Friday, December 09, 2016

Velvet Crush

A little over a month ago, Jennifer and I went to Mistletoe Market and we saw crushed velvet everywhere!  What can I say? I'm a fan!  I ended up buying a blouse that I am forever in love with.  Hoping to show it to you soon.  In the meantime, here are a few velvet finds that I'm hearting!

Is this blouse fine or what? Would love to have this and pair with my faux leather leggings for a date night! So holiday-ish, too!


Y'all know how I feel about dresses and tunics with leggings!  I could so see myself sporting this dress to work! Or even to a Christmas party minus the leggings and add a cute pair of heels! Target has a similar skater dress right now in black velvet, if you're interested!


Look at these shoes, y'all!  Too cute and too fun! Love them styled with the cut-off jeans!


And speaking of velvet shoes, look at these babies!  Ha!  My favorite color, but I wouldn't step out of the house in these.  Would you?


And, of course, one could never go wrong with a velvet robe, right?  Hey Santa!


It's no secret that I'm a fan of the chokers this season! Swoon!


I totally think the '80's blazer is making a come back, y'all!  I've seen them in quite a few store this season.  I'm loving this black velvet blazer with the tie front. So me!  Reminds me of my preppy days!


And speaking of jackets, I have a similar barn-style jacket as the one below that I've had for years from J.Jill.  I've been sporting it a lot lately to work with the cooler mornings, but I think I'm about to have to trade it in for my wool coat.  Winter has finally hit Louisiana!


Happy Friday, Loves!  More B-Ball and getting the rest of the house decorated for a girls party next week are on the agenda for the weekend! I'm also craving a big bowl of soup since the weather had gotten much colder here. Just haven't decided yet what kind to make! Hope you have a good one!

10 comments:

  1. Velvet swoon...those shoes, that green dress with your name on it, :-), the red choker...love it all!!! LOVE you more, happy festive busy weekend and get your soup on girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally takes me back to some rocker 80's videos :)
    I do love that jacket with the ribbon tie!!! That's classic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I really love that velvet button down AND the choker! Great picks. I really love velvet this season!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top & blazer - yes! I saw some leggings made of it at Old Navy on Wednesday and they enticed me but I think I would rather wear it up top than down below.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that velvet blazer brings back memories from wayyy back. I've gotten a couple of velvet tops this season and love them. And, do hope Santa brings that pretty velvet robe your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I can't wait to see your find! I'm pretty sure my mom had a green velvet robe when I was young, so that pic took me back 30+ years!!
    I love those pink velvet shoes! I've always had a thing for pink and red shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so on a velvet high right now and just haven't found something perfect. Love that first top! And I'm totally going to be on the lookout for some raw edge jeans. My friend Holly had some on yesterday and they were adorable. Of course if I don't quit eating #allthedamncookies I won't be wearing jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yess I am LOVING velvet! I love that velvet button down and the heels! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining the Ageless Style linkup. The velvet shoes are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you order that dang velvet shirt yet??!!!

    ReplyDelete