Tuesday, April 04, 2017

The Perfect Easter Menu

Easter is nearly here, girls, and I'm already thinking about my menu. Here's what we'll be feasting on after church on Easter Sunday!



Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing// Every. single. time. I see or eat this yummy salad, I can't help but think of my BFF from elementary and high school.  She made this awesome dish - that I could make a meal on just by itself! - for pokeno one night and I've loved it ever since. No Easter would be complete without it.

Honey Glazed in the Slow Cooker// I am positively trying this for our Easter lunch!  Years ago, I made a similar ham in the oven and it was delicious! Just think!  Your main menu item, in the crock pot, and it's done when you walk through the door home from church! How easy is that?! 

Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole// I have to say, my mom usually makes the potato casserole for family get-togethers because her recipe is the bomb dot com (and similar to this one). It is also a side dish that can be prepared ahead to save time, too. I would also like to add that home made mac and cheese would make a good substitute for this dish because I love both.

Veggies// Ya gotta have your veggies!  Whether you serve glazed carrots, green beans wrapped in bacon, or fresh asparagus, ya gotta have veggies! 

And don't forget the rolls and deviled eggs! Alise LOVES these eggs and my mom has actually shown her how to make them. I think I might let her be in charge of making them this year! 

Lemonade Ice Box Pie// If I buy anything pre-made, it's usually dessert.  I'll slave all day on a full course meal and end up buying dessert.  But that's just me. Y'all know my favorite lemonade ice box pie is the Mr. Edwards brand that you can find in your local frozen section.  Just let it thaw while you're eating lunch and then it's ready! My mouth is already puckering for this lemony sweetness! But, of course, if you decide to make your own, I've provided a link.

And THAT menu, my friends, is going to make me oh-so happy on Easter! The perfect day celebrating our Savior's Resurrection gathered around the table with family and friends. That's what it's all about!

9 comments:

  1. I make similar potatoes- so easy but people think I've been working all day! And I want that pie- I'm addicted to lemon lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the potato casserole tastes like it takes forever to make, but boiling the potatoes is the longest part! I've been craving lemony stuff too this spring!

      Delete
  2. What time should we arrive???😉 Looks so yummy! I guess we'll be going out. No kids = no cook. Oh well, I'll just try to enjoy the break and wait to host them and all those (future) grandbabies one of these days in the FUTURE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over, Lisa! Don't waste your money on eating out! I'll have plenty! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Just hand over the mashed potatoes & everyone else can eat the rest ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Rebecca Jo! You're a carb queen just like me!

      Delete
  4. Mmmmmm. I'm actually making ham for tonight's Bunco. We're having hashbrown casserole, sweet carrots, and rolls with it. Can't wait to eat!

    *And pray it turns out ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The perfect menu for Bunco! Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  5. This REALLY is the perfect Easter menu! Simple, yummy, seasonal and covers all the bases.

    ReplyDelete