Thursday, February 02, 2017

First Friday Favorites For February

Hello Friends!  Welcome to Friday!!

It's been a rough week and I am oh-so ready for the weekend! Here are my favorites for this first Friday in February!



Vitafusion Women's Multi-Vitamin// I've never been a vitamin girl - except when I was pregnant. The smell of vitamins make me want to gag. I've also never been a gummy girl. So imagine my own surprise when I decided to try these bad boys! I have been so tired lately and when I mention this to my doctor, the first thing she asks is, Are you taking any vitamins? Really? So I decided to make a change and start taking vitamins and I've been pleasantly surprised by these!  No awful smell or feeling like I have this bad taste in my mouth all day. Can I tell a difference?  It would probably help if I took them consistently {I hate to take medicine, so I have to really work with taking them every day}.

Mrs. Meyer's Foaming Hand Soap// I decided to try something new when I ran out of hand soap in the kitchen. And since I was at Target at the time and didn't want to go to the mall to buy my usual Bath & Body Works brand, I reached for Mrs. Meyer's instead. I've heard of this line of cleaning products, but I've never used them. Gasp!  I know, right? I'm loving it! And I'm a foaming soap kind of girl. My hands just feel cleaner to me than when I use regular hand soap.

Taaka King Cake Vodka// I discovered this flavored vodka recently on the weekend of my birthday. Y'all know I love all things king cake, but I'm not crazy about flavored vodka. Except for this one.  I love it! I won't tell you how many bottles I've bought of this in the last three weeks!  Not for me, but as gifts! One was a hostess gift last weekend when we got together with friends and the other was for a friend's birthday. Okay. I may have bought another bottle for the house, but that's it. I like to mix it with Sprite.

Wendy's Frosties// Last December, we purchased a key chain from Wendy's to get free small frosties during the entire year of 2017. I don't remember how much the key chain was {it wasn't expensive}, but it sure has been nice going through the drive through and getting a free, cool chocolate frosty. And probably explains the reason why I can't lose any weight! Alise is always asking on the way home from town, can we stop and get a FREE frosty? Emphasis on free, of course. I'm not sure if you can still purchase the key chain, but it doesn't hurt to ask next time you're at Wendy's if you love frosties as much as we do!

Super Bowl Sunday// I'm pulling for the Atlanta Falcons for the Super Bowl. All because of one player that is a Bama alum - Julio Jones.  He's a class act, y'all, and the kind of athlete I can believe in. I know all my friends that are Saints fans can't believe I just said I was pulling for the "Dirty Birds," but it is what it is.  Got my menu all planned out and everything! If you're looking for some great menu ideas for the big game, check out my posts HERE and HERE.

So...take your vitamins, wash your hands, don't mix vodka with your frosty, and I hope everyone's favorite team wins the Super Bowl. And that's a wrap for this Friday! Oh, and enjoy your weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Way to go on the vitamins. Sorry they don't make one to help you root for a better Super Bowl team. Just sayin'....LOL At least we can agree on clean hands and vodka bahahaha. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Touche' Amanda! I really think your Patriots will win, but I'm still gonna pull for the underdog!

      Delete
  2. "Don't mix vodka with your frosty." And may I ask, why not? Lol! Thanks for all the recommendations. Have a great weekend! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwhahaha! I literally laughed out loud, Amy! My kinda girl! Cheers to Friday!

      Delete
  3. I love Wendy's Frosties too ! I like foaming hand soap too but never tried Mrs. Meyers hand soap, thanks for sharing because I'm always at Target. Happy Friday Laura !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several fragrances in the Mrs. Meyers line and wish I had remembered which one I purchased! Let me know what you think if you decide to try it. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Too funny you mention Wendy's Frosty's, my friend Tami told me that her niece made up a whole batch of homemade Frosty's with Cool Whip, evaporated milk and cocoa powder and said it taste just like the Frosty's. We shall see, lol. I am a foreman so kind a girl too and very particular about it. I have heard good things about Meyer and if you love it I know I will too! You'll gasp when I tell you how many vitamins I take everyday; eight girl eightI feel great, LOL! Ha ha. Have a super sweet weekend my love, go Falcons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!! EIGHT freakin' vitamins?!? No wonder you're so happy all the time! Maybe I need to do that, too! And I've seen the "homemade" version of a Frosty on Pinterest and Alise and I may just have to try it! Thanks for reminding me about it!

      Delete
  5. I take the gummy vitamins too. Started taking them because I was giving them to my daughter and figured, "why not?"...here's the secret to remembering. Put them in the cabinet with your coffee cups! Every morning I go to grab a cup and see the vitamins and remember to take 2...easy peasy. OKAY, you scared me a little with how many bottles of vodka you'd bought in that short time span...LOL, until I read for gifts. Whew (sweeping my brow) ;) I'm pulling for the Falcons too just because I'm a southern girl. Have a great weekend Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Naw, girl! They were gifts, I promise! I'm suppose to be taking TWO vitamins!?! Ugh! That's a great idea, though, and I'm going to try it!

      Delete
  6. I take gummy vitamins too! I love them and think they taste like candy! I'm not a frosty girl but I do think that is a good deal if you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family will be watching the Superbowl, and they want Atlanta to win too. I don't really pay much attention to football, I have to admit. that's great you found a multi-vitamin you like! I usually don't mind the gummy ones.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness, I take about 11-12 vitamins a day and have for years and years. I don't know if they are working but I'm afraid to stop. :o)) Have a great Super Bowl gathering and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had a frosty in so long, and now I want one! I was so bummed that the Falcons lost - mostly because I'm so tired of the Patriots. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete