Friday, March 10, 2017

Old Navy Finds For Spring

Ok I'm being lazy today and I know I'm blowing all the blogger rules about pictures and links and all that jazz, but i just don't have it in me today.  Forgive me for not going the extra mile and coming up with a snazzy collage, but at least I provided the links, peeps! I'm good for something, right?!

I decided to write about something other than basketball today because I figured I owed y'all that much! And I hope all my fans friends decide to read since it IS waaaay past the time that I normally post! 




So for the last two weeks, I've made stops in to Old Navy and decided to let some cash fly out of my wallet yesterday.  Here are some cute things I loved and may or may not have bought.

Cut Out Shoulder Swing Top// This top was so cute in the store and cut out and off the shoulder tops are all the rage right now! I would have seriously considered buying this one if I hadn't already bought something for the concert next weekend.

Skinny Denim Bermudas// I'm on the fence when it comes to Bermuda shorts. I've never really liked them, but it seems they're making a come back. They always reminded me of little, old women or tourists. I think I wore them in college and I'm just not sure I want to go back there just yet. Ha!

Wide Leg Linen Pants// I really, really want these!  Like, a-spoiled-brat-jumping-up-and-down-want-these!! They just scream summer to me and would be perfect for work.  I didn't try them on in the store because I knew they would be too long, but when I got online, I noticed they had them in petite sizes. Yay me!

Patterned Swing Blouse// THIS blouse was the reason I went back to ON yesterday! I had seen it in the store the week before, but held off on buying it because it just wasn't Senior Day material. THEN I saw my friend Amanda sporting it on IG and how cute it looked on her, so I decided to hold my breath and cross my legs all day until after work when I could stop by on my way home to see if our store still had it in my size {our store tends to be very picked over at times}. I got lucky and snatched it right up! 

Harper Pants// I'm needing new pants for work this summer. I tried these on and loved because of the soft, wrinkle-free material {This mama doesn't iron!}. However, I don't like pants with pockets on the sides because I think they make me look bigger, so even for $25 {as of yesterday and through March 11th} I passed. However - another however! - I tried the blush pair on and I'm thinking my backside may not look as big if I got them in a darker color. 

Jersey Swing Dress// I tried this dress on in gray and liked it, but not enough to buy it. It's plain and something that I could get away with wearing at work if I dressed it up with a necklace, a denim jacket, and cute shoes, but I decided to pass.

Rock Star Raw Hem Jeans// I saw these jeans on my friend, Lisa's blog, today and thought they were so cute!  Raw hems are in, ladies, but I opted for the jeans in white instead. 

Capri Sandals// Our store had tons and tons of these flops in all the colors! They are comfortable and although a little bit higher than the normal, rubber, flip flops in the summer time, they are worth it! I loved the gold, silver, and blush!  

Classic Lace Up Shirt// The lace up style is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, too.  This shirt was only available in our store in an XS, so I picked it up online. 

One thing that I bought yesterday, I can't link to so obviously it's not online and you'll just have to take my word for it!  I bought a black floral key-hole dress that is really, really cute, however - another however! - when I tried it home at home {See?  That's why I ALWAYS try stuff on in the store!  But this was a last minute find when I was walking to the register!}, the key-hole was strangling me to death.  Not sure I can live with being strangled, but I love the floral pattern and style of the dress.  It will look oh-so cute under my military jacket. I'll let you know what I decide.

And so here's a little something extra for all my preppy friends out there!

Look at these AH-MAZing gingham espadrille flats from Target!!  EEK! I love them and they are SO about to be in my closet!  One of my IG friends even had them MONOGRAMMED, y'all, in HOT PINK!!  They turned out so freaking cute!!!

I see grilled chicken in our future this weekend.  If you've been following me on Pinterest, then you've probably been wondering why in the hell I've been pinning all these grilled chicken recipes.  Let's just say that my man can grill, but sometimes, his chicken flops and since it's what I'm really craving for the weekend, I don't want it screwed up! Ha! Enjoy yours!  Chicken or weekend. Whatevah!

11 comments:

  1. I want some grilled chicken! Mr. Nine doesn't like to grill, whaaat, mama needs a griller. Old Navy is killing it, can't wait to see your keyhole dress!! Stop with the gingham, Now I NEED my 3rd pair of shoes bought for the day. Fire up the RED card!! Happy weekend gorgeous!! We had pizza too, take and bake, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about Fridays and pizza?! What the what? Mr. Nine doesn't grill?? Oh, well. He can plan an awesome vacay and I'll take a beach trip over grilled chicken any day! xoxo

      Delete
  2. These are great finds! I need to go rediscover Old Navy...I used to love them, and then they had a few years where I didn't find anything. It doesn't help that ours always looks like a hurricane just blew through. Maybe I need to stick with online Old Navy shopping. Have a wonderful weekend...hope the chicken is a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Tanya! ON is hit and miss with me too especially our store! Enjoy Disney!

      Delete
  3. I cannot do bermuda shorts. I am not OK with them. I love the linen pants but I'm 5'4 and look weird in wide leg pants unless I'm going to bed LOL! Love me some Harper pants, girl. Oh man and the Pixie pants. And LOL - I'm Amanda not Andrea. LOL! But thanks for the shout out of sorts!!!!! LOL BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! So sorry girl! I had both my besties on the brain! And it was late when I wrote this AND I was keeping up with your Anniversary night on SC so that's my story and I'm sticking to it! But it's the truth!

      Delete
  4. So many cute picks from ON. I love a swing dress and have several from there. I love the pink short sleeve one💕 If you haven't bought the frayed hem jeans...get them. They suck you in like nobodies business and are cute to boot😉 Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get myself into Old Navy. So much cuteness here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old Navy has really upped their game this season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 4 pairs of Harper pants because I love the fit so much and they're perfect for work! I'm also crushing on the raw hem jeans because I love the fit of the Rock Star, but I'm trying to not buy them since I already have a similar pair. It's so difficult though because ON always has such great sales! Great roundup.
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going back this weekend to re-try the Harper pants. I just loved the way they felt! My thing with jeans is that it gets so hot here in Louisiana so quick that I just keep wearing the same ones. Luckily, I bought a pair of raw hem jeans last year from Target!

      Delete