Tuesday, February 14, 2017

My Loves



Happy Valentine's Day, y'all and welcome to Show & Tell. Today's topic is to reintroduce you to my loves.  Y'all already know that I share alot about our family life here and so I find myself really at a loss to tell you more about the three most important people in my life. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not sure. In case you missed it, though, you can check out a post I wrote recently highlighting three things about Wayne and the girls. And so now on to why I love them.


Wayne
The love of my life. This man treats me like a queen and I know there isn't anything in this world he wouldn't do for me. He has been my rock through out our {almost!} twenty-two year marriage and can read me like a book. We definitely complement each other: he's the extrovert and I like to stick to myself. I am at my happiest when I'm with him and he makes me laugh hysterically. Wayne has never been lazy and has always worked hard and tirelessly so that "his girls" can enjoy the things we like to do. And we won't mention how many ledges he's had to talk me down from. Ha! Love you, Babe!

Alise
Forever my Baby Girl. When I was younger, I remember making a list of all the great things my daughter would do one day. She was going to dance and cheer and make good grades. She would have blonde hair and blue eyes and we would be the best of friends. And guess what! All those things came true. This past weekend, we had a "sleep over" and we piled up in my bed and stayed up late watching Gilmore Girls and eating popcorn.  She told me, "Mama, this is the best sleep over ever!"  Night made! Lately, I've been struggling with trying not to just "brush off" the things she shares with me about school or how her friends treat her because I'm busy at the moment. I need to remember to take the time and use these opportunities as talking points with my tween. But I am SO proud of her! Alise really is a great kid and I love her very, very much. Now if we can just make it through middle school!

Stephanie
My second chance. Oh, this girl!  Where do I begin? From the first day I saw her on the court, there has been this bond between us. We both fill voids in each others lives that neither of us ever really knew we had. And twenty-two years to the day almost, I get to be the mom she never had. One word: blessed. Our relationship is hard sometimes for so many reasons, and just like all daughters, she drives me crazy, but we never give up on each other. She is learning the value of family and what it means to put those you love first. Stephanie is a true "Millennial" in every since of the word and not a southern belle  - but I'm working on that part! She will always be my favorite college women's basketball player, my favorite #25, my favorite rebounder and blocker (I can say that because Alise plays a different position!) and I will always be her biggest fan! I love her so, so much! Praying we can make it to college graduation in May!

So these are my peeps, my family, my loves, and I can't wait to celebrate with them today! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day with the ones you love today, too!

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully said precious Laura!!! Brought a tear to my eye!! Love you 'Galentine"..may your day be overflowing with smiles, hugs and love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, too, Blondie! I hope you have the best "Galentine" evah!

      Delete
  2. Your family is just precious - I know you love to love them every day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! Happy Galentine's Day, Rebecca Jo!

      Delete
  3. So happy to read about your loves. I'd love to know more about how you came to have Stephanie in your life. Have a great Valentine's Day Laura!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I hope one day in the near future I can share the story. God has just blessed our family with Stephanie and we love her very much. Happy Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  4. What a sweet read. I love getting to learn more about you and your family. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet, heartfelt post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is so lovely! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love reading about your sweet fam!!! Miss y'all.

    ReplyDelete