order, but still. I mean, I believe I'm happiest when I've just finished a great book, wearing lipstick and contacts, thanking God for tacos and a Diet Coke with my family, fully rested and snapping on my phone! Ha! What more could a girl ask for?

14 comments:

  1. I love this post ! My list would be similar almost exact with the exception of Diet Coke ! I don't drink soda I'd replace #4 with COFFEE ! I can't live without my coffee. Happy Monday Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still caffeinated friends!

      Delete
  2. Pretty much all of these, but my drink of choice these days is Ski, although any and all colas will do. Water is soooo hard to drink all the dang time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I managed to fall off the water wagon AGAIN!!

      Delete
  3. Gosh I love you even more after this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW!! Love you, too, Girlie! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love this!! My list would be incredibly similar! Although I'd ditch the diet and stick with regular Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's "Taco bout it!" I LOVE this post! Red and pinks for me too and oh does this mama ever need her sleep. Tylenol PM has been my friend lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Tylenol PM is the bomb dot com!

      Delete
  6. Amen to tacos! You are such a good mama, and it is very clear that your girls love you to the moon and back! I need lipstick advice- I'm trying to become a lip girl, but I'm SO white! Do you wear lipliner too? I feel like the lines of my lips are very feathered. Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally use lip liner. I suggest putting on a light coat of lip balm/chapstick on before you put your lipstick on. My favorite is the EOS brand. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  7. I agree with everything! Gotta have our Diet Coke, and I'm so blind I can't see ANYTHING until I put on my glasses. I have nightmares about a natural disaster happening, and my glasses breaking or getting lost. I'm working on the lipstick thing - trying to find the right color for me!

    ReplyDelete