Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Perfect Cake For Easter

I've got a DELICIOUS, and LIGHT, and PERFECT for SPRING and EASTER cake recipe for y'all today. Thanks to Pinterest, Alise and I did a little baking last week in the kitchen and I got to share some memories of my grandmother with her while we were making it. 

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was craving strawberry cake and noticed that I had a box mix in the pantry. I had planned to use regular store bought icing, but while Alise and I were on our walk, I got to thinking about my grandmother and how much strawberry poke cake reminded me of her.  Luckily, I had a box of jello in the pantry, too. You can find the recipe by clicking HERE





The family loved it! Wayne ate two pieces.  I took a few pieces to Stephanie and her friends and they devoured it. Within a few hours, she was texting me asking if I could make a whole cake just for them! Ha!  I told her maybe. 

But seriously.  I wasn't too sure about putting jello in a cake when I saw my grandmother do it for the first time. She said, "Trust me." And she was right. This cake is perfect for Easter or a spring brunch. The only change I made to the recipe is that I used strawberry cake mix instead of a white mix. Enjoy! 


Linking up with Tasty Tuesday and Try It Thursday.

20 comments:

  1. Not only does it look festive, but delicious as well! One of those finger licking deliciousness! Have a tasty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and make sure to go to the blended blog and link this goodness up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double strawberry! My daughter would love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what she thinks, Allie!

      Delete
  4. I've heard of people using jello all the time in cake. I've never tried it - but it makes a cute dish too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks too pretty to eat! I will have to make this for my nieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raise your hand if you want cake for breakfast!!!πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸΌ Looks delicious and I'm not even a huge strawberry fan...except for fresh strawberries.πŸ“ Happy Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I can eat cake for breakfast, too! Especially if it's chocolate!

      Delete
  7. Oh yum!!! My mom used to make the best jello poke cake - I need to make some this weekend!!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely going to make this. I love strawberry! Thanks for sharing, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out, Amy!

      Delete
  9. This looks so yummy! I remember my mom making a similar cake for Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so yummy! I remember my mom making a similar cake for Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing!!! I love poke cakes. Grandmothers are the best :) Glad you were able to share memories with your daughter!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelsey! Love baking with Alise in the kitchen! I consider those special times!

      Delete
  12. This looks delicious and so springy! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete