Monday, February 27, 2017

Is Under Eye Liner For Women Over 40?

I don't know why, but a few weeks ago, I started "borrowing" Alise's liquid eye liner. She hardly ever wears it anymore since cheer is over and well, it was there for the taking. What can I say? 

One morning, she walked in the bathroom while I was lining under my eyes and she said, "Oh, Mama!  Don't do that! That looks retarded." Sass much?


Y'all know I'm an 80's girl. Hell, I lived the days of bright BLUE eyeliner under my eyes and I'm still here to talk about it. I remember my mother using liquid eye liner {and bright blue eyeshadow!} back in the day and it was the kind that came in a single palette with a thin brush and she had to mix it with water. But, alas, those days are gone and my question today is:

Should women over 40 still line under their eyes?

I'll be honest.  I haven't used eye liner in years.  I keep some in my make up bag for date nights and if I get a wild hair one day to wear it, but for the most part, I don't even wear it on top of my eyes. Now back in the day of the cat eye, I could rock an awesome wing! And maybe I should clarify that I'm not putting the liner ON my bottom eye lid; it's more like under my bottom lash line. And it's a very, very thin line.

I read recently that older women who line their eyes can make them look heavy and sagging. Who wants that?! I am in NO WAY disputing you beauties who still line your eyes. I think it's great! Really, I do. I think it always comes back to your personal preference. Seriously.  Please don't send me hate mail over eye liner!

One thing I do know is that I don't like Alise's liquid eye liner {I'm too lazy to go look at what brand it is right now, but if you're really curious, let me know and I'll get up off the couch and go find out for you}. After I apply a thin line and blink, that pin line becomes a freaking ROAD under my eye and I usually have to blot it with a kleenex and then I wonder why in the world am I putting myself through this? 

Seriously, the best thing on the market right now for under the eye is this eye cream.  I love it! My eyes look so much brighter, and y'all! I don't even have to use my bye bye cream anymore! I totally recommend it!

12 comments:

  1. I'm an 80s/90s girl who really feels naked without some kind of eyeliner. I use a pencil though, not liquid. I have definitely lightened up on it since hitting my 40s though. I can see how a heavy liner could drag your face down. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I even still have liquid eye liner are from my cat-eye days. I think I might buy a pencil just to have on special days, but I don't plan on starting up with the lining again anytime soon.

      Delete
  2. Too funny (you do know she gets that Sass from her momma ;-) I quit wearing liner and mascara on my lower lids years ago. I know a lot of woman my age and older still do. I also believe there is a right way and wrong way to wear it, regardless of age! If you want the look of liner, yet softer, use shadow and an angled brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Of course I know where that sass comes from! But I don't have to hear it! Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Ouch... the R Word... ***Cringe****
    I havent wore eyeliner underneath in the longest time - mainly because I have to much dark under my eyes as is ;) haha - dont need anymore than I usually have. I used to rock the blue eyeliner underneath in my teen years though ;) haha Hello 80's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those were the good ol' days of blue eye liner and teased hair! #rockon

      Delete
  4. I'm a no liner girl myself. I see so many women who use it so thick (and uneven🙈) I think it diminishes the natural beauty of their eyes. But don't even think about telling me to quit using my shimmery shadow. Not gonna happen😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Lisa! I love shimmery shadow, too! Nothing wrong with that!

      Delete
  5. You do you, girl! So many people are told not to use mascara on their bottom lashes, and the girls at the Bobbi Brown counter at Neiman's would always tell me that those people were just jealous and hating! If it makes you feel good, then do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need so much makeup help in every single area!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know sister I say do what makes you feel best! I have always used eyeliner. Maybelline makes a perfect point plus that I adore and will freak out if they stop making it. I do attempt the cat Eye from time to time but I am a complete big fail at it! If you ask me you're beautiful no matter what make up you wear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suck at makeup period. I wear eyeliner for date night or girls night out and sometimes I wear it on days when my eyes look particularly sleepy but not an every day thing for me and always on top only. I'm with your friend above..You DO you!

    ReplyDelete