Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Currently ~ February 2017

Hello, Friends!  

Welcome to Wednesday and Currently with Anne and her blog buddy Erin who is joining this month to co-host for the link up. Today, I'll be sharing what I'm currently packingjonesingtextingwearing, and hearting. If you're a blogger, join us! If you're not a blogger, that's okay, too.  Hop on over to Anne and Erin's blogs by clicking on the links and find out what other bloggers are doing this month.  Leave some comments. Meet some new friends! Spread some love this month! That's what it's all about. 

packing// This past weekend, I was steadily packing pre-made casseroles into our freezer! I usually try to do this every couple of months so that I can just pop dinner in the oven after a long day. However, my college girl and her friends have found my stash and when they come over, they manage to score a few meals to take back to their apartment. Some of my favorite pre-made dinners are lasagna, baked ziti, burritos, and cheesy chicken spaghetti. Lots of Italian and Mexican up in our house! 

jonesing// Ok. I admit. I had to look this one up. I don't believe I've ever heard of "jonesing," nor have I ever used it in a sentence. Ok, maybe I've heard it, but I still haven't used it in a sentence. So anyway, in case you're like me, and didn't know what "jonesing" means, it means, "to be addicted to or have a fixation on." Two words: Diet Coke. And that's all I gotta say about "jonesing." Except next time when I'm in the car with Wayne and I'm really craving a Diet Coke from Sonic, I'm gonna say, "Gosh!  I'm really jonesing a Diet Coke!" and see what kinda look he gives me! Ha!

texting// I showed y'all the text a few weeks ago that Alise sent me the night Wayne took her and Stephanie on a Daddy/Daughter date to see the Harlem Globetrotters. Last week, Alise and some of her friends had to do a skit at school based on a folk tale.  Their reading teacher assigned them Pecos Bill and I had absolutely NOTHING to do with this project {Thank God because I have never even heard of Pecos Bill!}. Her teacher texted me a video of her and her classmates' skit and complimented them on doing such a great job! She texted, "It takes more courage to be live in front of your audience {there were different options they could have done}." That made my day!  

wearing// My Lisa Leonard necklace that Wayne and the girls got me for Christmas. It kept popping up in my FB feed around Christmas time and finally, one night in December, I had had enough and may have expressed to Wayne a few times that I would like Santa to bring me one. Mine has everyone's name on the front and #familyfirst on the back. I love it! 

hearting// I mentioned on Monday that this Baby Girl will always have my heart. She had her first formal dance this weekend and it was Mardi Gras masquerade themed.  Here is my pride and joy sporting the $11 dress I told y'all I scored at the New Year's Day sale at Dillard's! I thought she looked beautiful and she had a great time dancing the night away with her friends. I may or may not have nearly had a mental breakdown that day.



Enjoy your day, everyone! It's February! The month of love! 

23 comments:

  1. I'm still hearing that baby girl too in her darling dress! Lisa Leonard necklaces are gorgeous, I bet your cherish it! K, I'm jonesing for coffee, so here I go. Happy Day dear sista!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Lisa Leonard Necklace :) XOXO your baby girl is beautiful, saw the photos from the Mardi Gras Masquerade simply gorgeous ! Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Have a great Wednesday!

      Delete
  3. What a cutie in her formal dance dress! Lovely. And your "jonesing" cracked me up. Thanks for joining in again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Anne! What can I say?

      Delete
  4. Okay, how have I never heard of Lisa Leonard???? Those are beautiful pieces and now I'm "jonesing" for one!❤️ Happy Wednesday Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Lisa! Jonesing for Lisa Leonard! I love it!

      Delete
  5. I didnt even know jonesing was still a word - I thought that was out. Shows my 'hipness level'.
    PLEASE let us know his reaction when you tell him that about the diet coke ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you had heard of jonesing!! I'm waaay behind if the word is "out" now!

      Delete
  6. Haha I had to look up jonesing too! So funny :) Those dinners sound delicious! We are in the market for a stand-alone freezer and once we get one, I will definitely be doing more freezer meal cooking days. I did it when I was pregnant and it was a serious life saver after my son was born!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! Oh, I am SO glad I'm not the only one that had to break out the online dictionary for that word!

      Delete
  7. Hearing that baby girl too! She is just so awesome! Go on with the Diet Coke (crack!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. I should be drinking water, right?!

      Delete
  8. Diet Coke is like a mean trick--it wants to be as good as real coke but isn't! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so addicted, Julie! Not a coffee drinker at all, so it's how I get my caffiene every morning.

      Delete
  9. Oh, my goodness! Your baby is growing up and looks fab. I had to look up jonesing too. Thankful for google!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL now I don't feel so bad, Carrie! Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Diet coke is definitely what I'm "jonesing" for every afternoon around 1 or 2pm. I love your LL necklace. I have several things from them, as well as Vintage Pearl. I love all the personalized jewelry! Have a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about getting the stackable name rings next!

      Delete
  11. Haha - I don't know why I know "jonesing", but I use it all the time. And I'm usually jonesing for a diet coke myself! So impressed with your casserole making - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew we were great friends, Lana, since we have the same tastes in "jonesing." Ha!

      Delete
  12. What a cute dress! I had to look up "jonesing" too. I'd heard it before and figured I was correct, but I wanted to make sure. I basically had it down. haha Mmm...I could use a diet anything right now.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete