Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What's UP Wednesday ~ January 2017

I honestly have no idea if What's Up Wednesdays is even a link up anymore for 2017, but because I feel like I haven't shared anything about our family life lately, I decided to play along anyway. There are so many new and fun blog link ups this year, but I'm finding it hard these days just to find the time to write/blog. Does anyone else have that problem? Ha!


What we're eating this week...It was an easy trip - and an inexpensive trip! - to the grocery store this week!  Our schedule is slammed every. single. night. this week that we're sticking to our staple meals of spaghetti boats, tacos, and pork loin (in the crock pot!). I'm really hoping to get in some freezer meal prep this weekend.  College girls seem to be stealing eating all of my frozen meals, but I don't mind really. But, gosh!  Can they eat!!

What I'm reminiscing about...My birthday weekend! It was wonderful, but I wish that Steph could have been there with us on Friday night. She was on the road for basketball, but we got to celebrate together on Sunday. Let's just say that I have taught her well!  She decorated and planned everything so well, right down to the leopard plates and purple tablecloth! Wayne and Alise and I went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and then came home and enjoyed chocolate cake.  I inhaled my piece!  Just saying!



What I'm loving...My family. Period.

What we've been up to...Root canals, basketball games, homework, and trying to be a mom to a twenty-two and an eleven year old! The last two weeks have been hard for me and Steph and I struggle so much with dividing my time and running around like crazy. Alise got "clothes lined" and literally slapped during games the last two weeks and I was in full blown Mama mode! The girl from the other team got a technical called on her for it and we got some points from free throws, but that didn't make up for it in my mind. Nobody beats up on my girls! Then on Monday night, Alise had a stellar game playing against one of her previous classmates. They won in OT! And guess what!? Mama missed that game! Talk about feeling oh-so bad! But Big Sister's schedule finally allowed her to come to one of Alise's games last night and it was such a great game!  We won in the final seconds! You can tell Steph's knee is swollen and bruised and Alise was cramping up, too. #ballerproblems


What I'm dreading...Alise's middle school dance this weekend. If buying her first pair of heels a few weeks ago was any indication, I'm just not ready to go there yet.

What I'm working on...Reading the manual to the new camera that Wayne got me for Christmas. And that's why there haven't been any "real" pictures on my blog in a while, except pictures from my phone.  Gonna try and remedy that soon!

What I'm excited about...Nothing that I can think of at this time.

What I'm watching and reading...I made the horrible mistake of watching "The Bachelor" for the first time ever. That's an hour of my life that I will never get back! Stephanie has been watching it so I thought I would "try" to watch so it could be something we did together. Nope. Not gonna happen. However, I AM still watching "This Is Us" and she asked me, "Why do you watch a TV show that makes you cry." One day she'll understand (I hope!).  I'm reading, A Man Called Ove  and loving it! The perfect book club book in my opinion!

What I'm listening to...XM radio. Speaking of which!  Does anybody know what happened to the Bon Jovi station?!  I discovered it in December, but put listening to that station on hold due to listening to Christmas music and now I can't find it!?

What I'm wearing...The weather has wrecked havoc on my winter wardrobe! It's too warm here for January!  It's suppose to be cold in January! Still wearing lots of tunics and dresses with boots and leggings. And I finally wore the crushed velvet blouse I bought last fall on my birthday! You can check out my favorite winter outfits here and my must have make up products here.

What I'm doing this weekend...Dinner plans with friends, Alise's first formal dance, Stephanie's game, and hopefully Sunday afternoon I'll get to spend some time in the kitchen.

What I'm looking forward to next month...The Super Bowl.  Wayne has decided he wants to have friends over for the big game, so I've got to get to planning a menu! I'll be cheering for the Falcons.

What else is new...I think I'm finally over my root canal!  Just in time for my regular dentist to call me and want to schedule the crown for said tooth.  Geez!  Are you kidding me? I also found out this month that my beloved OB/GYN is no longer associated with the medical clinic I go to and let me just say that I was devastated.  The woman walks on water as far as I'm concerned. I was one of her first patients when she began her practice and she has held my hand through some pretty heavy stuff - including Alise's delivery - through the years. I'm going to miss her so much!

I hope everyone is having a great week! Just a few more days until Friday!  We can do this!

22 comments:

  1. I hate it when a provider you love leaves, when you feel so comfy with them and you always feel like they are really hearing you. So sorry. That's right Alise's dance this weekend, she will be the belle of the ball!!! Send me a picture! Speaking of pics, love the one of you guys at your birthday dinner, those smiles make me happy!!!! Have the BEST day angel!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so excited about the dance! I will send you a picture!

      Delete
  2. New cameras are so fun but goodness a little overwhelming....I have to google you tube videos because I'm such a visual learner so you might try that. I tried watching The Bachelor last fall and I just cannot. Not my thing but This is Us...oh so good. Glad you had a great weekend celebrating your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the kind of person, I want someone else to read the directions and just tell me how to do it! Ha! Thanks for the you tube video idea!

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about your doctor. I have been going to mine for over 15 years now, and would hate to start with a new one. I love the pic of S and A at the basketball game. Alise is at the age when lots of girls give up sports, so it is awesome that she has an athletic role model to look up to! I laughed about your warm weather in January comments because as I read it, our a/c kicked on. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just sick about losing my doctor, Tanya! I've been going to her for about 15 years, too, and we're the same age and so it's just been so nice having her in my corner for so long. Ha! About the picture of Stephanie and Alise! If you only knew what I had to go through to get that! They were fighting like cats and dogs last night! Ugh!!

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your pretty girl all dressed up for the dance. I have such good memories of all those dress shopping trips, hair appointment and the excitement of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicki! I'm gonna try and hold back the happy tears!

      Delete
  5. Hey mama. I'm ignoring that Falcons b.s. You are so beautiful as are your babies. I'm glad your birthday was excellent. The only way to eat chocolate cake is to inhale it - duh. I swear I make one and in five minutes it has been ingested. HA! I love the author of Ove but haven't read that one book yet. Adding it to March reads. You rock woman! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOhhh yea! That's right! New England is your team. I really don't care who wins! I'm only pulling for the Falcons because I love Julio Jones because he played for Alabama!

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry, spaghetti boats? What is this you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look for it on Pinterest! We love them! It's spaghetti on top of garlic bread with mozzarella on top! SOOO yummy!

      Delete
  7. HATE losing you Gyn dr...those and hairdressers are some of the hardest things to change. Sounds trivial, but TRUE! I used to watch the Bachelor for years and finally gave up about 5-6 years ago...it's just to stupid & raunchy for me and so scripted. Rant over! This Is Us😍😍😍 and I read A Man Called Ove and loved it. Gave my copy to my mom to read. Have a great day, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to know that we have so much in common, Lisa!

      Delete
  8. I love that bright pink lace top on you! SO cute! I hope Alise has a great time at her dance! I can totally relate to not being ready for it. We're going prom dress shopping this weekend! Eeeeek!!
    I love my OB/Gyn so much that when I was pregnant and received a post card in the mail from her office saying she was no longer with the office, I panicked!! I told my husband that I would have to get an apartment wherever she moved to until we had the baby because there was no way I was switching doctors. Thankfully, I received another letter in the mail a day later saying that she just moved to a different practice in the next town over. Crisis averted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Emily! I woulda died if I lost my doctor while I was pregnant! And prom dress shopping?! Oh, there is not way in HELL I can even think about that!! Have fun though! I'm sure your Baby Girl will pick out something fabulous!

      Delete
  9. The dance will be so much fun, but hard on the Mama! Also, my Mama Bear side would have came out during that game as well. Yay for new cameras. Youtube is always helpful to me when I have a question about my camera. I hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just gonna try and hold back the happy tears this weekend!

      Delete
  10. Can't wait to hear about Alise's dance!! Alayna has one on Friday but her's is super casual. I would cry if my OB/GYN left. He is amazing. Good luck with your camera! That is why I only have an iPhone, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my iPhone so much for pictures and I'm afraid one day I am going to regret it because something will happen to my phone and I'll never get them back!

      Delete
  11. I remember those first dances - you're so proud and so sad at the same time! Basketball is my all time favorite sport, but neither of my boys played - so jealous of you! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely mixed emotions about the dance tomorrow night!

      Delete