Thursday, February 23, 2017

Senior Night Outfit Ideas

Okay so this whole Senior Night thing is really freaking me out! I have no idea what to wear!

Y'all know that I am a cheer mom. I cheer for both my girls in whatever they play, but I don't pride myself on yoga pants, jeans, and t-shirts. Okay, maybe around the house, but not in public.  Ok. Maybe Walmart.  But that's it.

When Stephanie was telling me "the plans" for SN, she said, "You can just wear the t-shirt you have with my name and number on it."

I looked at her like she had hit her head.

I said, "I'm not wearing a t-shirt in front of everybody!  Are you crazy?  I'm wearing a dress and boots!"

She just looked at me with this blank look on her face.  After about five seconds, she said, "Ok."

Obviously, we don't share the same wardrobe tastes.

And then I saw a pic of one of my friends with her son on SN on IG. Guess what she was wearing!  A school t-shirt and jeans. I was like, "Ok.  Maybe I'm making too much of a big deal about this."

But it's Senior Night! We're suppose to be celebrating! I don't wanna wear a t-shirt!

Here are a few outfits that I like for inspiration other than a dress and boots.

Love the leopard and black combo {Duh!}, but not necessarily the jacket idea.  No heels and glasses, either.  I don't want to break my neck!


This look is simple and one that I think Steph would "approve" of. 


Seriously considering wearing my moto jacket and boots! I haven't worn my jacket in a while - thanks to the mild winter - and this pic reminded me that I actually own one! No scarf. 


I really wanna wear my knee boots, but I don't want to present myself as a hoochie mama, either! 


I have several kimonos so those are an option, too.


So what do y'all think?!  Help a girl out!

14 comments:

  1. Any of those options would be great! (throw your t-shirt in the car in case you get there and everyone has on tee's) Go with whichever one makes YOU feel best. I know that's not much help, but it's the truth. Could you do your moto jacket over the team tee? Jeans and Converse? That could be cute 😊 Can't wait to see which way you go...oh, and I agree. No over the knee boots.😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, LOL but I wanna wear the booooooots!! Love the idea about the tee under the moto jacket! That might work!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Lisa about either having the tshirt in the car or wearing under a cute jacket, just in case "everyone else" is wearing theirs. Love your outfit inspiration pictures. You are way more stylish than I am...tshirt and jeans are my daily uniform. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have the t-shirt with me, Tanya! I guess because I have to dress up so much for work and because it's a "happy" time, I just want to celebrate and look nice. Trying oh-so hard not to just go out and buy something new!

      Delete
  3. I love that maroon top with the boots. Classy but still casual enough.
    I know you'll look amazing whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the look I'm leaning more towards, Rebecca Jo. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. As a mom who has attended many a senior games/nights, do not overdress! Most wear school colors or tees/jackets/sweatshirts in support of their child/school. They dress up for the banquets only. Rule of thumb is usually if the players dress up so do you and if not, you don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! That's not what I wanted to hear, Lauren!! :( Gosh, I wish I could remember what the moms wore last year! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I think you are good to go with any of them! Why not the t-shirt with the moto jacket?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm with you, I would have thought it would be a dressier affair,but apparently not and as stated above, you do not want to overdress. I'm kind of drawn to the kimono look and you would carry it off in style. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love outfit #2. Hoochi mama!! I know a few of those! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Amy! Touche'!

      Delete
  8. As a former college athlete mom..I'm pushing you towards outfit #2! Coordinate the colors with the school colors and it's a total win. I am not a t-shirt in public kind of mom either especially for stuff like that. One night when Riley was still in high school I will never forget...I had a maroon colored sleeveless dress on that hit right about my knee with my cowboy boots and the mom behind me said "well don't you just look like barbie". I'm pretty sure she was not impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute style ideas! I love the clutch. I just posted some date night inspiration on my blog too! I'd love you to check it out.

    ReplyDelete