Monday, December 12, 2016

Heaux Heaux Heaux

I told y'all I was gonna make some soup this weekend! And indeed I did!  Just look at this crockpot full!  I had no idea the recipe was going to make so much - I guess I should have paid better attention to the quantities.  So needless to say, this was Friday night and today is Monday and we're still eating freakin' soup!


Alise and I had the evening to ourselves, so we cuddled up on the couch with sandwiches - and soup! - and watched a few episodes of Gilmore Girls! I swear, season five will never end! But we had a great time just hanging out together.


Saturday morning, we were back on the court by 11:00! We had two games and won both! The girls played so well and Keith and Wayne were glowing! Our girls have come SO far from last year and it's so fun to be on a winning streak! One thing is for certain. We have the best dressed players! Ha!


It was killing my soul that I was missing Steph's game in Mississippi! This was the weekend we had promised we would be in Oxford for her game and of course we had a conflict because Alise was playing.  I was looking forward to going back to John Grisham's home town, but Steph understood, and the game was actually on the SEC Network. So while Alise was playing "live," I was watching ULM play on my phone. It was the first time I had ever watched my girls at the same time and it was a little weird, but fun!

Alise's BFF came home with us after the game and after getting the girls something to eat, Wayne and I spent the rest of the afternoon Christmas shopping. Three schools in our area were at the state championship football games in NOLA and the stores were still cray-zee!!  Wayne was a good sport, though, and carried my bags for me! I think I'll keep him! After shopping, we ran home, got our fancy clothes on and went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants!


On Sunday, I didn't even get out of my pajamas until 4:00!  That's when I carried a lasagna I had made earlier in the day to Dani for her and her family. Alise and I studied for her math final, watched Gilmore Girls, and napped most of the day. I couldn't believe how much the weather had changed! Friday and Saturday was oh-so cold and yesterday I think it was in the high 60's.  We're all going to be sick in time for Christmas! 

I saw this on social media this weekend and it made me smile. Y'all know how much I admired Princess Diana and to see Kate wear her favorite tiara made me smile.


Welp! This is the first year of mid-terms/finals for Baby Girl! Luckily, most of hers are not comprehensive and her grades are good enough that I'm not overly worried.  Except math, so we'll be working hot and heavy on that subject until the exam on Wednesday! That is also our last day of school for the year, so y'all know that it can't get here quick enough for me! 

Bring on Christmas! 

10 comments:

  1. A man who carries your packages - yes he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too, Vicki! Enjoy all your snow!

      Delete
  2. Look at you and Papa Horton all fancied up! Love love love your black dress, U2 are simply smoking! College finals for boys this week and then I get them home on Friday for three weeks! They are up to their ears in studying and how come I feel kinda happy that I don't have to help study for those finals anymore? Even our baby said mom I got this! Merry Christmas to me, ha ha! I'd take some of your leftover soup girl, love me a sweet cuppa soup heated up for my lunches at work! Love you, cheers to a festive Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, I'm not having to do much studying with Alise for finals, either. Math is the only class I'm concerned about. Steph finished up her finals last week, so I'm looking forward to spending some time with my girls, too! I know you are so ready to see your boys! Can't wait to read about all the catching up you'll do over the holidays!

      Delete
  3. You look stunning in your fancy clothes!! What kind of soup is that? You know how I feel about soup!!
    Good luck to Alise on her finals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was vegetable soup! I'm sick of soup now. Just saying. Alise is wanting Cheeseburger Soup this weekend, so we'll see...I need to detox myself from soup first! Ha!

      Delete
  4. Its always so hard when you want to be in 2 places at the same time. The life of a mom.
    Good for you staying in PJ's for a good part of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice, Rebecca Jo! All that was missing was a nice, cozy fire!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good weekend! Girl, here it is 34 one day and 65 the next. Friday it going to be, get this, 13. Sunday 66. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Looks like y'all are having some crazy weather, too!

      Delete