Friday, January 20, 2017

My Favorite Make Up Products

Today is my birthday. My kids make fun of me because I have to do the mental math to remind myself how old I am. At 3:15 this afternoon, I will officially be forty-four. My favorite number is four, so I'm thinking double fours means it's gonna be a great year! I'm taking the day off from work and celebrating with my friends and family so I decided to do something fun here on the blog, too, and share my favorite make up products.

Make up, shmake up. You splurge or you don't. And after it's all said and done and we have our beautiful faces on, does it really matter? I am constantly reminding my girls that it doesn't matter what you look like on the outside, it's the inside that counts. Okay, so that's my philosophical moment on this special day. Enjoy!



Two Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer || I think I've shared this one with y'all before, but it's still a fav and one of those products that I just don't see myself ever letting go of. I use to think that all primers were just an added and unnecessary expense {forgive my makeup shallowness...} until I got a wild hair one day in Ulta and decided I had $30 to burn. One of the best face investments I've ever made. My foundation just looks smoother and that makes me happy.

L'oreal Mascara Primer & Eyelash Conditioner || Okay this was one product that I DID originally splurge on, decided to try the drug store version and realized I liked the cheaper version better.  You might remember I decided to try fake eyelashes last spring - don't ever do it! - and when that fiasco went south, I needed to grow my original lashes back so I used the Lancome brand primer. Although I think it worked well to strengthen what two eyelashes I had left - and grow new ones - I don't think it's worth the price for an every day primer. The L'oreal works just as well.

Hard Candy Contour Trio || I've had this palette for-evah! I mean years and I can't even remember where I got it.  Since I found it on the Walmart website, I'm assuming I bought it there.  I was contouring, y'all, when contouring wasn't cool. And every single time I see one of those beautiful new contouring palettes at Ulta, I swoon and then remember my cheapo trio that's worked for all these years.

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye || THIS is the product I would have with me on a deserted island. And not because I have really dark circles under my eyes, either. It just "helps," ya know? It brightens and highlights and I love it. Enough said. Oh!  But the thing to remember is not to apply it directly under you eyes. I work it in to my contouring.

Kate Spade Walk On Air Perfume || Y'all! I just happened upon {southern slang} this fragrance during the holidays and I am in love! I asked Santa to bring me the perfume stick for Christmas just so I could see if I really liked it and I do. I'm asking for a bottle for my birthday. The fragrance is light and airy and smells so girly! And y'all know I'm a fan of girly!

Happy Friday, girls! 

P.S. And speaking of makeup, I hope some of you caught the great deal last weekend at Ulta regarding the new eye cream I was telling y'all about!  It was half off!  I got a jar for $17!

P.S.S. If you missed the cake or pie question this week, check it out here! Loved reading all your comments and seeing where you're from! I'll announce a winner next week! 

31 comments:

  1. Birthday Girl that I LOVE!!!! I gave you a big ole shout out today!! Double 4's is going to rock!! Your taste is make up is stupendous, your beauty unsurpassed inside and out! Love you to pieces my friend and I hope this day and birthday weekend is full of all things Laura and Lovely!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea! yep! Double fours! Let's see what trouble I can get into this weekend! Ha!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Laura ! Enjoy your special day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday, Laura! Hope it's a beautiful one! Thanks for sharing your fab favorites! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy birthday!!!! I love that you love to celebrate your special day (and glad I'm not the only one...in fact I consider the whole month of April MINE, but that's just me....).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I celebrate the entire month, too, Cara!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Laura!!! I love hearing about favorite makeup products, it sounds like that primer is a must have. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy happy birthday!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to you awesome 40-something buddy!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!!
    I'm on the hunt for some better make up - one that covers up these 40-something dark puffy eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes! I highly recommend the two eye creams!

      Delete
  8. Happy, Happy Birthday beautiful lady!!! A Friday birthday is the best! Celebrate all weekend. I love seeing what others have in their makeup bags. I use a brightener under my eyes too and think I'll look into yours. OK, for your lashes. You may have seen me raving about the Rodan + Fields Lash Boost. I'm not even kidding how wonderful it is. I have never had decent lashes and always wanted them. When I was in kindergarten I had chicken pox and lost patches of lashes that never grew back and those are even filling back in. I use a Loreal mascara that has a primer on one end and mascara on the other and love it too. Happy Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Lisa! I hated to hear about your eye lash woes due to the chicken pox. I'll be honest: I've never heard of that before. I have heard of Rodan & Fields Lash Boost and I've thought about trying it. My favorite mascara is the Better Than Sex brand. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  9. Wishing you a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a super special day filled with love and celebrating! Love your cosmetic picks. I need to try that It concealer. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend!

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday beautiful lady. I pray you have a wonderful day with family and friends. Here's to 44!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren, for your birthday wishes and prayers!

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday! I am always looking for new beauty products and these look like so much fun. I will have to check the perfume out as well. I need a new one. Hope your weekend is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! Let me know what you think about the perfume!

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday! Hope you're having a great weekend! I appreciate the make up recs - I always admire your make up & I need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did grab that eye cream....and it was on sale but not $17 :( totally missed that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Hate you missed the promotional! I assumed it was $17 in all the Ultas, but it was just a one day deal. How do you like the eye cream? My eyes are so bright now!

      Delete
  15. Well, hope you've had a great birthday weekend. Heck, I'm only 20 years ahead of you, old enough to be your Mother by a long shot. Oh, well, it is what it is and I'm proud of all 64 of my years. Always love to hear about makeup favorites. I'm going to Ulta on Tuesday and will probably end up with more than is on my list. :o)) Have a great first week of being 44!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you had a great birthday!!
    I need a video of the bye bye under eye application process. I'm make-up challenged!!

    ReplyDelete