Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Senior Day 2017

I love y'all.  I really do!

So many texts and messages on Saturday asking me what I was wearing to Senior Day and they totally cracked me up! Every single one of them!

First of all, let me just say, that yes!  I wore the boots!  I know y'all told me not to, but Stephanie ok'ed it, and I was a rebel. She actually picked out my outfit. I felt fat and ate waaaaay too much pie Friday night, drowning my sorrows, but I still managed to pull it off.  There were lots of tears and swollen eyes, for me, of course, but it was a very, very happy day! Stephanie was excited and beaming and Alise changed her phone screen saver to a pic of the two of them earlier that morning {its the little things!} so it was a great day for us as a family. The girls won in the final seconds and the spirit was just awesome! My only regret was that I did not get a family picture of all of us. It totally slipped my mind! 


One of Stephanie's high school friends flew in from Orlando to attend her Senior Day.  I thought that was pretty special. We loved having D spend the weekend with us and getting to know him better. 


We absolutely love these girls and I am so glad our paths crossed and we got to know them so well. They are awesome! They are absolutely hilarious, have the biggest smiles, and are always so appreciative of the little things. The seniors are a close knit group but unfortunately, three of them suffered surgical injuries this season and didn't get to play as much as they would have liked. I was constantly reminding Stephanie to be thankful for her health and ability to play the game she loves. 


The bad thing was that Stephanie got food poisoning over the weekend. She was so, so sick. I'm not gonna lie.  When she first called me Sunday afternoon, I thought she was sick from a little too much fun the night before with her team mates, but that was not the case. I am so thankful for her trainer and team mates that were there for her and even went as far as to wash and pack her clothes for New Orleans. Baby Girl could barely move when I went to see her later Sunday evening and Monday morning. I felt so bad for her.

And speaking of NOLA, by the time you're reading this, I'll be headed down with Dani's mom to watch the girls play later today at the Sunbelt Conference Tournament. I am SO excited, but it will be a very quick trip as we will be coming home tonight as well, win or lose {Mamas have to work for a living!}. I'm hoping Steph can shake back and be able to play.

I am sooo far behind on blog reading and commenting.  Please don't hold it against me, but I do feel bad about it. I'm going to try my best to catch up this week!

18 comments:

  1. You look great and what a special and bittersweet day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it, Vicki! It was very special and bittersweet!

      Delete
  2. Bless her heart! Food poisoning😩. Hope she's fully recovered and feels great for her game tonight. Work...what a drag...LOL (you should join me in Rodan + Fields and work on your sofa like I do...just sayin'😉) Have a fun quick trip and don't worry if you're MIA for a few days, it happens to the best of us! XOXO OH! and the outfit looked darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. Unfortunately, I don't believe I'm a sales girl! But the lash stuff is all the rage right now. I'll let you know if I decide to buy some!

      Delete
  3. so fun! I think your outfit was perfect. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great...what a special night! I can't wait to see what awesome things Stephanie does after graduation. Have fun in NOLA and hope she gets to play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has some plans for post-graduation, but I can't share them now. She's afraid I'll jinx it! Ha!

      Delete
  5. oh gosh... bless her heart. What an awful time to get food poisoning.
    & you look like one HOT MOMMA!!!! I love the outfit you ended up choosing.
    & yes, PIE FOR ALL THE FEELS :) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rebecca Jo! I just couldn't stay away from the Lemon Ice Box pie last Friday night.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely, hands down the cutest senior mama out there! I love your lace top and the boots are perfect! Stephanie is a lucky girl to have found you and I'm so sorry about the food poisoning. Hope she is feeling much better and your week is off to a wonderful start my love! Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much, Girlfriend! Steph knows how much I love the lacey, flowy stuff and when she told me to, "wear lace," I was like, do what? Then I remembered that I had this blouse and it would be okay for the gym/sports atmosphere (I don't think flowy would have) and she told me to wear the boots, so I just went with it! She told me when we were in line to walk out to be presented, "Mama, I really like this outfit! You did good!" That's all I needed to hear. Day made!

      Delete
  7. Safe travels and good luck!

    WKU- my alma mater used to be in the Sunbelt. We still could be for all I know- it's been ages since I've been to a game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lost! :( But the girls played SOOO hard! And, no, I don't think your alma mater is still in the Sunbelt Conference. We've had a disappointing year because so many of our key players decided to leave right before the season started.

      Delete
  8. Your outfit was great! I love that top- perfect spring transition piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been trying to get over to your blog, but I've had problems with access at work and I simply haven't been on the computer at home. I promise to get over and see you soon!

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful day! Hope she's feeling better now - food poisoning is the worst. Hope things went well in New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately we lost in the first round and Stephanie now has the flu. Thanks for checking on us!

      Delete