Friday, January 13, 2017

Hello Friday


This has been a week for the record books, y'all, and simply one I'm ready to put behind me. I'm still not feeling 100% after my "procedure" this week, but thank GOD it's hair day!  I have an appointment with a new stylist this afternoon and I'm a little nervous - always nervous about trying someone knew!  Do you get that way, too?  My precious Anna Banana has taken a leave of absence to take care of her sister who has cancer and the outlook is not good, so say a prayer for my favorite gal today. Here are this week's favorites:

{one.} Loved this pic Reese Witherspoon put on IG Sunday night at the Golden Globe awards. I didn't get a chance to watch the show this year {and that's why I didn't have a post on Monday dedicated to my favorite dresses like I normally do}, but I did see Reese's dress and I thought she looked stunning in yellow.



{two.} I survived my first ever root canal on Monday and let me just say that I am not a fan. I hope I never have to go through that again as long as I live. The absolute BEST thing about it - other than pain pills! - was a Sonic chocolate milkshake afterwards! YUM!


{three.} When I was cleaning out drawers and closets around New Year's I found some free samples that I can't even remember receiving.  A sample of this eye cream was in the bag and I decided to try it.  One word: WOW! Some time inbetween basketball games this weekend, I'm making a quick trip to Ulta for this splurge! I can't believe the difference in my eyes and how much brighter they looked! I've been rationing my free sample all week! Ha!

{four.} On Tuesday night, my ballers went to see the Harlem Globetrotters.  It's like they can't get enough basketball and I just don't understand it! I believe it was a little more of a daddy-daughter date night, too, because Wayne treated them to dinner and then the funny basketball antics ensued.  I got tons of pics from all three all evening, but this one was my favorite!


I actually enjoyed a nice quiet evening at home - still recovering - with a warm bath, a face mask, my essential oils, and a good book! I wasn't jealous one bit.  Okay, maybe I was jealous about dinner, but that's the only thing! Alise sent me the sweetest texts on their way home that night. I love her so much!


{five.} I bought our first King Cake this week from a local bakery and it was oh-so good!! I bought a chocolate cake for us at home and got Stephanie and her team mates a strawberry cream cheese. Can you believe the poor dear had never had a King Cake until I bought her one last year? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I was.  Anyhoo!  It was the first time I had ever had a chocolate King Cake and it certainly did not disappoint!  It was sooo good and fresh! In case you didn't know, the King Cake inspiration comes from Mardi Gras and all that jazz. If you're interested in purchasing a cake, some of the bakeries in south Louisiana ship them and I suggest Gambinos and Ambrosia Bakery. 

{BONUS.} If you're a fan of Target and their dollar aisle - which I think has recently become the three dollar aisle at our store - due to inflation, I guess! - I highly suggest hitting it up soon before all the really, really cute Valentine Day stuff is gone!  I was just in our store yesterday morning, getting in some retail therapy before work and they had some awesome stuff! 

Loved all the comments about matte lipstick this week! I think we girls have got it figured out. We know what we like and we do what we want! Yassss! In case you missed the post, you can catch up this week!

||
||

Happy Friday the 13th, Happy Weekend, Happy MLK Day, and Happy Birthday to me next week!

25 comments:

  1. Pain pills and a milkshake....love it;). And girl that dollar spot in target GETS ME EVERYTIME! Pretty much all our Valentine's Day decor has come from those little bins ! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl!! I'm STILL on pain pills!! And yes! I bought quite a few things yesterday at Target!

      Delete
  2. Ouch...I'm glad that root canal is history! They are never fun, and I hope it doesn't give you any more problems. Thanks for the tip on the eye cream. I'm glad I'm not the only one who rations out my good samples. Yes, our dollar aisle is now the $3 and $5 aisle. It puts a little damper on the impulse buys! Have a great weekend.

    And you should print out that text and frame it...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, Tanya! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. So glad you are recovering from Monday, I'm so sorry you had to even do it. Yay for pain pills!! Going to Ultra STAT, I need a good eye cream, dang crows feet!! I went nutso at Target yesterday for their V-Day stuff but only bought one stinking thang, what is wrong with me, lol!! Happy weekend angel!! xo The week of Laura starts NOW!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEK! I'm so excited! As excited as I can be on drugs (still!)!!

      Delete
  4. What a sweet text from your daughter. There's nothing better than an affirmation that they get what's important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Vicki!

      Delete
  5. Glad the procedure went well. And yes, you deserved a reward after that girlfriend. And that text...melts this momma's heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It melts mine, too!

      Delete
  6. OH man... I'm so sorry your root canal was so bad. Maybe it was the person doing it? That makes a HUGE difference. Glad you treated yourself ... so deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GURL! You and I have got to have a looonnnngggg talk about root canals!

      Delete
  7. Sorry you had a boo week! Hope your weekend makes up for it. Seriously think I'm going to try that eye cream..I'm a sucker for anything that claims to help with dark circles. That is one thing I really wish my mom would not have passed along to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitley headed out this weekend to get the eye cream! I couldn't get over the difference! Still can't! Did you see my pic on IG?

      Delete
  8. I am so glad you are feeling better! A Root Canal does not sound like a good time :) You have me completely intrigued by that eye cream, I see an Ulta trip in my future. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the eye cream, Karen! I hope you do, too!

      Delete
  9. Somebody get me a Kleenex...that sweet text had the tears coming on strong❤️ Pain pills and a Sonic milkshake sound pretty good...LOL (DO.NOT.TAKE.THAT.WRONG...I'm not a pill junkie, but I do like some good sleep😉)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaasss! Ambien is my friend! I've been careful with the pain pills, though! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  10. Confession: I've never had a king cake! Is that the one with the baby in it???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, glad you have your root canal behind you. I must give that eye cream a try! Enjoy your weekend and I'll be sure and get me a king cake next week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey hey hey my fellow dental hater. Can I just say that text from Alise is just heart melting. I love it when kids are thankful unfortunately, my two haven't caught on to that concept yet. Freaking brats. I love finding samples. Woo hoo. I need to click over and check it out. I have never had King Cake. I'm guessing because I'm over here on the East Coast side of the world. I may have to check our local bakeries and see if any of the hipsters have tried their hand at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Maybe I can ship you one! I'll look into it!

      Delete
  13. Happy weekend ! I'm not a fan of the dentist, I dread going and I've never had a root canal. Hope your feeling better soon :) XOXO On another note I've never had King Cake, I'm a fan of almost all cakes so I'm sure I'd love it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I checked around and nobody sells King cake here - maybe I'll have to order one because now I really want to try it. Hope you're recovered from your root canal!

    ReplyDelete