Friday, March 03, 2017

Friday Favorites: First Friday in March

Happy Friday!

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog today! I'm linking up with Andrea today and Shelly next Wednesday to share some of my favorite things for this first Friday in March!

{Favorite Desserts} It's no secret that I've been MIA in the kitchen this week.  Two words: spring break. But before I went on strike, my parents came to dinner last weekend and I made crawfish etouffee. Roux and all, y'all. But when it came to dessert, I decided to let the freezer section of our local grocery do the talking and I served up my favorite frozen treats! You can never go wrong with Mr. Edwards' Lemon Ice Box Pie and Mrs. Smith's Apple Pie.  I added ice cream to the apple, of course.


{Favorite Shoe Box Top} I had the best Mama/Daughter date night this week with Alise. We went out to eat for Mexican and then went shopping at all her favorite stores and I have to say that she racked up! I bought her TWO pairs of shoes and the top of one of the boxes caught my eye and made me smile!


{Favorite Post} I know all of us are gearing up for spring and we'll be working on our tans soon enough.  I have a tanning bed. I probably lay in it - not everyday! - from February to October. We also have a pool, so I like to grab a good book and sit outside until about the end of June and then it's just too darn hot here in Louisiana!  Even in June, I have the fan blowing on me!  Anyway! Having said ALL of that, my favorite post this week is from Cyndi Spivey's Grace & Beauty about applying sunless tanning lotion.  I've never had very good luck with sunless tanners, but her post had me thinking that I might want to give them another try.

{Favorite Spotted Animal} I promise I did not sit around and watch to see when April was actually going to give birth, but this story made me smile this week. Did you know that giraffe's are pregnant for like 14 to 15 MONTHS?!  Thank you, God, that I am not a giraffe!

{Favorite Drink} Without a doubt, my favorite beverage of the week was Sonic's half-priced milkshakes on Wednesday! I decided to take my own advise and "make memories," so when I went over to Stephanie's apartment to spend some time with her before Senior Night {She has a friend flying in from Florida, so other than the games, I won't be seeing much of her this weekend} and she asked, "Mama, can we go get a Sonic milkshake?" and gave me those sad eyes, so of course, I caved and said yes.  We made a late night run to Sonic. I called her little sister to ask if she wanted one, but of course SHE wanted a milkshake from Dairy Queen {my personal favorite!}, so that means I had to drive ALL the way down and to the other side of the road, but I wanted to make my girls happy!


So what's on your weekend agenda? This mama will be needing some quiet, down time after Saturday to get ready to get back to routine on Monday. I just know we're going to get slammed with tests and I need time to psych myself up for it! Our spring break has been easy and nice - Alise got to spend time with her friends and family while Wayne and I worked and talked about our upcoming weekend in Memphis.  We're both so excited to be getting away and he told me to tell the girls not to call us unless they're dying!  Ha! Right, Dad! We won't even be out of the driveway and our phones will be ringing!  We're taking bets on who the first call will be!

Happy weekend, everybody!

16 comments:

  1. Laura, you are like the best mom on earth. Why couldn't you have been born like a long time ago and been my mama? Just kidding lol I love my mama. Seriously though, I love seeing your snaps with your girls - they totally make me smile. MEMPHIS? Oh baby, heck yeah! Love me some Memphis. Actually, I've never been but I want to go HAHAHAH! I used to go to Nashville all the time but it was like 40 stopped there for me. Love you, friend. (Drink your damned water.) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm drinking, I'm drinking!! I think you're a pretty great mom, too, Amanda! Especially after that ER visit this week! Love ya!

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy reading your favorites. Dairy Queen is a favorite of mine too. I usually put a DQ gift card in the Easter baskets. Have a fun weekend get-a-way. I've never been to Memphis, but I hope to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! You made me smile! We love Memphis! It's one of our favorite get away spots!

      Delete
  3. I love the milkshake story! I also love that you were able to go to dinner and shoe shopping this week with Alise. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got to spend time with both my girls! Everyone in the family had a "mom night"!

      Delete
  4. I'd choose DQ over Sonic, too! What a fun mom/daughter date night! Have so much fun in Memphis- I've never been but would love to go eat some good BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get to Memphis, make sure and go to Le Rendevous for BBQ! It's the best!

      Delete
  5. Good for you being the "fun" mom and making memories. I had no idea Sonic has half price shakes on Wednesday. I see some major calories coming our way next week! Memphis sounds so fun...can't wait to hear about it. That was a great post about self tanner. I love me some self tanner. I just tried some "build a tan" from Neutrogena and it was so orange. I used to love a Banana boat foam/mousse, but I don't think they make it anymore. I am not too picky. If I rub it in really well, it usually looks pretty "real." have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, check your Sonic, but I think the milkshake thing was just for that day! The last time I used self tanner, I used the Jergens brand and I had to re-apply it for like three days straight to finally get the color/shade I wanted. I got aggravated and just gave up! That's been years ago, so maybe they've improved and I'll try it again. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. I've given up watching April give birth.. has it even happened yet? I have no clue.
    Mrs. Smith's pies are DELICIOUS. You make me want to get one for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as yesterday, April had not given birth. Eek! Get a Mrs. Smith pie and enjoy your weekend, friend!

      Delete
  7. A pool and a tanning bed...you are THE GOLDEN GODDESS! I'm a fan of self tanners too and have that down as post to do SOON. Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you guys have enjoyed spring break! I know Monday won't be easy but you can do it girl! Yay for time with your girlie, new shoes and Sonic with Miss Steph!! I do like DQ better too but you're just the BEST mama fir getting them girlies what they love!! Happy weekend precious lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought of you this evening while I was watching the news and they were talking about it being Senior Night in the ULM girls game. I haven't had a milkshake in a 100 years, guess I deserve one. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete