Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday Favorites: Recap

Hello, Girls!  I survived Memphis, Bon Jovi, and a Southern book signing and lived to tell about it, so here we go!

{Favorite Band.} I posted a snippet of the final concert song, Livin' On A Prayer, on my IG last week and my best friend, Tracy, asked, "Did you win for biggest hair?" That totally cracked me up and I couldn't believe I didn't think about it, but YES, Tracy! My hair was much bigger than Jon's that night! Ha! Who would have ever thought?! The concert was everything this 80's girl had hoped it would be with the exception of Richie Sambora and a few old favorite tunes, but hey!  We woulda been there all night if he had played each and every one. I was beginning to get a little worried, though, because he never played LOAP and I told Wayne, "I am NOT leaving this FedEx Forum until he plays LOAP!  The man has to freaking play LOAP!" The band encored with Dead or Alive and finally, Livin' On A Prayer!!  I was soooo happy! The crowd went crazy! I will say this: the band just doesn't get around like they use too!  Ha! Wayne and I had a great weekend away and it was very much needed!!



{Favorite Author.} So it was home from Memphis late Saturday night, and then I headed out Sunday morning with the girls to a book signing by one of our favorite Southern authors. I believe I'm the only one in the group that hasn't even read the first book of Greg Iles' trilogy, but I have read other books that he's written. It was a gorgeous day for a book signing on the very front porch of an old antebellum home, Dunleith.  There was music and food and we relaxed and cooled our heels under the massive oak trees. We had dinner at the antebellum home later that evening and the menu was catered and based off references from the book. The food was delicious!




And...!  We may have made the front page of the Natchez local newspaper! Eek!



{Favorite Products.} Of course I did LOTS of damage to my debit card while we were in Memphis! And I knew when I walked in Sephora to kill time while Wayne was in another store that I truly did not need to be in there. On top of buying some things that I really needed, I bought this Marc Jacobs' eye candy and I'm trying a neutral shade of Anastasia lipgloss. Y'all know I like bright colors, so I'm not sure how long it will last...both girls have already called dibs on the tube! 


{Favorite Book.} While Wayne was browsing in the new Bass Pro at the Pyramid in Memphis, I shmoozed on up to the bar, ordered a cosmo, and finished a really, really good book called, Along The Infinite Sea. I loved it! Shay from Mix and Match Mama mentioned it recently and so I decided to read it, too.  I had no idea this book was the third in a series. For some crazy reason, while I was reading the book, it seemed very Hemingway-isc to me. If that makes any sense at all! Ha!

{Favorite Blouse.} So, this is what I wore to Bon Jovi AND to Greg Iles' book signing on Sunday. Well, I didn't wear the leather pants and suede booties on Sunday because it was oh-so hot, but this blouse is becoming a fast spring (and summer!) favorite. I bought it shortly after Christmas at Stein Mart and nearly passed it up because I knew that I couldn't wear it to work.  I am so glad that I changed my mind because I absolutely love it! You may be seeing it alot here on the blog! 



{Favorite Drink.} I am becoming quite addicted to the Sonic Frozen Lemonades. Don't tell me how many calories they have because I would probably die, but I love this drink! And it will be the perfect non-alcoholic beverage for laying out by the pool this summer. 

{Favorite Blog Post.} I've been reading Allison's blog for a while and I think all her GYPO wardrobe challenges are so fun. If you're interested in kicking up your outfits a notch, check out her post about simple swaps for spring! I loved it and was inspired to make some changes myself! 

{Favorite Jewelry Box.} And last but not least, I got to visit one of my favorite jewelry stores while I was in Memphis! Eek!  But I can't tell you what I purchased because a dear, blog bestie and I will be twinning again soon!  Can't wait for her birthday to get here!! 


What are your plans for the weekend? My Baby Girls both have pedicure gift certificates that are burning a hole in their pockets, so we're doing that on Saturday and then heading to the theater to see Beauty & The Beast! Can't wait for our Girls Day! 

I'm linking up with these bloggers: Momfessionals, Queen In Between, The Pleated Poppy, The Blended Blog, and Get Your Pretty On

14 comments:

  1. That eye palette from MJ is gorgeous! (I'm a little addicted to shadow palettes- haven't heard of a recovery group to check into yet though!) My hubby and I love big hair bands, and you're right- they just don't move around the way they used to- poor Poison's Brett Michaels had to take a break between every song! Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poison was my first concert and rock band to see when I was in college, Allie! Poison and Boone's Strawberry Hill wine! What a NIGHT!

      Delete
  2. I read that and the pic and the blog bestie and said That's Me...Yippee!!! And now I can say I'm friends with a famous person!!! Making the paper and looking so fab!! I'm still just a LOVIN' that top!!! Happy weekend sista. Hope it's full of smiles!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! You know it's yours! I've been wearing "it/them" all week! I hope you love "it/them" as much as I do!! Happy weekend to you, too!

      Delete
  3. We saw Bon Jovi several years ago and got to go on stage (the wings) during a song. Jon's brother held my purse since it wasn't allowed in that area. Lots of perks when my husband worked for Ford Motor Co :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun, Vicki! We had a blast!

      Delete
  4. Yahooo for making the paper - that's fun stuff.
    HAHA - I laughed at the "they dont get around like they used to" comment. They've been rockin' a long time. I'm sure they miss the good ole days of easier joints :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute in your sassy red top. I love the eye palette...neutrals are my jam! Have you tried a Cranberry slush from Sonic? Katie gets them and I always steal a few sips. DE-LICIOUS! Please tell me you know about the deal where you can go into KS during your bday month and get an item HALF PRICE!!!! Love me some KS! Happy Friday girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Lisa! Yes, I do know about the birthday deal with KS. Unfortunately, mine is in January and Wayne's is in July, so we didn't get a "deal." I will have to try the Cranberry Slush! Sounds so good!

      Delete
  6. Since we're Snap buds I read this and am like - ooohh yeah I remember that and that and that. The book signing trip looked so fun. I liked the constant talk about drinking (I am in!) LOL! I cannot wait to see what you and Andrea sport! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love me some Snap, Sista! Love seeing your's, too! You totally crack me up!

      Delete
  7. I love your blouse - it's so cute and the color is great. I've never seen Bon Jovi live but I think it would be fun. I love them! I've never read anything by Greg Iles but I DO love a good book signing/event.

    -Lauren
    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-bit-more-about-usborne-books-and-more.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Book signings are always so fun!

      Delete
  8. Cute blouse, glad you got it. We ad a great time in Memphis and went to the top of the pyramid for dinner Friday evening and then did Beale Street Sat. afternoon. A fun way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete