Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What's Up Wednesday ~ February 2017


It's the last Wednesday in the month and that means it's time to link up with Shay at Mix & Match Mama for What's Up Wednesday!

What We're Eating This Week...I made Miranda Lambert's Mom's Meatloaf, which is my absolute favorite, smashed potatoes, green beans and cornbread this past Sunday for supper so that Stephanie could have a good, "home cooked" meal before she hits the road today for five days {I'm so jealous that the team is going to Myrtle Beach.  I was suppose to go, but it just didn't work out with my work schedule}.  I topped it off later that night with brownie ala modes. The only other meal I have planned for the week is shrimp and grits per Alise's request. Yum! Oh!  And then my parents are coming over Friday night for crawfish etouffee.  Guess we're going all cajun-y this week for Mardi Gras!

What I'm Reminiscing This Week... Nada.

What I'm loving...My girlfriends. The girls and I recently had drinks and apps at a new restaurant in town one Friday evening a few weeks ago.  We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the glassed fire pits, the river, and a nice breeze!


What We've Been Up To...Alise got a new math teacher after Christmas break and can you believe her teacher also taught me in high school?!  Gosh, I feel old! I mentioned that she has also decided not to cheer next year and as of today, I'm totally fine with it. Her happiness means more to me than anything. We've been trying to find a new home for Stephanie's cat, aka "Satan." You may have seen my Snaps with this crazy cat. Short story is that she wasn't suppose to have a cat in her apartment, got caught, nearly got fined, and now we've been trying to find a temporary home for this thing until she graduates! Wayne and I were not happy at all when she got it and he refuses to let the cat stay with us. She's crying and upset, I'm crying and upset because she's upset and Wayne is still saying no. It's been a helluva week at our house! Over a blasted cat!

What I'm Dreading...Senior Night is coming up and I am oh-so dreading it. The university makes a big to-do out of it and I'm worried about Stephanie and how she will handle playing her last college basketball game. I've told her to enjoy these last few games because she will never get them back.

What I'm Working On...Drinking more H2O and laying off the Diet Coke. Again.

What I'm Excited About...Seeing Bon Jovi in concert and getting away with Wayne for a very long - and much needed - weekend vacay!

What I'm Watching And Reading...This past weekend, the WBB team was on ESPN! It was our pink out game and of course we were there!  All four of us were on national TV! So exciting! I laughed so hard because the girls absolutely hate those pink uniforms, but I love them! When Steph came over Sunday night, we re-watched the game. I finished A Man Called Ove and absolutely loved it!  The best book I've read all year! I did not like James Patterson's new Alex Cross book, Cross The Line.  And I finally got around to reading the latest book in one of my favorite series by Michael Connelly, The Wrong Side Of Goodbye. It's probably my favorite book in the Harry Bosch series. I'm currently reading, Behind Closed Doors and really liking it so far.


What I'm Listening To...I finally found the Bon Jovi channel on XM again!  It's channel 18.

What I'm Wearing... Date night this past weekend. I found my old KISS t-shirt and decided to wear it with Alise's lace choker and knee boots to dinner Saturday night!



And just to prove to y'all that I have big hair, here's a pic!


My BFF Andrea sent me this choker last week after seeing it on my blog a few months ago! She is the absolute best! I love it! It just needs a little "lying flat" from the mailing and it'll be good to go! And I'm still looking for the perfect outfit to wear it with! Promises for pics soon1


What I'm Doing This Weekend...Hoping to get a good start on cleaning our yard from the winter months. As much as I hate to admit it, I think spring has arrived in Louisiana and it's time to get the yard, pool, and outdoor kitchen ready for entertaining. First on the list is a crawfish boil with friends in a few weeks!

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month...Bon Jovi!! Have I already mentioned this?!

What Else Is New...Alise is on spring break next week. While Baby Girl stays up late and sleeps in, this mama is going to enjoy not having to fix lunches, not having to stay on top of laundry, and most importantly, not STUDYING! Needless to say, this Mama is taking a break next week, too!

Happy Wednesday, Loves! I hope it's the best day of the week for you!

12 comments:

  1. Aww you sweet pea!! I know, it does need some laying flat, lol. How CUTE are you in that Kiss tee, I adore it, HOT RETRO MAMA!!!! Bon Jovi has to have you so pumped, I'm pumped for you!!! Enjoy Spring Break with baby girl!! I hope your day is full of sweet joy and easy!!! Xoxo Luvs ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Girlfriend! I hope you have a happy Wednesday as well! And YASSS!! SOOO stinking excited to see Bon Jovi!!

      Delete
  2. I really need to read A Man Called Ove. You are the latest of many who say it's the best book they have read all year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great book club book, too!

      Delete
  3. Love your KISS shirt- my daughter is obsessed with them and had our family go as them for Halloween! Bon Jovi will be so much fun! If you haven't seen Def Leppard in concert, they're awesome, too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen Def Leppard in concert, but we have seen KISS and they are freakin' AWESOME!!

      Delete
  4. Shut up..I would LOVE to see Bon Jovi!! I can't believe y'all have spring break so early. Of course ours will be here before I know it. I totally need to get on that yardwork too. Lots and lots of clover all over our yard...first signs of spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always get the last week in February for Spring Break and then we get another week for Easter Break. Last year we got Mardi Gra break, too, but it falls this year with Spring Break.

      Delete
  5. KISS... YEAH GIRL.
    Fun fact - we have a whole room in our basement dedicated to KISS - my husband has loved them since childhood. I've seen them in concert 3 times - he has like 10 times. So you rock that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Rebecca Jo! That is so cool! We've seen them once and I can't get over what an AWESOME show they put on to be as old as they are!! Ha!

      Delete
  6. Ok, first how cool that you and ANDREA are friends...love that! (try steaming the choker😉) I love A Man Called Ove and just looked at his new book yesterday at Costco. I think I'll get it for my next trip to Nashville on the plane. You are rocking the Kiss tee and the OTK boots. Big hair forever my friend!!!! And I totally flubbed and missed What's Up Wednesday this month...what the heck??? I didn't have it in my planner. Got to get on that and fix it!!! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I may have to add his new book to my reading list! Thanks for letting me know about it! And yes! I had thought about steaming the choker as well, but I just haven't had the time yet.

      Delete