Wednesday, December 21, 2016

What's Up Wednesday ~ December 2016


Because of the holidays, I've decided to do a shortened version of WUW for December. Here are just a few quick things we've been up to!

What We're Eating This Week...PARTY FOOD! I'm writing this post on Tuesday because the girls are coming over tonight for our annual Christmas Soiree and I am SO excited! I left work early today so that I could get my Hostess With The Mostess apron on and finish decorating and cooking. I've been making a few things each night to get ready, but I shared some new recipes that I'll be trying a little later tonight HERE! Party pics to come!

What I'm loving...Snap Chat, y'all! It is so fun!

What We've Been Up To...It's no joke that Alise and I were sweating her math grade.  She walked into the final with a 95/A, but needed to make no lower than an 88/B on her final to keep a 94/A. Careless mistakes have plagued her all 9-weeks, but Baby Girl pulled out a 92/B on her final and so she has straight A's once again.  I was so proud of her! Wayne has been working his butt off delivering packages and getting up at 1:30 am to drive to Jackson to meet the UPS plane. I love Christmas, but I hate the toll it takes on him. I feel like I hardly ever see him during the Christmas holidays. Steph is still balling - her last game of 2016 is tonight in Houston - and I have a consult for a root canal next Wednesday. 

What I'm dreading...Still dreading the task of wrapping all those presents!  Alise and I had a wrapping party a few nights ago while we watched Gilmore Girls and sipped hot chocolate, but it's the Santa gifts that still need to be wrapped!

What I'm excited about...Steph is spending Christmas with us! Because of her basketball schedule, she is not going home to Orlando to visit her dad, but he was in town for about three weeks at Thanksgiving, so she doesn't seem very upset about it. Can't wait to have my girls together on Christmas morning opening their presents!

What I'm watching/reading/listening to...Wayne and I are hooked on Good Girl with the actress that played Lady Mary in Downton Abbey and a lady she is not on this show! Alise and I are still on Season 5 of Gilmore Girls and I'm so upset that Luke and Lorelai have broken up. It's been a slow reading month for me, but I'm in the middle of a book by a new author titled, Blood Lines by Angela Marsons.  It's pretty good if you like thriller/mysteries. Still reading Liked by Kari Kampakis and I officially want Michael Buble's Christmas CD. OH!  And we went to see, Rogue One, over the weekend and I just have to say, it's not my favorite Star Wars movie.  I nearly fell asleep!

What I'm doing this weekend...Celebrating Christmas and finishing my shopping. In reverse order.

What I'm looking forward to next month...My birthday!  Yay!

Alright, peeps!  You're pretty much caught up with what's going on in my world! I live such a glamorous life, I know!  I probably won't be posting again before the big day so I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating our Savior's birth with those you love.

12 comments:

  1. How ya feeling today mama??? I had a glass of wine and virtually celebrated with you all!! Yay to Steph spending Christmas with you and I would come help you wrap in a heartbeat!! Have a wonderful Wednesday me love!! January: month of Queen Laura!!! YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to your family! I need to check out Good Girl - sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas friend! I know it will all come together in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to break down & get a Snapchat account. I cant believe I've gone this long without one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Snapchat, Gilmore Girls and of course PARTY FOOD🎉. MERRY Christmas Laura!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hottie - aka Snap buddy! Your party looked to be SO much fun! I understand not feeling like you see your Mister. I swear I haven't seen mine in three months. Look at you reading like a champ - I did and lost all interest and then picked up a cheese ball Christmas book to get me back in the mood. Root canals suck - had one and probably need another one. Praying for you. MERRY CHRISTMAS GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a love/hate relationship with Snapchat...now that I finally have some of it figured out I am liking it a lot more :)I always forget to hit send. Yay for having both of your girls home for Christmas. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You looked stunning in your Instagram pic of your party last night!! Hope you had a blast.
    I'm so excited that you get to be with Steph Christmas morning after all!! Yay!! Happiness is waking up with everyone you love under one roof! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your poor husband! UPS drops packages off for me almost everyday. They are my best friends for sure! Have the merriest of merriest Christmases dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally finished the wrapping today - it's my least favorite holiday job! Usually I get help from Thomas, but he's been so busy with friends since he got home :)! I need a snapchat lesson - I signed up but can't figure it out. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete