Wednesday, January 11, 2017

My Favorite Winter Outfits

I'm not sure if winter weather will ever stay a while here in Louisiana. We've had a few days of what I consider "cold" weather and then it warms right back up into the 70's - and even 80's - the next day. It wasn't even cold for Christmas! Fingers crossed no one in the family gets sick with this craziness! Having said that - and the fact that y'all know I'm a girl who loves her boots and layers - I thought I would share a few of my favorite winter outfits. Well, not mine personally, but you get the idea. Just throwing out some style options that say, "ME!"


Out of all the pictures I perused on my 'Fall Wardrobe' Pinterest board, this pin is positively, absolutely, without a doubt, me. It screams everything that is within me! Leopard {or polka dots}! Leggings! Layers! And boots! I love wearing dresses with leggings more than I like wearing tunics - which I do wear alot of! I don't know why. Maybe because it looks classier? Being a professional and working in an office setting does not always afford me the latest styles because they sometimes are too casual. However, this look would be something the nuns would smile at. And God, too. For church, of course. Now I know...you scarfy people out there would want to drape one over on me, but nope! Ain't happening.  No scarves in this post.


So did I mention that I don't wear jeans? I mean, I HAVE a pair of jeans - that I love from American Eagle - Hell, I have LOTS of jeans, okay? I just don't wear them.  Especially since I bought my fat pants last fall - aka "joggers." True story: a few weeks ago when Alise and I went to the Dillards 50% off sale, we were walking out of the house and she said, "Mom, please don't wear those pants?" And I said, "Why not? They're my fat pants!" Yes, people!  I actually wore them out in public despite my daughter's groanings!

This look is so classic and sassy!  A little more dressier for work, so I would save it for a date night - which I did! - and maybe church. I'm all about some lace. And I love my faux leather leggings! I wore this look for the first time last New Year's Eve (2015) when Wayne and I went to a party. It was fun! 


Now this. This is something I would wear to work. And what's with the black/red/white combos, you ask? I have no idea. And although this model is very chic indeed, I wouldn't particularly walk into the office looking like this. What would the nuns think? I would, however, wear the white jacket with the sleeves down and a nice pair of red dress pants.  And different heels, of course.  Those babies wouldn't last thirty minutes! 


And this is me. On the weekends. Finally!  No black/red/white combo!


And this is me again. On the weekends. At a basketball game or running errands.



Told y'all I had jeans!

Linking up with What I Wore Wednesday|| What's Hap-"Pinning" Wednesday|| 

22 comments:

  1. Yes, yes and yes!! I want all these! Can I just go back home and put on those polkadot pants? Leopard perfection and the picker of these fabulous ensembles....even more perfect, yes you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! I have been enjoying my "fat pants" during my "recovery" time. Hoping I start feeling better soon!

      Delete
  2. Leggings and tunics all day everyday for me ! I actually found a pair of skinny jeans that I LOVE at kohls and now I have one pair of jeans to wear. They stay up and don't fall down so it's a win for me. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Kohls is hit and miss. I can't remember the last thing I bought in there. Hope you have a great and relaxing day, Kimm!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE these outfits. The dress, leggings, and boots look so good. I love that dress. I also would not put a scarf with that. I wish I could wear heels to work, but I don't think my feet could stand that. I love those polka dot pants. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just not a scarf person, Jenna! I feel like I can't breath!

      Delete
  4. Those cozy polka dot pants... YES every day :)
    I love some splashes of bright color on gloomy winter days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Rebecca Jo, and I'm drawn to red, white, and black in the winter for some reason.

      Delete
  5. umm yes, yes and yes! I'd like ALL of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these looks! I especially like the idea of a short dress with leggings. Sometimes even a tunic can ride up and expose what should be covered! Great, classic looks. I must have missed you writing about the jogger pants. I bet they're cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my jogger aka "fat pants"! I got them at Walmart! I embarrassed the heck out of Alise a few weeks ago when I wore them "out" to run in the mall.

      Delete
  7. I love every single one of these! I work in a collision center office so I basically wear anything I want. It's nice, but sometimes isn't the best look. Knowwhatimean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm so jealous! Especially today! Love your outfits, though!

      Delete
  8. You always have great style! I love all your ideas!!! Hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of these looks!!! The red, black, and all of the patterns are amazing! That white eyelet shirt is gorgeous! Great winter finds :)

    Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for the lace and eyelet look. Even in winter! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  10. I grew up in the northeast, and believe me you don't want an actual long and harsh winter. Now that I live in Florida, I do get excited for days where it's cool enough to break out our scarves and boots. It's fun to enjoy them for a bit, and who doesn't love a good pair of leggings? The red and black look amazing, obsessed with those red pants <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that loooonnnggg winters are not fun!

      Delete
  11. Ahhh I love ALL these looks you have up. Polka dots are also one of my most favorite things in the world and leopard is my neutral around here. Fingers crossed we are finished with "winter" we had our zero and our snow and it looks like 50s/60s for the remainder of the winter...#hoping! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need some more cold weather where I'm at! It should not be 80 degrees in my birthday month!

      Delete