Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday Favorites: A Quiet Week

It's been a quiet week for us, which is really unusual, but with the winding down of sports and spring fever in the air, the lazy weekends and late evenings are very nice and welcoming. I've even had time to resume my walking schedule and I'm happy about that. Exercise really is good for the brain and I do feel better. I'm hoping the motivation continues.

Here are some of my favorites this week!

{Favorite Birthday Girl.} Happiest of birthdays to my gorgeous friend and BFF blogger, Andrea! She'll be celebrating her special day on Sunday with all those handsome men in her life, I'm sure! {Wink, wink!}


Andrea is just an AH-mazing friend!  We both speak football, love fashion - we've been known to "twin" a few times! - enjoy cooking for our families, and of course, there's blogging! We have SO much in common that we sometimes feel like we're long-lost sisters! Ha! Sistas from a different mutha! Hop over to her blog and wish her a very Happy Birthday for me! 

{Favorite Pet Peeve.} Late last Friday night, we had some bad weather come though and our electricity went out at 1AM. It was still out at 7 AM, and 1PM. We found out later that we actually had a tornado come through a street over and knocked out some trees in the woods and took out a power line. No one was hurt. I was so worried about loosing all the food in our fridge and freezer - because I had JUST gone to the store earlier that afternoon!  I guess I really shouldn't call this a pet peeve and be thankful that we weren't freaking killed. #gratefulmuch. So before you think I'm totally shallow, it's the not having electricity for well over 12 hours that peeves me. 

{Favorite Girls.} Last Saturday, the girls finally got to use their pedicure gift certificates that Wayne gave them for Christmas. They have been dying to go to my favorite boutique salon, but wanted to wait until after basketball season. After that, we went to see Beauty & The Beast and we LOVED it! I want to see it again! 



{Favorite Book.} I mentioned last week about the book signing and that I was the only one in our group that hadn't read Greg Iles' trilogy. Although I enjoy his books very much, they are soooooo looooonnnnnggg and I feel like I'm not making any progress when I'm reading. 



Having said that, I began the first book in the trilogy this past weekend and I'm really enjoying it. But somebody hit me upside the head for reading a 865 page book!  Please!  I'm hoping to have it finished by summer! Ha! They are suppose to be making a movie based on the books and Toby McGuire is suppose to be starring in the main role.  We girls were a little disappointed about that and was hoping for Matthew McConaughey!

{Favorite Pic.} This picture showed up on my IG feed this week and it made me smile. Little Theodore turned one this week and apparently birthday noodles are a tradition for Ivanka's family. Too cute! 



Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, sweetie! I hope your weekend is fab. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Girlfriend! You too!!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to Andrea! We are finally going to see Beauty and the Beast this weekend and cannot wait! I just won't drink anything for hours before hand so I don't have to get up during the 2 hours! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I refused to get up even though I needed to go during the movie! You will LOVE it Allie! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Ahh - that Ivanka pic is adorable. I love seeing her as a mom.
    Glad you loved Beauty & the Beast <3
    So glad you all were safe .... I get it though - we had a storm one morning & our electricity was out all day & I was freaking out because I just loaded up on veggie burgers - that arent cheap!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved Beauty and the Beast - I'm glad you did too. And yay for spa days!

    -Lauren

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2017/03/monthly-wrap-up-top-five-march-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I ever decided to read a book with 800+ pages it would take me the.rest.of.my.life. #haaalp We're going to see Beauty and the Beast tomorrow night. Can't wait! Sorry about the power. We were at bible study yesterday and the power went off. No windows in the sanctuary so the teacher read her lesson by iphone flash light. You'd think sitting in the dark I could have focused better....WRONG. Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah - a tornado? I'm glad you're ok. I hear you on the power being out. We lose power a lot because we get high winds - I'm good for about 6 hours and then I start worrying about the food! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Monday girl! Getting ready to head to the airport but checking in first with my faves. Love your Sweet words sista, and thinking all 3 of you are my favorite girls too!! Hugs and Have a great start to your week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete