Thursday, April 27, 2017

Thursday Thoughts No. 1

Kudos to me for posting two days in a row! What's up with that?! I thought about doing something a little different today simply because I've got so many things running through this crazy head of mine! I've decided to pass on a Friday Favorite post and just simply share these thoughts with you. My audience is my psychiatrist today! Ha!  Not that I really even go to a psychiatrist, but still.
I just want y'all to know that next Tuesday will be ONE MONTH since I've had a Diet Coke. This is the longest I've ever gone without one.  Lots of water, a little juice, and lots of frozen lemonades from Sonic are the only reason this life style change has been successful. Planning to keep it up.

Got some sad news this week that Stephanie's dad won't be able to attend her graduation. {sigh} Yea. There have been lots of tears shed. And maybe a few mama/daughter shots tossed back, too. 

She decided to let a college friend who is working on his photography skills take her senior pictures. {Crickets.} This was after I had already scheduled a "nice photographer" for an hour at $125 plus all the pictures. {Cue the crickets.} Said college friend has only sent her one - ONE! - "senior" picture and I thought it was awful. {Chirp, chirp.} So I don't know what's going to become of this endeavor, but I do know that her cap and gown pictures should turn out pretty descent if they would just get here.

And speaking of college, what $@&$% prof assigns a FIFTY SLIDE power point presentation two weeks before a comprehensive final??!! And I'm not talking about throwing five words up on a slide, either! I don't even go to MEETINGS with that many slides in a pp presentation and I'm a freaking professional!! 

Got our pool up and going again!  We've had some issues with the filter and discovered - out of lots and trial and error because Mr. Horton doesn't believe in calling a pool guy! - that we had not one, but TWO of these bad boys clogging up out filtration system. And...we've only seen one snake {you might have seen it on SC} this year {so far!}


Sweet Gum Tree seed pods- Set of 12

Another middle school dance this weekend. We're going retro 80's - which makes this Mama's heart proud! - for the decades themed social.

I made Mississippi Roast this week and may have forgotten to turn the crockpot on for a few hours. Oh, well.  We still ate it and lived. 

Mississippi Roast 

A friend of mine mentioned how much better this roast is the next day in between Hawaiian Rolls and the gravy for dipping. Holy Mama!  I think I like it better like that! This is my favorite roast recipe.

Baby Girl did it!  She was chosen as Student of the Quarter for her sixth grade class at school yesterday.  And although Wayne was there to see it, he is not even in a single picture.  I feel horrible! 



I have a new doctor; a primary care physician, which is something that I haven't had in quite a while. Like YEARS, peeps! But I had the nicest follow-up phone call after a recent visit to the clinic and they helped me find one. So last week I went in to be established as a "new patient." I like my new doctor, but I still have to go back to have lab work. Ugh! I hate to fast. I don't like to starve. She told me, "You're the healthiest patient I have!" That's good.  I had my crazy tucked in. Oh!  But my whole point to this was, she put me on calcium and Vitamin D. Really?  I JUST started being able to remember take a vitamin every day and now this?  Wayne swears he's going to buy me an old person's plastic pill box.  I told him what he could do with that plastic pill box.

Speaking of my main man, did I mention that he tried to burn the house down this week?  After I went walking and opened the door, I smelled smoke.  He had BREAD in the oven on 500 freakin' degrees!!  WHO puts loaf bread in the oven?! He says he was making "toast." We have a toaster. His bread was charred!

And these babies?!  They're the bomb dot com.  And I'll just leave that right there!



That's all I've got today!  Enjoy your weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Your thoughts really had me laughing. Especially "I had my crazy tucked in." I know you must be so proud of Alise, and also of Stephanie. Y'all are probably counting down til summer just like we are. That roast and those pork bites look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! My college girl has given me a run for my money this week!! I'm not quite sure I'm gonna make it to graduation day! I'm exhausted!

      Delete
  2. I think every doctor tells women over 30 to take their calcium / vitamin D... its like the go-to prescription ;)
    You look so beautiful in your yellow!!
    TAKE TONS OF PICS - Retro 80's is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate taking pills! Unfortunately, the dance has been postponed. Insert sad face.

      Delete
  3. So many things today!!! I think we would all be a little better off by going to a therapist. Just saying.

    And the Mississippi pot roast is amazing. Try it on a hoagie bun with provolone cheese. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  4. Are Wayne and Robert related??? Robert refuses to use the toaster, and it drives me crazy! I have to take a lot of meds each day, so they are all lined up in my kitchen cabinet so I can go down the row and make sure I've taken each one. Make Wayne find a pool guy- Robert wanted to do it himself, and I finally convinced him after a few months that the pool was safer and cleaner in a pro's hands! It's worth the money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate popping pills. Even when I'm sick, I hate to take medicine. I guess that's why I'm not a druggie. As for Wayne, he enjoys mowing and fiddling with the pool. I don't understand it. But if something happens to him, I'm hiring a sexy pool and yard man! Ha!

      Delete
  5. Okay, think I'm going to have to fix on of these roasts. Just looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously it's the best!

      Delete