Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Royally Waiting

I'm linking up today with Shelly and her friends for Royally Waiting and sharing just a few things that are going on in our world this week. 





{thinking about.}

It hit me earlier this week how thankful I am for my health. When I fell two years ago and broke my foot, I remember thinking how I never wanted to be a burden to anyone and how debilitating it was. I promised myself then that I would never take my health for granted again. I finally bit the bullet and had my lab work done last week and I got a call on Monday that everything was fine. I still haven't bought the calcium and vit-D vitamins yet, but I plan to. 

{hearting.}

This past weekend, Alise had her last middle school dance for the year and she was so excited about it. It was "Decades" themed, so she and some of her friends dressed up as 80s girls and y'all KNOW how proud that made this Mama! She had a blast and we stayed up late Saturday night so she could tell me all about it! I snapped this pic before she and her dad left. It makes me smile every time I see it.

{reading.}

Although this book has gotten great reviews, I'm having a hard time getting into it. Maybe it's because I really haven't had the time to read lately. I'm going to try and stick with it because it is written by one of my favorite authors. 

Product Details


{celebrating.} 

Graduation for the the Big Girl is this weekend! I can't tell you how excited and happy we are. We're planning a special weekend for the graduate to keep her spirits up since her dad will not be able to attend. It's been a hard semester educationally, emotionally, athletically, but we she did it! I also get to spend my Mother's Day moving Stephanie out of her apartment. I mean, really? What school makes kids move out on Mother's Day? 

{drinking.}

I hope everyone enjoyed their margaritas for Cinco de Mayo, or, as one of my sweet friends said, "Drinko de Mayo!" Ha! I had a fun night celebrating with friends at a local restaurant complete with authentic Mexican dancing (you may have seen my snaps!) AND I got a free t-shirt to prove it! 

{watching.}

Did anyone else watch Princess Diana: The Last 100 Days on Sunday night? I ran everyone out of the bedroom so I could watch this show by myself. I was a little disappointed to learn that Diana and Dodi had not been seeing each other for very long {I thought they had been seeing each other for at least a year!} and that she may not have been as interested in him as everyone thought. But then again, why did they go ring shopping in Monte Carlo? Apparently, she was in love with a London doctor and Dodi was just a summer fling. I guess all she ever truly wanted was the happy family that she never had while growing up and simply to be loved. Definitely a Princess gone too soon.

10 comments:

  1. I'm seriously thankful for my health...the older I get the more I'm conscious about it and I totally agree I want to do all in my power not to be a burden. The only good thing about moving out this weekend is it is at least not too terribly hot yet! And how did I miss this Princess Diana show....I was so obsessed with her and her story. Thanks for linking with us friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh where to begin...love your 80's girl. She nailed it! Can't wait for y'all to go through Stephanie's graduation. It's such a fun day full of ALL THE EMOTIONS. I totally hear you on the taking your health for granted. I haven't been through anything major to make me think that way, but my had a MAJOR fall all the way down a flight of stairs that completely shattered her shoulder 12 years ago and has caused a myriad of health issues. I worry that I'll experience that someday. Last month when I was in Nashville, my friend and I watched a Princess Diana thing that might have been the same one. I was disappointed too to find out Dodi was apparently not her true love but that the doctor was. I had never heard anything about that. Okay, time for me to get to doing my own blog...LOL Happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised about the doctor love interest for Princess Di, too, Lisa! He was not very handsome to me and not at all "gorgeous" as she was quoted as saying.

      Delete
  3. Your 80s girl is adorable! Sorry you have to move your kiddo out for your Mother's Day! I'm the tent mom for 20 7-8 year old boys at an all day swim meet - blah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Alise swam for our school one year, and I have to admit that swim meets are the most boringest (I know that's not a word, but still!) thing ever!! That was one of the reasons Alise chose to never swim again because she was so bored waiting on her next heats. I hope you have a great time as tent mom though!

      Delete
  4. I was so taken back about the relationship thing with Diana too - I dont even think I remember hearing a word about the doctor she apparently was in love with & trying to make jealous with Dodi... & how involved Dodi's dad was in getting her in his family. I was so intrigued by that show though. It just made me sick to my stomach when they counted down. I was telling my husband, we have no idea when our time is up - you see her on a boat & the number - 7 days till she dies. That is just so haunting to think about.

    I need to bite the bullet & get my blood work check up too.

    Your daughter is ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca Jo! I think we had the exact same thoughts and feelings about the Princess Di Special. I couldn't help but think, what if I only have thirteen days left or seven? And I'm also trying to determine if the show put her in a bad light, but I really think she just wanted to be happy and isn't that what everyone else wants deep down, too?

      Delete
  5. Boo to moving out on Mother's Day! We'll probably be moving too so I totally understand! :) Try the Vitamin D gummies. They are definitely easier to take than those big cow pills! Happy Wednesday and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a good pill/medicine taker, Holly, but I'm gonna try!

      Delete
  6. I totally missed the Princess Di show...what channel was it on? Alise looks so cute and totally 80s. I think I might have had that exact outfit (except for the converse) and wore my hair in the exact side pony tail! I know what you mean about health issues. It's definitely time to get control of all those little things we can do to help our health. Good luck with the moving and graduation too. And I need to find those gummies...I can't swallow big pills at all!

    ReplyDelete