Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Currently ~ March 2016

Welcome to March and hello to Wednesday! I'm joining Anne and her co-host Carrie of A Stylish Fit for this month's edition of Currently. I can't wait to read and see what everyone's been up to! 



watching// My Baby Girl grow up right before my eyes. I can't believe my pride and joy will be twelve - TWELVE, y'all! - in just two and a half months! Some days she wears mascara and lipstick to school; some days she doesn't. Lately she's been wearing her hair down and asking to wear my boots to church. Her sassiness drives me crazy most days, but when she says, "I love you, Mama," my heart literally wants to burst. She still holds my hand sometimes when it's just me and her and she is quick to change the music channel in the car, but I wouldn't give anything in the world for this time with her right now.   

eating// In case you didn't know already, Mama's on kitchen strike because of spring break! Needless to say, we're eating out of the fridge this week. However...last week, I did my fair share of meal preparation and made shrimp and grits and crawfish etouffee in the spirit of Mardi Gras. 

saying// Make memories. Some of the best advice I ever received was on my wedding day and I can't even remember who said it, but the person told me to, "take everything in and enjoy the moment." I've held tightly to that advice throughout my life and it's something that I've tried to pass down to Stephanie with her senior season winding down. She's had a hard last two weeks with her injured foot, and being sick, and the stupid cat issue, and I just want to press upon her deaf ears that she's living in moments that she'll never have again. Once she takes that jersey off at that final game, it's over. So I texted her recently on a road trip, "Make Memories."  

wearing// I shared a date night outfit last week and mentioned some ideas for upcoming Senior Night, which is this Saturday!  Eek! Our temps here in Louisiana have been so crazy!  Last week, I was melting in the 80 degree heat as I drove by azaelas that were already in bloom. Then!  Just as I was about to break out the shorts this past weekend, the weather was back in the 30's. I froze my butt off all day Saturday!

posting// I posted this silly picture on SC this past weekend when I got my hair colored. Just because it was straight and I never wear my hair straight. I don't like wearing it like that because it reminds me of an old, blonde accounting professor I had in college.  Curly hair will always be my jam. 


And...because Shelly's new Royally Waiting linkup has some of the same prompts, I'm linking up with her and her friends today, too! 



Peace out!

12 comments:

  1. We've had the same weather in Houston! Darn cold front foiled my shorts plans, too! Yes to making memories- the days are going by fast with my kiddos. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting hot here in Louisiana a little bit quicker than I want it to!

      Delete
  2. Lots of good stuff currently😉. And I think curly hair is your jam too. I love it!!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already having so many of these feelings with my kid being 3 and seeming so big... I can't imagine how it will be when he's 12!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy these moments, Anne. My older friends weren't lying when they said they go by so fast!

      Delete
  4. Happy Wednesday sweets! Love these posts and seeing what's going on in your neck of the woods! Aren't you the cutest little bunny rabbit ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Girl! That's my Snap voice/alter ego!

      Delete
  5. I don't think I would have even recognized a picture of you with straight hair. Looks good, but I like the curly too! "Make Memories" is simply the best advice. It seems a little easier now with smartphones/cameras, but I already have forgotten so many things from my teen years and 20's that I wish I would have appreciated more in the moment. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so not ready for Carly Jo to be interested in makeup but I know it's just around the corner! Thank you for linking AND sharing Royally Waiting friend. And ps...love you as a sassy, curly headed girl the best.

    Shelly||The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  7. Savor it all because before you know it you're baby will be 29...just like mine. Time just never stops. Cutie will your straightened. :) Thanks for linking up with Currently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO many times in life we all need to remember just that - take it in. Enjoy those memories. Time goes by so fast.

    ReplyDelete