Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Currently ~ May 2017

Yay for the first Wednesday in May and one of my favorite blog link ups! You know what I'm talking about! It's "Currently Day" with Anne and her co-host Nancy of NY Foodie Family! Today we're sharing what we're currently baking, listening (to), loving, planting, and remembering. Join us and click on the links to find out what other bloggers are currently up to! 



Baking// Last weekend, we had a crawfish boil with some of our friends and I decided to make ice cream cookie sandwiches for the kids. Now, granted the cookies were the slice and bake kind - to save time! - but they still had to be baked! The kids loved them! I haven't done much baking since Easter.



Listening (to)// I'm not a podcast kind of girl and I don't care to listen to books in the car, so I'll just stick to my XM radio. Would love to hear if anyone has some great Pandora stations, though. 

Loving// I'm loving that the pool is officially ready and we've kicked off summer with entertaining and spending time in and by the pool! This Girlie and her friends had a blast this past Friday night and she was out in it again first thing Saturday morning!  We ended our weekend Sunday evening, dining al fresco and watching Alise and her friend having a cannon ball contest! #bringonsummer



Planting// I don't possess a green thumb at all. So last week, while Wayne was off, he was the one that actually went to the nursery and bought flowers to add some color to our pool and outside kitchen area. I won't possess to even know what these are called, either. But they're pretty! He bought several other varieties and strawed the flower beds around the pool area. It looks really nice!



Remembering// Oh my goodness!  This picture makes me want to cry! She's just like me!  She loves her cake and bling! And those eyes! I remember I made the mistake of scheduling her party during afternoon nap time. It certainly wasn't my last #mamafailmoment! She was sleepy, but couldn't stop shoveling it in! I can't wait to celebrate and shovel cake with you in a few weeks, Alise! 


12 comments:

  1. Look how precious Alise looks digging into that cake! Hard to believe isn't it mama, what a beautiful girl she has become today! OK, so the pool is open? I'll be down. Love you to pieces and so happy to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on down, Sista!! Yes!! The pool is open and I'll have the drinks and apps ready!!

      Delete
  2. Love those sandwiches- my kids would be all over making them! On Pandora, I love the Queen station and then the Aerosmith station is great because it's a mix of classic rock and Motown (at least that's how my thumbprint comes out!) Jealous that you could swim already- we keep getting windy, chilly weekends here in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! You spoke my MUSIC LANGUAGE!! Love me some Aerosmith!! Thanks for the suggestions! I like to listen to Pandora at work during the day! I may or may not be caught head banging at my desk! LOL! Not really, but still!

      Delete
  3. Those ice cream sandwiches look delicious! It's not quite feeling like summer here in NY with the temp today not supposed to reach 60! I'm thinking of buying similar flowers to yours to plant around the house. Such a small thing really does make a big difference! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your NY temps! Summer is definitely on it's way here in Louisiana!

      Delete
  4. Ooh that ice cream sandwich looks awesome. And I love the donut pool ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just WAIT until you see the NEW pool float we got! Ahem!

      Delete
  5. Ahh - those memories that old birthday pictures hold.
    I'm not that big of a fan of ice cream but that ICSandwich looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca Jo! You should try one after your runs sometime! ;)

      Delete
  6. I wish my pool was open. We don't usually open it until around the beginning of June. Plus, for every random warm day we have way more chilly/rainy days so we couldn't really enjoy it anyway. Ah well - soon!

    Omg. I love those ice cream sandwiches that you made. They look great.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! I totally get it! So many of my friends have had their pool up and going since the end of March and I'm just like, what?! Of course, kids will pretty much swim in any temperature of water I think, unlike adults. I usually can't get in until July when it feels like warm bath water! Ha! Thank you for your sweet comments!

      Delete